RELEASED TE Hanna to reserve retired list

DiResta

Reaction score
His size and enough speed will make him faster than most linebackers and bigger than safeties assigned to him. Pretty much a mismatch.

theres plenty of guys who never stay in the nfl who can make ridiculous catches or run fast
Rico has tons of upside, we all hope he can be some kind of Antonio Gates threat but there is so much more than having those hands
thats one of the things that makes him intriguing that and his size/athleticism
but he has to learn the offense
he has to learn all the fundamentals like pass and run blocking
he has to learn how to run routes and at the proper speed and depth so the qb can rely on him
he has to understand defensive coverages so he knows his assignment

thats just a few of the things he has to do at elite level and he hasnt played football since highschool
i dont expect much this year from him but he can get valuable experience

lukin2006

Reaction score
How has Witten played such a physically demanding position and only miss 1 game his whole career...and we can't keep any of the other tight ends healthy...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Witten rarely gets hurt. We could run more 3 receiver sets with a rb option or just put another lineman on 1 dide since they know we runnin anyway.

Rarely gets hurt is zero reason not to have a backup. OTOH, his injury could give someone a chance to prove they are TE1 material. I'd bet we cover the bases by acquiring a seasoned TE at some point probably before TC.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team needs the tight ends in the running game. They are a big part of it and it is one of the reasons why the running game has been so good here.

Trust me, I understand that, but we currently have four on the roster. We can pick up a late round TE to seldom use.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Trust me, I understand that, but we currently have four on the roster. We can pick up a late round TE to seldom use.

It’s really 3. If you read the tea leaves gathers has no chance. Swaim can be upgraded.

The team. We’d a high end talent at tight end.

Carter

Reaction score
How has Witten played such a physically demanding position and only miss 1 game his whole career...and we can't keep any of the other tight ends healthy...

Witten is a Generational Player. Hes like the Joe Thomas of TE.

There are some Players who were Born for Football and hes one of them.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Leary wasn't signed because of money. He's still a productive player.
He wasn't re-signed because he did not want to be here any longer. Remember the deal he got when they signed Collins, he got hurt lost his spot and sat on the bench when he was healthy. He was not even allowed to compete for the spot the following year and they even tried to trade him. So yeah I guess you could say money, he would have re-signed if given top 10 guard money.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Read a link on Facebook. Wow. Hope Gathers can become something.

Billyd

Reaction score
Read a link on Facebook. Wow. Hope Gathers can become something.

HANNA was hurt off and on for two seasons..Apparently it was degerative..Yes He retired, and it probably a good thing..The cowboys need to get snaps for Swaim and Suave and develop a middle of the field game..Good for Dak, and good for the running game!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL career sure is a short one!
What is the avg? Three seasons maybe?

This is why I don’t understand fans begrudging players for taking advantage of free agency. They have a very limited time to make as much money as they can, and injuries can make it shorter. Far and away most will never come close to the same kind of earning potential again.