Tannenbaum: Dak's market has taken off like a rocket, he'll be highest-paid QB!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak would have to be an absolute moron to hold the team hostage for his next contract. He will have collected over $175 million for his career and another $25-30 million in endorsements. He could play the rest of his career for free and be just fine. What he needs is a ring and the only way he gets it is that he makes concessions with his contract to enable the team to keep Lamb, Parsons, and the other great players around him. If he fails to do that and demands to be the highest paid QB for 5 minutes then I will stop rooting for him because it will mean he is not who I thought he was. I know he has an agent who will be pounding on him to hold the team up as will the NFLPA, but he needs to go full Tom Brady and tell both to kiss his bootay and sign a team friendly deal so he can go get some championships.
I can actually see that happening, the man has been taking a beating in the media for the bad playoff performances and he needs all the surrounding support he can get. He's upped his game this season, the last thing he needs is a bargain bin roster going forward.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak would have to be an absolute moron to hold the team hostage for his next contract. He will have collected over $175 million for his career and another $25-30 million in endorsements. He could play the rest of his career for free and be just fine. What he needs is a ring and the only way he gets it is that he makes concessions with his contract to enable the team to keep Lamb, Parsons, and the other great players around him. If he fails to do that and demands to be the highest paid QB for 5 minutes then I will stop rooting for him because it will mean he is not who I thought he was. I know he has an agent who will be pounding on him to hold the team up as will the NFLPA, but he needs to go full Tom Brady and tell both to kiss his bootay and sign a team friendly deal so he can go get some championships.
I agree but when you have a job that’s has a 10-15 year life span then maximizing your income is smart and I don’t blame players. But the key is not amount but structure. Flexibility in the structure helps the team and gets him good money too

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The leaps that are made truly make me belly laugh.

Ive long been a proponent of Classical Education, it would solve much of this stuff, but I digress

No, I was comparing what has Justin Herbert done to what Daniel Jones has done to warrant a big contract. But please continue with accusing people of comparing everything to Dak, it's much more entertaining for me than actual ability to read and think with a smidge of critical thinking.
I mentioned both Dak and Justin Herbert. I wasn’t sure where you were coming from. Most of the comparisons here are to Dak. Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish with that word salad you just put together. Both Herbert and Jones have losing QB records but they’re still getting paid big money.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He has sat during a significant amount of the 4th quarter several times this season, hardly just "Bulking up his stats" now isn't it?

Those of you who just want to bash Dak at every opportunity seem to think he drafts the CBs for the other teams, makes up the schedules for the year, and then proceeds to make sure the other teams D allow him to just rack up stats.

It's lunacy. Against Seattle he played probably the best secondary he will face all season throws for 3 TDs completed nearly 70% of passes near 300 yards and no Ints at helm of leading team to 41 points and inspired the D on last drive to finish the game.

But please continue with your delusion that he only pads his stats.
Until he can beat elite teams he's just another Kirk Cousins drawing outrageous pay checks with zero NFC Championships or SB APPEARANCES under his belt wallet...................LOL!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree but when you have a job that’s has a 10-15 year life span then maximizing your income is smart and I don’t blame players. But the key is not amount but structure. Flexibility in the structure helps the team and gets him good money too
this 100%

Brax

Reaction score
Don’t disagree but Jerry will pay whatever Dak wants and it will not be a team friendly deal. Dak will demand at top $$ amount just like before. If Dak chokes in the POs again won’t matter he’s Jerry’s find which means he’s Jerry’s guy. Get ready the monster deal is coming and Jerry will gush about it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's really all he realistically has to do. Structure the deal to free up enough cap space in the next 2-3 years to keep the talent around him. He gets the huge bonus check up front and the title of highest paid yadda yadda yadda for 5 minutes and everybody wins. Yes some of the same people whining about his salary now will be back in 2027 but what are ya gonna do with those people?
I am guessing this is exactly how Stephen will structure his extension. Just as the last one ( and Romo and Aikman contracts ), serious cap hits won't kick in until after 2-3 years of signing. Meanwhile, they will treated like a line of credit borrowing and/or restructuring it several times.

bottleKids

Reaction score
You know.... for once, I agree with you on everything you said. Well said.

Gambit

Reaction score
The leaps that are made truly make me belly laugh.

Ive long been a proponent of Classical Education, it would solve much of this stuff,

Both Herbert and Jones have losing QB records but they’re still getting paid big money.
My exact reason I used Danny Dimes as the comparison.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I get what your saying but the diference is 1 million would change most common folks lives.... what is another 10 million when your making 40 already? I get what Ronnie is saying, i 'm not holding my breath though. Dak has had a great season and if he can carry this into the playoffs we need to resign him, but look at Mahomes...as his contract strangles KC the team has lost pieces to the point they cant compete...Dak can either see the big picture or he cant.
Because that’s what his profession dictates that he’s worth. He’s earned that money and he’s earned that worth. He should play for what the pay in his profession dictates and up to the maximum or very close to it. Mahomes is doing just fine lol….they will at worst be in the afc championship game and maybe further and they won he super bowl last year…..think he’s just fine.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Plus, Dak and his girlfriend (not wife) are having a baby and there is no way Dak can afford to feed that kid making all the millions and millions and millions of dollars that he has made so far. He definitely needs at least 100 or 200 million more, I mean, then damn diapers are getting expensive.
It’s not about how much he already has….I don’t count other men or woman’s money, it’s about maximizing his worth. He should get as much as he can as we all try to do in our professions

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s not about how much he already has….I don’t count other men or woman’s money, it’s about maximizing his worth. He should get as much as he can as we all try to do in our professions
I agree, he does not have enough money. You can't keep the man down.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Because that’s what his profession dictates that he’s worth. He’s earned that money and he’s earned that worth. He should play for what the pay in his profession dictates and up to the maximum or very close to it. Mahomes is doing just fine lol….they will at worst be in the afc championship game and maybe further and they won he super bowl last year…..think he’s just fine.
Now but you cant deny they are losing pieces again, I'm not holding my breath but i can see Ronnie's point.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now but you cant deny they are losing pieces again, I'm not holding my breath but i can see Ronnie's point.
Dak has money that he most likely will never be able to spend in his lifetime. Generational money that will go a long freaking way, and now we have posters that say he needs more? Or, get what you can get, screw the rest of the guys that help make you famous and be the good QB you are. Nah...just give Dak the whole salary cap and tell the other guys to get a real job.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak has money that he most likely will never be able to spend in his lifetime. Generational money that will go a long freaking way, and now we have posters that say he needs more? Or, get what you can get, screw the rest of the guys that help make you famous and be the good QB you are. Nah...just give Dak the whole salary cap and tell the other guys to get a real job.
I mean i get his logic, no one should ever take less at a job than they can get ... and lets face it the NFL owners have created thier own way to cap players spending for a business thats booming like no other in the country. If it was Jerry vs Dak in a vacuum i think most of us would laugh and say get it all Dak Jerry has plenty, the problem is as fans it has an effect (real or not..who knows) on our Team...and so the owners blame the cap they created...kinda a great catch 22 "Hey guys I know I'm a bllionaire and the money i charge you to support me is ridiculous but i cant put a great product on the field because of this Mean ole salary cap that appeared out of nowhere! you believe me fans right!"

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Wow, well said. We never agree on anything about Dak but I am in complete agreement. Even if I don't like him and want him gone, I know it's not happening, so the next best thing would be for him to do a team friendly deal.