RELEASED TE Hanna to reserve retired list

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. I think he's faster than those guys but even if he's not...he's far more athletic than anyone.

NFL.com shows his pro day time as 4.75. IT shows Swaim at 4.70. I didn't find a time for Jarwin there, but Draftscout.com showed him at 4.73. All pretty much the same.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes sense. They couldn’t fail him but cut him next week?I don’t know how that works.
They could have just cut him now with a failed physical without owing him a settlement; however, they would lose his rights.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s decent at speed,but It’s his range. Think Irving but at TE. He’s good at creating separation using his body too. I’d have to see more game work though,(especially blocking) but I can see why Dallas was intrigued with the potential.
Jason Witten ran a 4.65.......I can't really take 40 times all that serious. Sometimes you just gotta watch these guys when they get on the field with pads.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s decent at speed,but It’s his range. Think Irving but at TE. He’s good at creating separation using his body too. I’d have to see more game work though,(especially blocking) but I can see why Dallas was intrigued with the potential.

I definitely didn't mind using a 6th round pick on his kind of potential. A lot obviously depends on how well he picks up on things. It's not just about the playbook and assignments, it's also about the techniques and the nuances and the tricks of the trade, and the feel for the game - all things naturally hasn't had all the years to develop that others have. I'm pulling for him.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I was just talking about pure speed, but I'm sure he is a big target with a big wing span, and at least from the little we've seen he seems to catch what he can get his hands on.
Ok,if we’re talking about pure speed....yeah,he’s not your man to line up in the Olympics. And that’s exactly what it is...he’s span and build make it very,very difficult to matchup on. He’s tall,but moves really well like Irving does. It’s weird to see those two practice,because they’re freaks. Everything tells your eyes...”This guy? Ha! He’s power forward in basketball you idiots...he’ll never be good.” And then......

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Jason Witten ran a 4.65.......I can't really take 40 times all that serious. Sometimes you just gotta watch these guys when they get on the field with pads.
Oh I could care less,unless it’s super speed times. He’s really not going to be a downfield threat,works the edges and middle. I only have the POV from in person. He gets out to the flat fine,and you can lead it a little and low,to where only he can reach it with those long arms. Not a bunch of bobbling off the hands,and off the chest crap either.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok,if we’re talking about pure speed....yeah,he’s not your man to line up in the Olympics. And that’s exactly what it is...he’s span and build make it very,very difficult to matchup on. He’s tall,but moves really well like Irving does. It’s weird to see those two practice,because they’re freaks. Everything tells your eyes...”This guy? Ha! He’s power forward in basketball you idiots...he’ll never be good.” And then......

Im not one to automatically dismiss project players. 6th rounders are long shots anyway, so I like that we took a chance on upside.

DiResta

Reaction score
the Cowboys havent used athletic tightends since Garrett was coordinator unless you include Witten who was really a Romo connection more than anything
same as runningback Garrett wants tightends to block more than be some Gronk or Graham clone
Garrett made it clear to everyone they see themselves as a run first team and they dont have a high volume passing attack anyway
when Hanna was hurt they really missed his run blocking because Escobar was too soft

if Rico or Swaim or Jarwin cant block for Zeke they wont stay no matter how fast they run or how well they catch
its foolish to start the year relying on a guy like Rico with his lack of experience
hes a project not a tightend you pick high in the draft who will start and block or catch at a high level
he has a lot to learn plus he missed lots of football last year

tightend is a priority in Garretts offense
you need 2 quality tightends at min

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I definitely didn't mind using a 6th round pick on his kind of potential. A lot obviously depends on how well he picks up on things. It's not just about the playbook and assignments, it's also about the techniques and the nuances and the tricks of the trade, and the feel for the game - all things naturally hasn't had all the years to develop that others have. I'm pulling for him.
He’s got a ton of raw talent. But like you said,he’s a project and that takes time for a guy. The blocking...that’s what i’ll be focused on with him this time around. I need to see that part of his game,because without it....he’s really got little use in this offense...unfortunately so. But what I can tell you guys definitely,he’s easily the biggest threat of the group. Good luck getting him in your practice/game day assignments. He’s no fun to tackle,that’s for sure.

cern

Reaction score
Needs at wr, lb, and now te mean will and stephen must be at their vetting best.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s got a ton of raw talent. But like you said,he’s a project and that takes time for a guy. The blocking...that’s what i’ll be focused on with him this time around. I need to see that part of his game,because without it....he’s really got little use in this offense...unfortunately so. But what I can tell you guys definitely,he’s easily the biggest threat of the group. Good luck getting him in your practice/game day assignments. He’s no fun to tackle,that’s for sure.

The speculation has been that the blocking is what has held him back with the team. I assume strength and athleticism isn't the issue, so if this is true it has to be technique.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Im not one to automatically dismiss project players. 6th rounders are long shots anyway, so I like that we took a chance on upside.
I have zero problems with him being a project. Him and both Irving are the guys you want to take long shots on. What else are late round picks,and dumpster diving for anyways,if not for trading and taking guys in the back of the line? I hope he kicks you know what....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Needs at wr, lb, and now te mean will and stephen must be at their vetting best.

And O-Line and DT ....

I personally do not think TE will be a priority. I'm sure they understand that Witten isn't the ideal option at this point, but I believe between Witten and the young understudies they feel they can give it another year.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The speculation has been that the blocking is what has held him back with the team. I assume strength and athleticism isn't the issue, so if this is true it has to be technique.
I don’t know....I can’t say until I go watch him again.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Yeah,he’s faster than the others. That TD catch on ARZ is evidence of that alright. It’s his soft hands I like. Can play it off his fingertips like a rebounder,as also evidenced in the bottom vid.