Tap the breaks on Pollard

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Pollard is a backup RB who got backup reps, in backup situations and produced backup numbers.

This is known to occasionally happen in the NFL. ;)

13 carries for 24 yards is "guy who doesn't belong in the NFL" numbers. A few more games like this one and we'll be calling Alfred Morris back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard has to learn now to run, Zeke knows how, especially behind this OL. That said Pollard has skills and will be huge in relief of Zeke, relax.
Some of you are so stats driven you don't see skills.
My advice to some: If a beautiful blonde walks up to you in a bar and smiles......Smile back and say Hi! It's all in how you read things boys.

Nothing I witnessed in the one meaningful NFL game he has played hints at "skills" that will be a huge relief for anybody. Sure he was impressive in TC but so what? Rico looked great in TC too.

JayFord

Reaction score
The giants were keying in on the run and I didn’t expect pollard not Elliott to have a beast of a game

Next week I can see Elliott getting 90 and pollard getting 60

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The giants were keying in on the run and I didn’t expect pollard not Elliott to have a beast of a game

Next week I can see Elliott getting 90 and pollard getting 60

He didn't look good in the first half either.

Wood

Reaction score
Against a putrid Giants defense, he managed 24 yards on 13 carries. He looked every bit the 4th round pick out of his depth.

I was really surprised by his lack of burst. When your drafting specialty RB who you compare to Kamara...he better get new set of wheels.

Kaiser

Reaction score
13 carries for 24 yards is "guy who doesn't belong in the NFL" numbers. A few more games like this one and we'll be calling Alfred Morris back.

Dak Prescott had -2 yards rushing in his last two carries. Those are "don't belong in the NFL" numbers too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He didn't look good in the first half either.

he had 4 carries in the 1st half. 9 in the 4th qrt as starters were being pulled. Really you are going to make a big deal out of this? Pumping breaks you already have him off the team. lol this is a complete joke of a thread

johneric8

Reaction score
There was absolutely nothing there for him and when there was he took it.. It's also his first NFL regular season action.. The guy will be a stud, and I can't wait until his big breakout game and listening to all you doubters tout his greatness.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There was absolutely nothing there for him and when there was he took it.. It's also his first NFL regular season action.. The guy will be a stud, and I can't wait until his big breakout game and listening to all you doubters tout his greatness.

A player's first game is often a big adjustment like you say. Not comparing the two but Zeke's first start in 2016 was 20 carries for 51 yards because he was still learning to use his blockers.

Dre11

Reaction score
Against a putrid Giants defense, he managed 24 yards on 13 carries. He looked every bit the 4th round pick out of his depth.

Lol...most of his carries came in garbage time when we were running the clock out and the Giants stacked the box to get the ball back..lol

Dre11

Reaction score
That was a pretty impressive 24 yards considering he was hit in the backfield almost every time he touched the ball.

He should be getting touches the same way Kamara does, and that's....not at all what they did. His impact will be felt if they every choose to give him the ball in space, not as a backup being asked to do exactly what Zeke does. The problem is that, with the volume Zeke gets and the passing game, there's almost no opportunity for that.

Lol...i see you showed up. Cobb says what's up.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Pollard will show some things on special teams. But he's not competition for Elliott.