Tattoos!

aria

Reaction score
I can't seem to get any decent pictures of my actual tattoos, but this is a black and grey version of my forearm tattoo. I wanted to have a family crest to reflect my particular branch of the family, so I turned the helmet more forward, and added the banner at the bottom, with our family motto. My oldest brother has it, as do 4 nephews, and I designed more feminine versions for one niece and one sister.
liwkMuAl.jpg
That’s bad azz! Family crests are always cool but especially the fact that so many people in your family rock the same tattoo, it’s a special bond. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the history behind it?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s bad azz! Family crests are always cool but especially the fact that so many people in your family rock the same tattoo, it’s a special bond. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the history behind it?
Thanks brother! It's basically the family crest from the Irish side, which is where our last name comes from, but the reason I added the banner at the bottom is from an incident at a party, where someone tried to interfere with the way my brother raises his kids. He made it very clear that nobody wants to do that.

After it was over, my other brother (who normally isn't very funny) says, "Don't **** with the family!" That became the motto of our branch of the family. Both my brothers always swore they'd never get a tattoo, but when I showed them that design, they both immediately said, "Oh I'll get that one!" ....at 54 and 52 years old, respectively. :)

We have a very tight family, so my sister, nephews, and one niece all wanted it too, though the women wanted something more feminine.

Your chest piece is awesome, by the way! I'd love to get more ink than I have, but I need to prioritize my spending. I do want to design an American flag to take up most of my right arm, and I'm toying with the idea of having it envelop the four national flags of my ancestry.

aria

Reaction score
my double black ink on my back still pops out, Aria, 14 years later. The five inch initials i have as well as "sacrifice" below it. "sacrifice" spans the whole space of my mid back,, from rib cage to rib cage

your ink will last a lifetime. just superb art there, my brother

can't wait till you see what i did to my calf lol i was high on meth and did it upside down (leg crossed over my lap) with my friend's gun back in 2010. have also burned off tats i did on my right forearm. still, i have a bunch of ink on me
I’ve seen the few you posted here and have some familiarity with some of your work. I love the stories behind your work (other then the meth part) most of them seem to carry a lot of meaning.

That’s part of what I love about tattoos and art in general. Some have personal meaning yet some are just pieces of art (ie my calf tattoo) and some are both. My calf is nothing but a piece of art by an artist I admire. The chest eagle is obviously a traditional piece and has a Dimebag Darell quote that he autographed for me. The sleeve is American history because I was a history major. I have another 3/4ths sleeve that is all related to time. I have a couple other personal ones that I would be more than happy to share with most of you but there’s a few dbags on this site that I could see talking trash about them and that wouldn’t be good :mad:

aria

Reaction score
Thanks brother! It's basically the family crest from the Irish side, which is where our last name comes from, but the reason I added the banner at the bottom is from an incident at a party, where someone tried to interfere with the way my brother raises his kids. He made it very clear that nobody wants to do that.

After it was over, my other brother (who normally isn't very funny) says, "Don't **** with the family!" That became the motto of our branch of the family. Both my brothers always swore they'd never get a tattoo, but when I showed them that design, they both immediately said, "Oh I'll get that one!" ....at 54 and 52 years old, respectively. :)

We have a very tight family, so my sister, nephews, and one niece all wanted it too, though the women wanted something more feminine.

Your chest piece is awesome, by the way! I'd love to get more ink than I have, but I need to prioritize my spending. I do want to design an American flag to take up most of my right arm, and I'm toying with the idea of having it envelop the four national flags of my ancestry.
Hahahaha...that’s one of the best stories I’ve heard yet! Not every tattoo has to have meaning, like some of mine, but I envy tattoos with stories behind them like yours. That’s so f’in awesome that you have that common “bond” with your brothers and you also helped create it. Obviously you guys will most likely have it for life but cherish it every day. Instead of sharing tattoos with people I love, I unfortunately have tattoos for people I love(d) that I would kill for to be able to share with.

