Taylor says Zeke at 4

waving monkey

Reaction score
That's exactly what it is. People don't value running back but for this team and how its assembled Elliot would be a GREAT pick. And if you are talking about WINNING NOW then he's the best pick to make. You have the ones who want quarterback and the ones who want the best defensive player. Neither side realizes that the best player in this draft for the Cowboys will probably be Elliot. This idea that you can just trade down and get him sounds GREAT but show me what team wants to overtrade to get where you are at? Either you trade down to miss out on a impact player to get a 2nd rounder or you trade down a few spots and possibly get a 3rd rounder to do it.

if you are talking about WINNING NOW then he's the best pick to make
thats the sum total

waving monkey

Reaction score
Taking bosa over Zeke :/.. Bosa has more bust potential. Zeke would give us the best rushing attack in the league

I disagree Bosa will be solid and a need position with a limited ceiling
thats not me talking but then i have heard the coached love him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Elliott is good but he isn't better than Gurley. He's a better blocker than Gordon but an inferior runner. I like guys whose jump cuts can bounce them from one side of the formation to the other like CJ coming out. Elliot doesn't do that. He also isn't particularly powerful.

He is undoubtedly a first round talent though. He does have good quickness and vision. He can make people miss in the hole. He's above average fast. Moreso he is well trained and will be able to function in the NFL immediately on a technical level.

Between he and Bosa, I am very impressed with OSU's player preparation for the NFL. They look the part.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will peel the skin off of my face if we take a RB at the #4. Then fly to Dallas and punch each and every one of you who suggested it in the face with all of my strength and a roll of pennies in my fist. You've been warned.

Now, a trade back scenario I could live with. But I still want the QB, and then defenders. The only other offensive player I'd consider in the top three rounds (barring it being just a ridiculous value) would be a WR who could legitimately take the top off a defense and make it a lot harder for teams to load up on Dez and against the run.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I will peel the skin off of my face if we take a RB at the #4. Then fly to Dallas and punch each and every one of you who suggested it in the face with all of my strength and a roll of pennies in my fist. You've been warned.

Now, a trade back scenario I could live with. But I still want the QB, and then defenders. The only other offensive player I'd consider in the top three rounds (barring it being just a ridiculous value) would be a WR who could legitimately take the top off a defense and make it a lot harder for teams to load up on Dez and against the run.

idgit, your not know for over reaction

gmoney112

Reaction score
0% chance we go rb at 4. Absolutely no chance.

I'll Sig bet anyone on this forum.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd be fine with the pick. I don't care if the rest of the league doesn't take RBs at the top of the draft, or how you should only take QBs or passrushers with a top 5 pick. Our 12 and 4 year was predicated on a top notch run game. We have a great O-line. You don't want to waste that trying to stick projects back there and hope they work out. If Zeke could be our Emmitt, then that would be fantastic.

fishspill

Reaction score
If Goff and Wentz are gone by 4 I'd be fine with Zeke. He plays like preinjury Willis McGahee, and postinjury McGahee was a darn good football player.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Imo Ramsey is the only guy in this draft (besides the OT's) who is head and shoulders above the next guy at his position. If we don't want him at 4, I wouldn't mind trading back for an extra 2 and a 2017 1st. We could then grab Elliot and also take advantage of the deep DT talent in this draft (win now) while having ammo for next year (franchise type QB)

sbark

Reaction score
Ave Lifespan of a NFL running back is 3.11 years...........a RB taken at the 4 spot would get approx. 5 million/year. Neither add up for long term team success.

Give me at least a position that has a 10 year lifespan in the NFL........QB, OLine, D.Line, CB, S, WR..... more likely to have longevity

This was Jimmy Johnson's theory when he worked his way into the top spot hoping to take Rocket Ismail, Ismail went to Canada---Johnson then took Russel Maryland with the thought process of having a quality NFL D.Lineman for 10 years.