TE Campbell to miss a week.

50cent

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
No you don't DK999 rearranged his keyboard not just the keys but in setup and has forgot where some of the letters are on his KB somehow. I bet it sucks when you have to type on a regular KB then go back to the one you fubard...
Are you serious?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
50cent said:
Are you serious?
Yep thats what he said a while back and hes sticking to it. I'm pretty sure its DK999 who did that if my memory serves right its been about 3 months since we had that discussion though.

50cent

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Yep thats what he said a while back and hes sticking to it. I'm pretty sure its DK999 who did that if my memory serves right its been about 3 months since we had that discussion though.
Wow, just wow!

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
50cent said:
Wow, just wow!
I thought he had just taken the keys off and rearranged them but nope he went into setup and changed it and forgot where the letters had been changed to he did say he put the B and P next to each other even though it says BN on the key board so he gets confused and I think he forgot how he did the change and can't or won't change it back to the default setting.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
HOS bull**** alert - I never said he was a Pro Caliber TE,

But a situational TE AT 6-7 290 who did this in college.

Research players abilities before you blindly attack me:)
Why do you insist that disagreeing with you is an attack?

BS huh?

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26871&highlight=canty

Let's take it to it's genesis and see who is lying. I said you went from idea to Pro Bowl caliber in one thread.

Post #1...

Nors said:
Can he be used as a situational TE? He is 6-7 290 and can move.

Did he play any basketball at UVA? Did he ever play TE in college? High School?

He could be our secret weapon at TE!

I believe that would be an "idea."

Post #4 after the first 2 responses ignored the idea.

Nors said:
We shall see! Would be a nice red zone target

Notice how he's already achieved status as a weapon?

A negative response. How do you respond to it? By getting all uppity. Post #6.

Nors said:
I'll speculate all I want on where we may deploy a player.

What happens when players go down? We were trotting scrubs around last year behind Witten. Its called insurance and being ready. It also causes mismatches to a D. See Vrabel at TE success. See Troy Brown at Nickle.

Heck - put Spears in at fullback some too!

Again to my question - anyone know if he has ever played tight end?

Wow a comparison to the model New England. Shocking.

Another negative response to your idea and you go from uppity to upset with all caps yelling to emphasize your "point." Post #11.

Nors said:
BRING SOETHING THAT IS REAL TO THE TABLE

Canty is a feasable SITUATIONAL TE.....

Spears is another guy you might give a few reps on Offense as well. Richard Seymour plays some FB....

Someone throws you a bone that he played "some TE" at UVA and you calm down. The tonic to calm Nors down? Simply agree with him. Post #15.

Nors said:
Thanks for the info - that was the role I saw him in for us. Red Zone and short yardage packages. More to throw off a defense. He was all State Tight End and All State basketball player. I bet he could do it well.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Charlotte (N.C.) Latin School, playing football for coach Larry McNulty...Played tight end and defensive end as a junior and senior...Did not participate in football during his first two years at the school...Named All-State at both tight end and defensive end and All-Conference as a tight end...As a senior he caught 20 receptions for 400 yards...Longest play of his career was a 66-yard touchdown reception on a screen pass...Defensively, he recorded 89 tackles and seven sacks as a senior...For his career, he had 161 tackles, 12 sacks and two fumble recoveries

High School success to NFL and NBA. An amazing leap.

Now you get to diss our current team a bit. Post #17.

Nors said:
To my point we have no depth at TE.

Post #18 shows the transition beginning. Canty has not even caught a pass in the NFL (or college) and all of the sudden because you've hatched this idea he is a "red zone threat."

Nors said:
I agree - he'll focus at DE (Canty). I would not be suprised to see him get some work at TE, either in practice or next year.At 6-7 290 and hands - he's a Red Zone threat!

I'd pay money to watch Al s Try and cover/tackle him!
He'd bounce off him like popcorn.

Moving along. Canty has already developed past an NFL TE on our roster. Post #25.

Nors said:
I actually do like Sean Ryan. But he is what he is. A developmental player. Not a red zone threat. Canty has that dimension due to his size.

Now a confession from you that you go off on tangents. Post #30.

Nors said:
When I get going this could go anywhere.

