Team ranks info on (Machota reported) possible external DC candidates

_sturt_

Reaction score
What decent DC
Is gonna wanna come here for ONE year???
Think about it this way... there are only so many DC openings. And there are even fewer openings with such a high profile team. Jerry pays well enough. And past that, I don't think very many go into a new job expecting to fail.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Think about it this way... there are only so many DC openings. And there are even fewer openings with such a high profile team. Jerry pays well enough. And past that, I don't think very many go into a new job expecting to fail.
I am asking from the perspective of the whole staff is basically gonna be let go in one year.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I am asking from the perspective of the whole staff is basically gonna be let go in one year.
(I'm not gonna say no, but I'm also not one of those fans who is big on feigning omniscience. I've rarely had lower expectations of this franchise going into 2016, and then they nearly pulled it off... arguably with McCarthy on our sideline instead of the other team's we do just that. And so while I'm pretty down on things again now, admittedly, I don't let myself reach any strong conclusions of what is on the horizon.)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
(I'm not gonna say no, but I'm also not one of those fans who is big on feigning omniscience. I've rarely had lower expectations of this franchise going into 2016, and then they nearly pulled it off... arguably with McCarthy on our sideline instead of the other team's we do just that. And so while I'm pretty down on things again now, admittedly, I don't let myself reach any strong conclusions of what is on the horizon.)
I was looking at it from the Mac is a lane duck point of view.
I think hes gone after the season barring a miracle.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Good Defense? It was a middling defense before and after him???

When you can't do good at your specialty whether head coach or coordinator you aren't good. Wade was good at both. Staley was a one year wonder and you're waving pom poms.

ICP

Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping for a "thinking outside of the box" choice for DC. He would be young, innovative, under the radar. He could be some college guy or some assistant that's on his way up. Perhaps it's a guy most might think is not ready yet, However, the Cowboys are willing to let him grow with experience.

Promotion from within? Which squad seems to have really stood out over the past few years? Would the Cowboys take a chance on Durde or Harris? Just thinking out loud, I haven't really thought about it until just now. It would be very risky.
I honestly don't think Jerry and Stephen would know what a young, innovative, under the radar guy is. All they know are the more well known guys that have been around awhile who they can have over for a sleepover and guys within the organization they 'think' are young, innovative and under the radar.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Every thread turns into a pity party.
Bellichick would be my choice for Defensive Coordinator with a Jerry side agreement with him that if McCarthy did not take the team to the NFC Championship Game, he would just become the Head Coach after the 2024 season then.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bellichick would be my choice for Defensive Coordinator with a Jerry side agreement with him that if McCarthy did not take the team to the NFC Championship Game, he would just become the Head Coach of the 2024 season then.
I’d go for that. MM may not like it though.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’d go for that. MM may not like it though.
He's past play time and everything is on the line, here and now. Bellichick would up grade as well as fix the defense, from the start. His defense would stop the runs and always has.

akcowboy22

Reaction score
Zimmermans last round in Dallas was the players weren't smart enough for his system, so he dumbed it down. Have the Cowboys changed ?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's past play time and everything is on the line, here and now. Bellichick would up grade as well as fix the defense, from the start. His defense would stop the runs and always has.
You think he would take a DC position? That would be pretty humbling for him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You think he would take a DC position? That would be pretty humbling for him.
That would aleady put him with the team and when McCarthy fails...immediate head coach and as a GM at that. His presence would solve attitude problems in Dallas. Jerry could guarantee another 4-5 years. The current window for Bellichick and he loves football. Think if he was the cause of Dallas getting another Lombardi.

khiladi

Reaction score
The only benefit of having Staley is that Dak gets to practice against zone all the time, but that’s not saying much as most of his completions in practice will be against busted coverages and missed assignments..

_sturt_

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Jerry and Stephen would know what a young, innovative, under the radar guy is.
Um. Pardon the observation. But. Apparently neither do any of us, since it doesn't appear that anyone has an actual name to throw out there as an exciting candidate... but I don't read every thread, so maybe I just missed it... educate me.

Then too... how do you even evaluate an "under the radar" guy... being fair, I honestly don't know how you would gain insight into other teams' position coaches other than second- and third-hand talk for which there's good reason to be skeptical.