Tap the breaks on Pollard

davidariust24

Reaction score
You cant expect Pollard to pull a rabbit out of a hat. First it was obvious the giants were focused on the run. Second, running backs have to get into a rhythm Zeke and Pollard were coming in and out of the game. Third most of the carries Pollard had were at the end of the game when everyone knew we were running the ball. Pollard was never involved in the passing game as a receiver or used as a kick returner. Everyone knows he can he just wasn't and that's okay because we have a ton of talent.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of Dak, didn't you have an Anti-Dak image in your signature until after game 1?

How did you like that perfect QB rating?

Only 1 of 3 QBs with 30 or more attempts and a perfect QB rating in the past 20 years...

@PAPPYDOG

Crickets.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still early wanna give the kid a chance but some here(Mostly the Dak-Mob) proclaimed him to be the 2nd Kamara and NP to replace Zeke.
Ya selling Crazy once again reached peak levels here with Pollard.....

At least Dak had a great game, thus supporting everyone with great hopes for him. But Pollard? The people pumping him have got nothing but a few preseason flashes. I'm just laughing about it b/c the conclusions some folks draw from training camp performances are just silly. Its like the Rico crowd.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sample size here is exaggerated. 9 carries in the 4th after we had done all our scoring and weren't that interested in getting more. His value is in his speed, running and receiving, from a wide open offense looking to score, not a team looking to close out a game against a stacked defense looking to stop the run.

He wasn't any more effective earlier in the game, but that was only 4 carries, so not quite so definitive as the 13 carries makes out.

It may be right to tap the breaks on him as a TB. And with Zeke signed, his purpose is back to being another complementary run/receiving threat like Cobb and Austin. With Cobb looking pretty good, and Austin having delivered per touch last year, there really isn't a rush for Pollard to deliver anyway.

Ok. I get 9 carries were in garbage time.........but its not garbage time for HIM. Thats his time to shine in an actual NFL game. I'm just poking fun at all the folks who thought we would be fine without Zeke b/c we had this kid.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He rarely was put in space to use his speed. Zeke also did zip too. 2 STRAIGHT games Zeke has been shut down. We should tap the breaks on him.

Zeke had the same number of carries and more than double the yards.

Zeke has a 3 year body of work in NFL games......a few pro bowls...... So, yeah, kinda different.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ok. I get 9 carries were in garbage time.........but its not garbage time for HIM. Thats his time to shine in an actual NFL game. I'm just poking fun at all the folks who thought we would be fine without Zeke b/c we had this kid.

This is the No Fun League! Goodell, ban this man from this site!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You cant expect Pollard to pull a rabbit out of a hat. First it was obvious the giants were focused on the run. Second, running backs have to get into a rhythm Zeke and Pollard were coming in and out of the game. Third most of the carries Pollard had were at the end of the game when everyone knew we were running the ball. Pollard was never involved in the passing game as a receiver or used as a kick returner. Everyone knows he can he just wasn't and that's okay because we have a ton of talent.

Agreed, but 24 yards on 13 carries , garbage time or not...... isn't good. And its not like the 4 carries he had in prime time looked any better. Garbage time is "opportunity time" for back-ups to show their stuff. Pollard had a big fail in his first game.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

I don't think this game disproves that. The main reason I thought we could be fine with Pollard was because I didn't expect the team to be as reliant on the run in Kellan's new offense, and that was demonstrated Sunday. People were looking at Pollard and saying he couldn't do what Zeke could do, but I was looking at it as he won't have to with Kellan's offense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think this game disproves that. The main reason I thought we could be fine with Pollard was because I didn't expect the team to be as reliant on the run in Kellan's new offense, and that was demonstrated Sunday.

Ok. So, we would be fine with Pollard in the sense that we wouldn't have to use him much. Got it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Agreed, but 24 yards on 13 carries , garbage time or not...... isn't good. And its not like the 4 carries he had in prime time looked any better. Garbage time is "opportunity time" for back-ups to show their stuff. Pollard had a big fail in his first game.

When NY knows Dallas is not going to throw and will run it to eat the clock not many RB will do much. I have yet to see anyone claiming him as a HOF RB, he is rookie for god sake. He came in had some good blocks in the game, couple good runs called back and garbage time carries. Your making an issue of this? What winning was not good enough and needed to whine about something? I swear some are not happy unless they have something to complain about.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude brought up kamara after pollard played one game. If kamara was judged off his first game.........get the point? :facepalm::facepalm: You get two smfh

He said Kamara b/c folks were comparing Pollard to him in the preseason in the sense they were both mid round picks destined for stardom......well, one of them is a star anyway.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Kamara didn’t have a good game until week 6 of his rookie year. 10 carries 75 yards. Can we give pollard atleast that much time? Damn

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He said Kamara b/c folks were comparing Pollard to him in the preseason in the sense they were both mid round picks destined for stardom......well, one of them is a star anyway.
What is wrong with your reading comprehension? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:You get three now. Damn