Didn’t mean to get all sappy but it’s true. No matter what happens or where you guys/gals afe you will always have that special connection, very cool.

rags747

Reaction score
You're insane. That calf tattoo is gorgeous.
Yeah probably! What I should have said is that I much prefer the sleeve as I myself find it much more interesting. Should not have said that I did not like the calf art, the arm just grabs me immediately. Love this thread btw, have always found tattoos very interesting/intriging...just don't have any myself.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hahahaha...that’s one of the best stories I’ve heard yet! Not every tattoo has to have meaning, like some of mine, but I envy tattoos with stories behind them like yours. That’s so f’in awesome that you have that common “bond” with your brothers and you also helped create it. Obviously you guys will most likely have it for life but cherish it every day. Instead of sharing tattoos with people I love, I unfortunately have tattoos for people I love(d) that I would kill for to be able to share with.

Didn’t mean to get all sappy but it’s true. No matter what happens or where you guys/gals afe you will always have that special connection, very cool.
I'm glad you enjoy the story! We grew up dirt poor, and maybe that has something to do with how close we are. I wouldn't trade it for any amount of money.

If you can't get sappy over tattoos, what can you get sappy over??? It's not too late to honor those who are still around, brother. ;)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've been wanting a new tattoo. Want to get into shape a bit first though. And then I kind of want to work on a half sleeve thing. I want it Batman themed. :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Trying a new forum :) Sorry if there is already a similar thread, I did a quick scan and didn't see one but I imagine there's one out there somewhere, please post link if there is.

I love tattoos, good ones, bad ones, patriotic, evil, black and gray, traditional, you name it. Many tattoos are personal so I would hope no one makes any negative comments unless the OP says somethimg themselves (I have some "badass" ****ty vintage 90's tribal) but I'd love to see what you guys/gals have and if there are any stories behind them you're willing to share. I'd also like to know what styles you like, favorite artists with links provided if possible, etc. Whatever is tattoo related I'd love to hear and see about them.
I've always wanted one but a certain long standing relationship kept me from doing so. Well... I now feel free to do whatever the **** I want and will be getting my first tattoo in the next few weeks. It'll be some relation to an infinity symbol on my rear shoulder blade with the birth dates of both my my lovely children woven into it along with the word family and some dog paws to signify my adoration for man's best friend. The artist is drawing something up this week. I can't freaking wait!

aria

Reaction score
I've always wanted one but a certain long standing relationship kept me from doing so. Well... I now feel free to do whatever the **** I want and will be getting my first tattoo in the next few weeks. It'll be some relation to an infinity symbol on my rear shoulder blade with the birth dates of both my my lovely children woven into it along with the word family and some dog paws to signify my adoration for man's best friend. The artist is drawing something up this week. I can't freaking wait!
I’d love to see it when you’re done! Sounds sentimental and I really like the dog paws idea. I still have the dog tag, blue and in the shape of a bone, of my first dog. I’ve been wanting to get that tattooed somewhere. It’s nothing fancy or big but it will have a lot of meaning to me. Unfortunately I’ll eventually end up getting the same thing tattooed for the mut I’m staring at right now.

First one, huh? I look forward to seeing your second one in about 6 months or so :D On the business card of the guy who gave me my first tattoo it said “welcome to your new addiction”. He wasn’t lying.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I've wanted a tattoo for a very long time. My mind just can't visualize what or where to place it in order to commit to actually getting one. I have thought about the possibility of a tattoo that reads Nicolas when viewed one way and Olivia when viewed another and maybe put that on my forearm, but not even sure if that is possible.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm gonna add a Dallas Cowboys star in 2019 if we win. I need to add an LA Kings logo (best logo in hockey, but I'm biased), as well as a Halos tattoo. Lots of canvas left on my body. Lately I've been burning tattoos off, not adding. Maybe not a ringing endorsement for tattoos ;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm gonna add a Dallas Cowboys star in 2019 if we win. I need to add an LA Kings logo (best logo in hockey, but I'm biased), as well as a Halos tattoo. Lots of canvas left on my body. Lately I've been burning tattoos off, not adding. Maybe not a ringing endorsement for tattoos ;)
Lol!

aria

Reaction score
I don’t think the pictures really do it justice, the lighting sucks and I had to hold my arm at some wonky angles.