The thought of an overmatched LB defending 6-7 290 Canty popped up - Als (small s for stringbean) came to mind. Remember Als was listed at 228 in his days as a backup special teamer in Tampa. He only started 1 season there. Burnett is 239 and will grow into a 245 NFL LB Frame (If his hip injury allows it)

Als is a gangly 230 pound undersized and old LB making $2M in cap...

I said you went from idea to fact. That was BS right? Sorry Nors, wrong once again. Post #48 it has already happened. Please see the word in bold.

Nors said:
Spears is our situational FB HBack.

Canty when healthy is our Red Zone situational TE!

Outside the box -

Contention #1 proven. You went form idea to "fact" in one thread. But you're not done.

Lots of responses to get you fired up. I join the fray which always chaps your hide. The "fact" is now practically written in stone. Post #88.

Nors said:
Canty will be a Massive RED ZONE target for Bledsoe if not this year - next year. He was all state TE in High School, Allstate basketball as well. Groh saw the value and used him there. He'll get Robinsons reps as TE.

He is replacing a current player already and he hadn't even suited up yet. Now you're rolling. Groh has even told Parcells of this red zone weapon. It's a done deal. Post #91.

Nors said:
I don't know Parcells.

I'm sure he talked to Groh a lot on Canty and is well aware on what I disclosed. That Canty is a tremendous athlete that has played Tight End for him and has a basketball background as well.

Lots of negative input now, no longer upset, you're angry. Post #127.

Nors said:
Canty, Spears, will both someday be situational offensive players.

Stick it up your gazoo Silverbear.

Now Canty's role needs to expand even more. Post #129.

Nors said:
He and Canty are very talented players, that could be used situationally to help the team.

Everyone is so focused that they are "DE" that they can't do more. Fact is both players probably would have made NFL on offense and Canty might have been a NBA Power Forward.

Now the delusions start. 10 years of resistance to your ideas. Post #131.

Nors said:
Here's my angle - and why its a GREAT idea. Grany=ted Spears and Canty have to get acclimated and into their D roles, thats a given. All along my 3-4 argument was that it would challenge our players, make us more aggressive, make our play book more fun.

Same to Spears and Canty - it would juice them to get some perks on offense and they are seriously talented football players that COULD DO IT.

I truly don't get with 10 years of failure resistance to my idea's of change. Think about that one! ITS ALWAYS RESISTANCE TO change HERE.

You're nearing full fledged anger. Post #133.

Nors said:
Two way road - I laid out my case for Canty as a TE, situational role. All State TE in college. All state BB player. Played Red Zone for UVA and Groh.

I take some flak in thread and THEN give it back, thats aggregious? I can take it but not give it? LOL

Just about there. Post #137.

Nors said:
I was talking Dallas players - LOL

WANT TO COMMENT ON THE THREAD OR SLING IT?

Just a question on this, is it only "discusing it" if people agree with you? Hmm.

Contention #2 was that you went from idea to Pro Bowl in one thread. You said that was BS.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...post #139.

Nors said:
Put your best football players on the field. Don't dismiss Canty as a sitautional TE because he's a DE. He damn well could be an All Pro TE if he went that direction.

From "idea" to "fact" to "All Pro" in one thread. The defense rests.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ricky Henderson could have been an All Pro RB - IF HE CHOSE.

Barkley a TE in the NFL?

All I said was if Canty had decided to play TE in College he has the talent to be and might have been an All Pro TE. Thats no mystic leap. There are many CB's that could be great WR's and vice versa.

Wasn't Tuinuie drafted Dline?

PROOF IN PUDDING, PARCELLS WOULD BE REMISS TO NOT EXPLORE THIS ASSET AT TE. You go defend a 6-7 290 pound athletic TE!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
From "idea" to "fact" to "All Pro" in one thread. The defense rests.
Bawahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

Remind me to call you if I ever need an attorney.

And Nors, you should be flattered (as well as amused). ;)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yes Nors you should be flattered with so much attention devoted to your post. LOL

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I thought he had just taken the keys off and rearranged them but nope he went into setup and changed it and forgot where the letters had been changed to he did say he put the B and P next to each other even though it says BN on the key board so he gets confused and I think he forgot how he did the change and can't or won't change it back to the default setting.

Yes JK, that was me, and i still have my keyboard like, that i think i'm gonna change i back though once school starts because i cant do that tothere keybaords, and well i will be forever trying to remember where they keys are :D:D