RELEASED TE Hanna to reserve retired list

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His size and enough speed will make him faster than most linebackers and bigger than safeties assigned to him. Pretty much a mismatch.

4.75 may be similar to LBs, but it's not going to be faster than any safety. He runs very well for a man his size, which isn't that far short of OT size, but speed isn't going to be a major asset for him. He needs to be able to use his body to shield off defenders and understand positioning and technique. If he learns that, his big body can be a considerable asset.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Looks like we'll be drafting a TE in the draft at some point. Let's hope he's a step up from what Hanna had to offer. Sorry but that's forgivable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It really is too bad. I was surprised he was able to play last year after tearing his meniscus. He must've not wanted to go through another year of chronic pain. He played well blocking last year.

Now its time to see what Swaim, Rico and Jarwin can do.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Looks like we'll be drafting a TE in the draft at some point. Let's hope he's a step up from what Hanna had to offer. Sorry but that's forgivable.

I could see it but i doubt it. The day 3 picks we might get are not going ot be worth bailing on the investment we already have in Jarwin, Swaim, and Rico; the top 100 pick that would make sense would preclude positions of greater need.

sbark

Reaction score
He played in all 16 games in 2017...
Really in my mind, the guy was a decent pro, under-utilized speed, developed into a solid inline blocker,

the only fault i had with him.........was the failure to recover the fumbled kickoff/punt later in the G.Bay playoff game (Dez fumble game) that could've swung momentum at a crucial time.........but the Cowboys had so many missed opportunities in that game easy to forgive (D.Murray fumble, dez fumble, blown Wilcox angles)........

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Why? Swaim and Jarwin could BOTH be very good, and that's before we throw in Rico and some under the radar guy(s) McClay digs up.

Swain, Jarwin and Rico at this point is hope, you don’t succeed in the NFL on hope, McClay will be smart enough to realize that. We need talent at that position not hope.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really in my mind, the guy was a decent pro, under-utilized speed, developed into a solid inline blocker,

the only fault i had with him.........was the failure to recover the fumbled kickoff/punt later in the G.Bay playoff game (Dez fumble game) that could've swung momentum at a crucial time.........but the Cowboys had so many missed opportunities in that game easy to forgive (D.Murray fumble, dez fumble, blown Wilcox angles)........

Hanna is odd in that as a draft pick, blocking was considered his biggest negative.

If a team could have received a guarantee that he would develop as a blocker the way he has, he likely would have been drafted much earlier. An above average NFL blocking TE with 4.4x speed that was a decent receiver in college...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Anybody can say what they want about T.O. but he balled when he was here in Dallas.

I'm happy he finally made it to the Hall Of Fame, he was one of the best WRs of all time during his prime.

ESisback

Reaction score
Swain, Jarwin and Rico at this point is hope, you don’t succeed in the NFL on hope, McClay will be smart enough to realize that. We need talent at that position not hope.

We have hope about most players---if you draft any player, you HOPE he works out. There ARE no guarantees. I'm saying more than one person sees potential in each of those players. As fans, hope is all we have.

Also, we have more urgent needs than TE, namely, DT, LB, S, OG, WR, backup RB...

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
We have hope about most players---if you draft any player, you HOPE he works out. There ARE no guarantees. I'm saying more than one person sees potential in each of those players. As fans, hope is all we have.

Also, we have more urgent needs than TE, namely, DT, LB, S, OG, WR, backup RB...

I don’t remember anything in my post about not addressing other needs??? Also, I would rather draft a talented player with the hope he works out, than HOPE some current NFL players who has shown NOTHING currently their careers other than being career backups and hope they work out.

Swain was a 3rd stringer, Rico has only played in preseason and the Jarwin (sp) practice squad player, we need TALENT at the TE position.

vaturkey

Reaction score
It's all about Rico at this point. If he has shown to the coaches he understands the mental side of things we have what we need in house already. If he a bobblehead, then we need to draft a tightend in the first 4 rounds.

Pants

Reaction score
He was a good pro, I wish him the best...he lasted a long while especially since he couldn't get legit PT behind witten (nor will anyone else since he wants to play to 40)