Tattoos!

aria

Reaction score
Man, I was dreading the healing process but he put some medical tape on it that I took off after 5 days (last night). No scabbing. Skin is already washing off. Very little itching.
5 days? Wow. I really don’t know what to believe, I’ve had different well respected artists tell me complete opposites of how to let it heal. They all seem to work fine.

I will say this. Traditional tattoos ooze a lot more blood and plasma than black and grey. It has to do with the machines they use. The guy who did my black and grey said to keep it covered for a few hours, keept it clean, yadda yadda yadda. When I took the celophane off, it was almost completely dry. After I got the outline done on my arm of the trafitional tattoo, I had to change the celophane a few times within 12 hours, it was straight up nasty. I even wore long sleeves over it at the airport to help possibly prevent infection and because it was just foul looking.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
5 days? Wow. I really don’t know what to believe, I’ve had different well respected artists tell me complete opposites of how to let it heal. They all seem to work fine.

I will say this. Traditional tattoos ooze a lot more blood and plasma than black and grey. It has to do with the machines they use. The guy who did my black and grey said to keep it covered for a few hours, keept it clean, yadda yadda yadda. When I took the celophane off, it was almost completely dry. After I got the outline done on my arm of the trafitional tattoo, I had to change the celophane a few times within 12 hours, it was straight up nasty. I even wore long sleeves over it at the airport to help possibly prevent infection and because it was just foul looking.
Yeah. It’s Dermalize. He also uses Saniderm. Was reading the reviews and people were raving about it. I was skeptical about keeping a wrap on for so long because everything I had read mentioned a couple hours to one day. I am glad I didn’t rip it off early.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yeah. It’s Dermalize. He also uses Saniderm. Was reading the reviews and people were raving about it. I was skeptical about keeping a wrap on for so long because everything I had read mentioned a couple hours to one day. I am glad I didn’t rip it off early.
I've always just let mine air heal. But then, I've never had an infection, so if you're prone to them, it's probably a bad idea.

aria

Reaction score
Since I’m bored, I recently got ankther traditional tattoo on the front of my right calf/lower leg. I love it and it somewhat balances out my black work on my left calf. Now I have a new dilemma. I kinda, sorta know what I want on the rest of my right calf (I still have the entire right side and back of calf) but I don’t know where to start.

It sucks, lol. I’ve always wanted something somewhat sinister/paranormal/evil. So I can either go with a movie character which is my last option but there are a few great artists that specialize in photo realistic horror style tattoos or I can fo with something more personalized and hand drawn. The problem with hand drawn is I’m so picky about my artists, it’s hard enough to find one I like enough to do it and have that same artist who can draw that well and come up with something I would like is slim to none. I keep searching but it’s not looking good.

On a side note, here’s a few of the best.

Looks like movie characters only

https://www.instagram.com/paulackertattoo/?hl=en

An original and well respected but not my thing

https://www.instagram.com/paulbooth/?hl=en

Already posted link but another OG for the style but primarily movie characters/people

https://www.instagram.com/nikkohurtado/?hl=en

This is a front runner that either Acker or Hurtado would excel at. I love it, evil innocence haha, and not an easily recognizable movie character. I’m just not sure how well it would turn out without altering it too much. There’s obviously a lot of white in the face and on the dress. I have some white ink on my tattoos now and I’m not a huge fan, especially that much white.

It sucks knowing what you want but don’t even know where to start :(

kf9uqGN_d.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since I’m bored, I recently got ankther traditional tattoo on the front of my right calf/lower leg. I love it and it somewhat balances out my black work on my left calf. Now I have a new dilemma. I kinda, sorta know what I want on the rest of my right calf (I still have the entire right side and back of calf) but I don’t know where to start.

It sucks, lol. I’ve always wanted something somewhat sinister/paranormal/evil. So I can either go with a movie character which is my last option but there are a few great artists that specialize in photo realistic horror style tattoos or I can fo with something more personalized and hand drawn. The problem with hand drawn is I’m so picky about my artists, it’s hard enough to find one I like enough to do it and have that same artist who can draw that well and come up with something I would like is slim to none. I keep searching but it’s not looking good.

On a side note, here’s a few of the best.

Looks like movie characters only

https://www.instagram.com/paulackertattoo/?hl=en

An original and well respected but not my thing

https://www.instagram.com/paulbooth/?hl=en

Already posted link but another OG for the style but primarily movie characters/people

https://www.instagram.com/nikkohurtado/?hl=en

This is a front runner that either Acker or Hurtado would excel at. I love it, evil innocence haha, and not an easily recognizable movie character. I’m just not sure how well it would turn out without altering it too much. There’s obviously a lot of white in the face and on the dress. I have some white ink on my tattoos now and I’m not a huge fan, especially that much white.

