Tavon Austin is Ridiculous

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He’s better than Fisher.
You may think Garrett is better than Fisher, but you don’t have any thing to back up your opinion! I think Fisher was a very average coach, but he was better than Garrett. Check out Fisher’s playoff record compared to Mr. Mediocrity(Garrett).

Number1

Reaction score
I know ever STs coach thanks he can fix his players, won't work. besides, it's honestly a waste of talent to play Travon as a return man

when the front office starts making projections of 25 snaps and 10 touches a game - I'd venture to say maybe a third will be with Zeke on the field (that's how you freeze LBs and Ss and destroy any notion of blitzing, In the simplest terms you can't cover Zeke or Austin with any LB and few Ss. Want to spy Dak with Austin and Zeke as outlets?

Speed. It is simply the easiest way to make a D pay for a mistake, which is what this O is supposed to do.

TIP - Deep Speed (DS) is calculated by subtracting a players 10y split from their 40 time
how fast is he over the last 30y?

combine numbers:

Tavon Austin 2.79
DJ Clark 2.83
Michael Gallup 2.91
Calvin Ridley 2.88
DJ Moore 2.88

Gallup had a terrible 40 time of 4.51, he has real 4.4 speed (like Moore and Ridley).. IMO, Gallup in round 3 is a steal, he runs best patterns of all those guys, plus good hands

Hurns is a great route runner and has solid hands, slow by the standards above, 4.5 (but faster than Dez or Williams)... knows how to play.

BTW, Austin is one of the fastest ball carriers ever, It's not just 4.3 speed, He's not slowed much with the ball in his hands.and has serious balance. The Ram's wildly wasted what could be done with the talent.

Dre11

Reaction score
You may think Garrett is better than Fisher, but you don’t have any thing to back up your opinion! I think Fisher was a very average coach, but he was better than Garrett. Check out Fisher’s playoff record compared to Mr. Mediocrity(Garrett).

Of course you do...lol Mr. Fisher lived off a very week division...lol

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Speed. It is simply the easiest way to make a D pay for a mistake, which is what this O is supposed to do.

I have significant hopes for Tavon. Will he disappoint, I don't know. One thing is for sure though, we have added speed to this team the last couple of years (both sides of the ball).

To your point, we should have plenty of options to keep defenses "threatened" and make them pay dearly for mistakes. That change alone is enough for me to be more excited for the coming season.

BTW I watched a video on last night about ten fastest Cowboys for 2018 (can't remember what site). Tavon was the hands down vote by players. Especially up to 60 yards. Said there were a couple players who might could hang with him at 100.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Of course you do...lol Mr. Fisher lived off a very week division...lol
That’s all you got. Weak division or not, Fisher’s Titan team almost beat the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl. Has Mr. Mediocrity/Garrett even won a Divisional round playoff game. And again, I don’t think Fisher was a good HC, but he has been better than Mr. Mediocrity/Garrett.

Dre11

Reaction score
Fisher was also 1 yard away from winning a Super Bowl. Garrett hasn’t come close to matching that accomplishment yet.

Did he win? Who remembers 2nd place? And what did he do the next 16....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
That’s all you got. Weak division or not, Fisher’s Titan team almost beat the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl. Has Mr. Mediocrity/Garrett even won a Divisional round playoff game. And again, I don’t think Fisher was a good HC, but he has been better than Mr. Mediocrity/Garrett.

Almost beat? Who remembers or gives awards for 2nd place in 1999?....lol

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying Fisher was a great coach, but it can be argued that he was a better HC than JG. In Fisher's first 8 years he also had three 8-8 seasons and made the playoffs twice, but he did at least take his team to a Superbowl, which is more than Red has done. Fisher fielded some competitive teams, but couldn't get the job done. Right now that's about where JG is until he proves otherwise. I just hope it doesn't take 16 years to find out.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying Fisher was a great coach, but it can be argued that he was a better HC than JG. In Fisher's first 8 years he also had three 8-8 seasons and made the playoffs twice, but he did at least take his team to a Superbowl, which is more than Red has done. Fisher fielded some competitive teams, but couldn't get the job done. Right now that's about where JG is until he proves otherwise. I just hope it doesn't take 16 years to find out.

He won nothing. End of story.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, I think that’s why most of us want him gone. So it doesn’t get anywhere close to 22 of continued failure.

That’s kind of the reason many of us want him gone........

So as of yet Garrett isn’t as bad as Fisher.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Are you serious? Of course the team that wins the Super Bowl is remembered much more than the loser, but the loser of the Super Bowl is remembered 100 times more than the teams that don’t make the Super Bowl, especially if the loser barely losses the Superbowl like Fisher’s Titans. Garrett has never came close to making a Super Bowl. He consistently gets out coached vs playoff caliber teams.