Tap the breaks on Pollard

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is wrong with your reading comprehension? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:You get three now. Damn

Insults are always the last resort of folks that can't make a cogent argument. Go ahead, make the case for Pollard. I'll start....back-up rb at U of memphis......go!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Ok. So, we would be fine with Pollard in the sense that we wouldn't have to use him much. Got it.

Yes, but I didn't think Zeke would need to do as much either. People were saying "Pollard can't get 25 carries a game. He wasn't a bellcow in college." I wasn't expecting Zeke to get run into the ground like that either and he only got 13 carries.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Come on man.

Zeke went 13 for 51 and he had easier running then Pollard did.

13 for 51 and a TD is much better than what Pollard did. Zeke makes no gains into a few yards. He makes negative plays into neutral. Those don't show up on the final sheet if you just look at the numbers. Zeke knows how to find the holes. Pollard still does not. The separation of RBs is which ones can get yards when nothing is there. If you are telling me Pollard needs gaping holes to get his yards, he will wash up quick.

But I and others tried telling others there is a huge difference in playing against backups playing half speed in vanilla schemes in the preseason and the regular season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
13 for 51 and a TD is much better than what Pollard did. Zeke makes no gains into a few yards. He makes negative plays into neutral. Those don't show up on the final sheet if you just look at the numbers. Zeke knows how to find the holes. Pollard still does not. The separation of RBs is which ones can get yards when nothing is there. If you are telling me Pollard needs gaping holes to get his yards, he will wash up quick.

But I and others tried telling others there is a huge difference in playing against backups playing half speed in vanilla schemes in the preseason and the regular season.

Common sense will only get you blown up by the Pollard is the next great rb faction.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I agree, however would not make too harsh of a judgement on 1st game of the season. Given 4 carries in the 1st half and 9 in the 4th when starters were starting to sit and NY playing purely run as Dallas was just running clock.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

Pollard got the majority of his carries as vanilla carries up the gut with Zack Martin out the game in garbage time. If Pollard got the carries Zeke got in the flow of the game he would have had a better day.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard got the majority of his carries as vanilla carries up the gut with Zack Martin out the game in garbage time. If Pollard got the carries Zeke got in the flow of the game he would have had a better day.

1. Zach was terrible. One of the worst games of his career.

2. There are no "garbage carries" when you are an NFL back-up rb. Its called your opportunity.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Questioning someone's reading comprehension isn't an insult? The emojis aren't exactly making a great case for pollard.
I asked you a question. A serious question. Hell, he reminds me of Kamara too. But point is Kamara was nothing to start as well. Give the guy a few weeks. If by mid season we still see 13 carries 26 yards then ok Atlantacowboy is right

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
1. Zach was terrible. One of the worst games of his career.

2. There are no "garbage carries" when you are an NFL back-up rb. Its called your opportunity.

The whole premise of the thread was that Pollard would have not fared well as the starter. In such a scenario he wouldn't have been considered the backup.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I asked you a question. A serious question. Hell, he reminds me of Kamara too. But point is Kamara was nothing to start as well. Give the guy a few weeks. If by mid season we still see 13 carries 26 yards then ok Atlantacowboy is right

Again, i'm not advocating cutting him. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. He wasn't good sunday.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole premise of the thread was that Pollard would have not fared well as the starter. In such a scenario he wouldn't have been considered the backup.

So, we should ignore the opportunity he did get b/c he may have done better had he been considered the starter? ok...........

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right?! I've perused through many a fan's forums, but nowhere besides Cowboy fans are so many people carrying around a 5 gallon pail of water anxious to put out any spark of optimism.

Well, this is your big opportunity to tell us where to find optimism in Pollard's performance............and FYI, most other team fan boards suck bc they don't have enough fans to carry on a conversation.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least Dak had a great game, thus supporting everyone with great hopes for him. But Pollard? The people pumping him have got nothing but a few preseason flashes. I'm just laughing about it b/c the conclusions some folks draw from training camp performances are just silly. Its like the Rico crowd.

There's a MOB here that has one goal to promote and sell Dak Prescott at the expense of even the Star.
When Zeke held out this put a wrench in the 30+million contract (Still outstanding) plans for there employer (Dak) and they started to promote Pollard as Zeke's replacement.
Beware there selling bad goods out there so always check the warranty......

P.S. Still very early to judge Pollard.