It sucks knowing what you want but don’t even know where to start :(

kf9uqGN_d.jpg
You don't need to put white in it unless you're dark skinned.

aria

Reaction score
I've always just let mine air heal. But then, I've never had an infection, so if you're prone to them, it's probably a bad idea.
I had an infection once. The artist warned me about it because he outlined my entire arm. It’s obviously more prone to infection due to the amount of surface area. I took all the necessary precautions but sometimes it happens.

I noticed a red bump forming in th ditch of my arm. It didn’t take long for it to get bigger so I went to the doc and got some antibiotics, knocked it out in a day or two with no damage done to the ink.

aria

Reaction score
You don't need to put white in it unless you're dark skinned.
I know but I think the lack of contrast between my skin tone and blood won’t make it pop as much and therefore lose its appeal (to me).

I did think about going back to the guy who did my black and grey sleeve but...I dunno if he would be best for it plus I have another project for him and I like collecting tattoos from different artists.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Second tattoo. 2 part work. The first part here is the praying hands on my shoulder and the first verse of the Lord's prayer on my chest.

og81rj6.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Part 2 of the second tattoo was tying it all together with some tribal work.

6Y3IDw2.jpg

biAmpjm.jpg

aria

Reaction score
Part 2 of the second tattoo was tying it all together with some tribal work.

6Y3IDw2.jpg

biAmpjm.jpg
I know it’s hard to capture how good a tattoo “can” look. That last one is great. Hands are so easy to screw up, I think you’ve seen the ones I have in this thread. As good as the dude is, I was nervous. Even of if the shading and line work look good, it’s so easy to screw up the proportions. I dig yours, nice work.

Edit: Ha, I just looked back at mine and the picture of the hands are atrocious, they’re much better than that, I’ll try to post a better one sometime soon.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I know it’s hard to capture how good a tattoo “can” look. That last one is great. Hands are so easy to screw up, I think you’ve seen the ones I have in this thread. As good as the dude is, I was nervous. Even of if the shading and line work look good, it’s so easy to screw up the proportions. I dig yours, nice work.

Edit: Ha, I just looked back at mine and the picture of the hands are atrocious, they’re much better than that, I’ll try to post a better one sometime soon.
Thanks!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the design I did for my nephew
YWAD5xql.jpg

He went with black and grey, rather than color, and this is how it looked while the blood was still at the surface.....I love it like this!
kBZlgGql.jpg

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I don’t know how to post a photo on here. I have a black and grey skull on my left upper arm. Would love to get several more but the price is holding me back. Would like a grim reaper on my right upper arm a wolf paw print on my right forearm wouldn’t mind a dark pin up somewhere.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know how to post a photo on here. I have a black and grey skull on my left upper arm. Would love to get several more but the price is holding me back. Would like a grim reaper on my right upper arm a wolf paw print on my right forearm wouldn’t mind a dark pin up somewhere.
Yeah, when you have other priorities for your money, it's hard to justify getting more ink.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, when you have other priorities for your money, it's hard to justify getting more ink.
Money has slowed me down a bit as well, dude who did one of my sleeves was in Philly and it took 4 trips. The first two my wife and I made an extended vacation of, the last two I went solo, flew in the day before and flew out the day after. Hotels, flights, rental cars, uber, meals, etc pile up.

IMOF, I’ve pretty much had to travel for almost every tattoo I have but I have no regrets except my first one which was done over 20 years ago at a bad shop and it shows. Unfortunately it’s on the upper third of my left arm and screws up the rest of the sleeve but at least with short sleeves it’s mostly covered up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Money has slowed me down a bit as well, dude who did one of my sleeves was in Philly and it took 4 trips. The first two my wife and I made an extended vacation of, the last two I went solo, flew in the day before and flew out the day after. Hotels, flights, rental cars, uber, meals, etc pile up.

IMOF, I’ve pretty much had to travel for almost every tattoo I have but I have no regrets except my first one which was done over 20 years ago at a bad shop and it shows. Unfortunately it’s on the upper third of my left arm and screws up the rest of the sleeve but at least with short sleeves it’s mostly covered up.
Yeah, I imagine if your first tat sucks, you'll spare no expense to have the rest done by someone you trust.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine if your first tat sucks, you'll spare no expense to have the rest done by someone you trust.
First two actually. My very first one was CFH (it’s a Pantera thing) but it was so horribly done and already faded that I had it officially removed so I could have one full sleeve without any cover ups getting in the way of the design. I still plan on getting another, I was bummed, but the next one will be proper.

As much as I want to, the monstrosity on my other arm is just too big for me to hassle with having it removed.