It’s a 3/4’s sleeve with time as the main theme. Unfortunately I have some horrendous vintage 90’s tribal on the upper part of my arm that got in the way.

Inside of forearm
BPzcV8R_d.jpg

Note part of the 90’s tribal. Ugh.
hY61T9U_d.jpg

Inside of arm above elbow
Q3nxogN_d.jpg

Outer forearm
rSQeRLc_d.jpg

Side forearm
QJmx9hS_d.jpg

A better look of outside of arm.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think the pictures really do it justice, the lighting sucks and I had to hold my arm at some wonky angles.

It’s a 3/4’s sleeve with time as the main theme. Unfortunately I have some horrendous vintage 90’s tribal on the upper part of my arm that got in the way.

Inside of forearm
BPzcV8R_d.jpg

Note part of the 90’s tribal. Ugh.
hY61T9U_d.jpg

Inside of arm above elbow
Q3nxogN_d.jpg

Outer forearm
rSQeRLc_d.jpg

Side forearm
QJmx9hS_d.jpg

A better look of outside of arm.
Awesome work! The photorealism is evident, even in b/g.

aria

Reaction score
Awesome work! The photorealism is evident, even in b/g.
Thanks! The guy is crazy good, obviously the pictures on his instagram look even better because they’re fresh but he’s one of my favorite artists to follow. You can just scroll through all his work, it’s insane. I randomly found him just by googling and googling. He’s not that well known yet but has quickly gained a great reputation, I truly think he’s top 5 or 10 in the country for black and grey photorealism. Humble guy, fair prices and a Cowboys fan! Look at this insanity, so smooth!

https://www.instagram.com/david_vega83/

If I had the money, he’s one of the few I’d get a full back piece from.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks! The guy is crazy good, obviously the pictures on his instagram look even better because they’re fresh but he’s one of my favorite artists to follow. You can just scroll through all his work, it’s insane. I randomly found him just by googling and googling. He’s not that well known yet but has quickly gained a great reputation, I truly think he’s top 5 or 10 in the country for black and grey photorealism. Humble guy, fair prices and a Cowboys fan! Look at this insanity, so smooth!

https://www.instagram.com/david_vega83/

If I had the money, he’s one of the few I’d get a full back piece from.
Wow, the dude's phenomenal! He gets more photorealism from his needles than I get from my airbrush!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm not big on tattoos, but I always though I would get at least one, but it has to be something that really means something to me to keep permanently.

A lot of things mean a lot to me now,. but later they may not and therefore are not worth a permanent place on myself.

For instances, names would never be an option. May love you today, but get the bleep out tomorrow! (that can include family members too haha)

Many other things are just arbitrary and have no business being a part of me. I've been a huge Cowboys fan in the past, but I really don't care about them all that much anymore. Especially when the NFL shows they are a corrupt POS in their dealing and stances on things along with the treatment of their past players who are the real people who lined their pockets in the first place.

If I were in the military and served during war time. I likely would do something like that. That didn't happen though.

Yeah, while I will keep looking for the right piece of art. I'm content if it never happens.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not big on tattoos, but I always though I would get at least one, but it has to be something that really means something to me to keep permanently.

A lot of things mean a lot to me now,. but later they may not and therefore are not worth a permanent place on myself.

For instances, names would never be an option. May love you today, but get the bleep out tomorrow! (that can include family members too haha)

Many other things are just arbitrary and have no business being a part of me. I've been a huge Cowboys fan in the past, but I really don't care about them all that much anymore. Especially when the NFL shows they are a corrupt POS in their dealing and stances on things along with the treatment of their past players who are the real people who lined their pockets in the first place.

If I were in the military and served during war time. I likely would do something like that. That didn't happen though.

Yeah, while I will keep looking for the right piece of art. I'm content if it never happens.
What, no Harley Davidson tattoo? Lol

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've always wanted one but a certain long standing relationship kept me from doing so. Well... I now feel free to do whatever the **** I want and will be getting my first tattoo in the next few weeks. It'll be some relation to an infinity symbol on my rear. I can't freaking wait!

I feel like the media by quoting only a snippet of your post. Making it it read completely out of context. :muttley: