Taylor says Zeke at 4

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yeah, lets take a guy at a position where top production past the age of 27 is an outlier.

If we're not going to take a QB just take Billings who is just turning 21 this month. He could play 14 years and *potentially* be a multi All-Pro.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
JJT suggesting the Cowboys take Elliott at 4. Thank god he's not the GM he berates all the time. Even Jerry knows he can trade back and get him plus picks.

Agreed. The Rams hit on gurley and now it's like we're Back In the Cadillac Williams / Ronnie brown / ced benson days .

I'll trade back and risk losing Elliot if it means I'll still get one of buckner, goff, wentz, jack, Ramsey, bosa, or shaq

reddyuta

Reaction score
The giants are going to make moves. They will be our main competition this season. They'll get elliot and sign sanu at wr or get treadwell and a good rb in the draft. I'm betting they resign jpp and they get weddle also.

We should sign JPp.he is still the best DE in the east and 3 finger Paul won't cost as much.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, lets take a guy at a position where top production past the age of 27 is an outlier.

If we're not going to take a QB just take Billings who is just turning 21 this month. He could play 14 years and *potentially* be a multi All-Pro.

First question, is most effect on a defensive line, coming from the outside or inside? It takes a complete effort, no argument...but which position is a true priority? Not just strong need.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We should sign JPp.he is still the best DE in the east and 3 finger Paul won't cost as much.

Yea, but he can still handle bacon bits...and will probably get even better with time to adjust.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So he's not a good enough player for us to take, despite it being a position of need, yet if the giants get him he will become this great player? I don't get the logic.

:clap:
To elaborate further:

The Giants offensive line plus Odell Beckham Jr. plus Eli Manning with Ezekiel Elliott are to be greater feared than the Cowboys offensive line plus Dez Bryant, plus Tony Romo and Ezekiel Elliott?

gmoney112

Reaction score
First question, is most effect on a defensive line, coming from the outside or inside? It takes a complete effort, no argument...but which position is a true priority? Not just strong need.

I think he's going to be the BPA and a combination of Billings, Crawford, and Lawrence is a great young core to build around. If Gregory can get his stuff together, that's a line that can compete with the Bengals, Panthers, Broncos etc.

DE may be more of a need and Jack is interesting, but even Kuechly has a top 15 pick and a high 2nd rounder at DT in front of him, and a talented pass rusher at end.

I think Billings is one of the best players in this draft and he's only 20. He's like the DT version of Tyron.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Trading back is not some gimmie.

Look at the debates around here.

Nobody is certain about the talent. So what makes you think someone wants to trade up?

I can't recall a draft where you couldn't even pick our three to five blue chippers by this point. Everybody has legitimate holes.

I can see someone falling in love with Ramsey, so a team like Tampa or Miami might be interested in our 4th pick. Ramsey would be a hometown pick, so it should be a popular pick with either of their fan base imo.

I can see someone moving up for Bosa also....

Zeke at 4 would annoy me I think (initially anyway). Zeke at around the 8th or 9th pick with another top ten pick in the 2nd would thrill me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see someone falling in love with Ramsey, so a team like Tampa or Miami might be interested in our 4th pick. Ramsey would be a hometown pick, so it should be a popular pick with either of their fan base imo.

I can see someone moving up for Bosa also....

Zeke at 4 would annoy me I think (initially anyway). Zeke at around the 8th or 9th pick with another top ten pick in the 2nd would thrill me.

Brother. Take a look at this picture....

mmqb-wentz-carson-combine.jpg

Notice the Proverbs scripture peeking out of his right sleeve.

Carson Wentz has never gotten a tattoo.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think the Giants will take a RB in the 1st round. I mean, they could but I don't think they will. They need help big time on the defensive side of the ball. They also need WRs and there aren't many that are 1st round worthy at this point.

The Giants, in the last 20 years, have drafted two RBs in the 1st round. Ron Dayne in 2000 and David Wilson in 2012. How did either of those guys work out? They just took Andre Williams last year and they signed Rashad Jennings and Shane Vereen. I don't think they will go RB in the 1st. JMO

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The dumbest reporter in the DMN area comes up with the dumbest draft strategy that can be dreamed up. Go figure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'll just say this. Ezekiel Elliott will be far more impactful on the field than Jalen Ramsey. It won't even be close.

I don't know why so many would be opposed to the pick. I guess it's because of where some draft pundits rate him, but I've seen him in the top five on some boards.

Frankly, I think there are less questions about Elliott than anyone else desired with that pick, including the player I want the most, Bosa. If he could have a Gurley-like impact on our offense, there's certainly nothing wrong with the choice.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Brother. Take a look at this picture....

mmqb-wentz-carson-combine.jpg

Notice the Proverbs scripture peeking out of his right sleeve.

Carson Wentz has never gotten a tattoo.

Actually he has and spoke about it and it's inspiration in a recent interview.

Not sure if you're serious.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke may very well end up being the best player out of this draft. The problem with thinking you can trade down and get him is you have to know where he'll go. And after the Cowboys....you don't know who those teams will draft..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know why so many would be opposed to the pick. I guess it's because of where some draft pundits rate him, but I've seen him in the top five on some boards.

Frankly, I think there are less questions about Elliott than anyone else desired with that pick, including the player I want the most, Bosa. If he could have a Gurley-like impact on our offense, there's certainly nothing wrong with the choice.

That's exactly what it is. People don't value running back but for this team and how its assembled Elliot would be a GREAT pick. And if you are talking about WINNING NOW then he's the best pick to make. You have the ones who want quarterback and the ones who want the best defensive player. Neither side realizes that the best player in this draft for the Cowboys will probably be Elliot. This idea that you can just trade down and get him sounds GREAT but show me what team wants to overtrade to get where you are at? Either you trade down to miss out on a impact player to get a 2nd rounder or you trade down a few spots and possibly get a 3rd rounder to do it.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Why?
Elliot by far is the better RB and complete RB.
If we don't take him and the Giants do, it will be a mistake. If not Wentz, then Elliot. Right now CBS has Elliot ranked 12th best. Not a far stretch by any means. Just becuae he is ranked 12th on a website, does not mean he is not worth the 4th pick overall.

I dont agree with by far unless were counting pass blocking. I dont know how well PP does that