Tannenbaum: Dak's market has taken off like a rocket, he'll be highest-paid QB!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean i get his logic, no one should ever take less at a job than they can get ... and lets face it the NFL owners have created thier own way to cap players spending for a business thats booming like no other in the country. If it was Jerry vs Dak in a vacuum i think most of us would laugh and say get it all Dak Jerry has plenty, the problem is as fans it has an effect (real or not..who knows) on our Team...and so the owners blame the cap they created...kinda a great catch 22 "Hey guys I know I'm a bllionaire and the money i charge you to support me is ridiculous but i cant put a great product on the field because of this Mean ole salary cap that appeared out of nowhere! you believe me fans right!"
I agree, the thing is as you and I and everyone else knows is that Jerry is a business man so if he can stiff all of us fans into giving him money it does no have an effect on the players, but the players are employees and can only make what the salary cap can share among them.

If there were no salary cap, hell yes, get as much as you can from JJ, but there is a salary cap. But don't be so greedy that JJ can't give a little of the pie to his other players that have actually helped Dak be who he is. Without others blocking for him, running for him, catching passes, kicking for him ( our kicker I think leads the NFL in points scored) to help win a game, then you lose the game.

And when Dak has a bad game you need the guys on defense to help bail him and help win the game. Without all those guys, as they say, Dak, win or lose, is not the only player on the field, just the richest, and if he does not understand that then he is not the teammate some people think he is.

However, it's all a moot point because, well, it's JJ. He got bent over and made to yell "pig" on the last deal and I'm sure he going to do it again at the expense of others, but Dak has his.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree, the thing is as you and I and everyone else knows is that Jerry is a business man so if he can stiff all of us fans into giving him money it does no have an effect on the players, but the players are employees and can only make what the salary cap can share among them.

If there were no salary cap, hell yes, get as much as you can from JJ, but there is a salary cap. But don't be so greedy that JJ can't give a little of the pie to his other players that have actually helped Dak be who he is. Without others blocking for him, running for him, catching passes, kicking for him ( our kicker I think leads the NFL in points scored) to help win a game, then you lose the game.

And when Dak has a bad game you need the guys on defense to help bail him and help win the game. Without all those guys, as they say, Dak, win or lose, is not the only player on the field, just the richest, and if he does not understand that then he is not the teammate some people think he is.

However, it's all a moot point because, well, it's JJ. He got bent over and made to yell "pig" on the last deal and I'm sure he going to do it again at the expense of others, but Dak has his.
I agree lets hope he sees the whole picture along with a few others because if they can pull it together and win and keep this core together it can be a good run.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree lets hope he sees the whole picture along with a few others because if they can pull it together and win and keep this core together it can be a good run.
So far the team looks really good and it would be a shame if JJ cannot afford or keep his core players together. Some are going to want a place at the table otherwise when the time comes they will bail and go to a house that will let them sit at the table and eat. Then guess what, a bunch of untalented players will sit down and eat baloney while Dak eats steak and the Cowboys are back to square one, no soup for you or a Superbowl.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak would have to be an absolute moron to hold the team hostage for his next contract. He will have collected over $175 million for his career and another $25-30 million in endorsements. He could play the rest of his career for free and be just fine. What he needs is a ring and the only way he gets it is that he makes concessions with his contract to enable the team to keep Lamb, Parsons, and the other great players around him. If he fails to do that and demands to be the highest paid QB for 5 minutes then I will stop rooting for him because it will mean he is not who I thought he was. I know he has an agent who will be pounding on him to hold the team up as will the NFLPA, but he needs to go full Tom Brady and tell both to kiss his bootay and sign a team friendly deal so he can go get some championships.
not really Jerry is going to pay him 60 mil just to have the highest paid qb.
All dak has to do is be here and say ok jerry.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Let's say Dak wins MVP but plays poorly in the playoffs and loses in the divisional round. Should the Cowboys extend him for big money? Mike Tannenbaum says he'll be the highest paid QB. I don't agree unless he gets it done in the playoffs. I would rather trade him for picks if he doesn't get it done.

"...You've got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away..."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My exact reason I used Danny Dimes as the comparison.
Other than both having a losing record over there careers, they really don’t compare. Herbert has put up much better numbers than Jones. Kyler Murray is another QB who got paid and has a losing QB record.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Dak would have to be an absolute moron to hold the team hostage for his next contract. He will have collected over $175 million for his career and another $25-30 million in endorsements. He could play the rest of his career for free and be just fine. What he needs is a ring and the only way he gets it is that he makes concessions with his contract to enable the team to keep Lamb, Parsons, and the other great players around him. If he fails to do that and demands to be the highest paid QB for 5 minutes then I will stop rooting for him because it will mean he is not who I thought he was. I know he has an agent who will be pounding on him to hold the team up as will the NFLPA, but he needs to go full Tom Brady and tell both to kiss his bootay and sign a team friendly deal so he can go get some championships.
Can’t see Dak pulling a Tom Brady and signing for less than market value. He‘ll have his agent and other players chirpin in his ear to get all the money he possibly can, even if it means sacrificing a possible ring and solidifying his legacy as a Cowboy.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak getting paid would be just terrible for this site.
I mean there are a handful of people that had sworn to leave this site and switch allegiance when that happens

You know the ones who have done so much to make everyone know their disdain,

you know virtually everyday for the past 3 years

How will we survive without their positive contribution lol?

I’ll miss them terribly………. NOT

Go Dak!
Go Cowboys!
Lock him up Jerry but take care of Micah and CeeDee first

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Brilliant. So he should leave money on the table and trust his GM to put together a SB quality team. Who is his GM again?

Steve007

Reaction score
I agree. Hopefully Dak does also.

conner01

Reaction score

He didn’t get bent over. He payed market value. Had he signed him earlier he could have signed him cheaper.