Team ranks info on (Machota reported) possible external DC candidates

visionary

Reaction score
Bellichick would be my choice for Defensive Coordinator with a Jerry side agreement with him that if McCarthy did not take the team to the NFC Championship Game, he would just become the Head Coach after the 2024 season then.
I mean, youve said some doozies over the years but this one is right up there. Lets take a lame duck HC in his “prove it” year and saddle him with a HC-in-waiting whose promotion depends on the HC failing?

You guys are just pathetic

If there is a worse idea than this i havent seen it

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anybody that wants Staley should be thrown overboard
that may be true but he was interviewed for at least two open defensive coordinator jobs... Welcome to the NFL where the coaching carousel is a real thing.... I mean how else is Kellen Moore and Fangio end up with the Eagles I thought they have aspirations to go to Super Bowls yet they pick a couple retreads

pansophy

Reaction score
What this tells me is that if you have the right personnel, then you can do a lot of things on defense. If you don’t, then your defense isn’t going to be very good regardless of who your coach is.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All those rankings show is that good DC have good players and when they move into a role with bad players they have bad rankings.

Staley being 1 in LAR then moving to LAC and being trash on defense is a prime example.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All those rankings show is that good DC have good players and when they move into a role with bad players they have bad rankings.

Staley being 1 in LAR then moving to LAC and being trash on defense is a prime example.
Man I don't know if you paid attention in the last four years but the chargers had some big names on defense some really good players so I'm not sure what you mean by he moved to a team that had worse players maybe it's because as a head coach he couldn't concentrate on being a good defensive coordinator...

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I seen he's coming in for an interview next week so how is he not an option?
Have u seen that from any actual source or one bs tweet?….just bc one bozo says it and we want it to be true, doesn’t make it true. Look at the source your trusting. If it ain’t a real reputable source and it’s not being reported in multiple places it’s likely bs

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

While coaching is important, a lot of fans tend to feel that it can overcome personnel challenges. It's weird in a way because we often blame failures on players and don't give enough of the blame to the coaches but we also do the opposite, think coaches should somehow spin gold out of straw. It takes multiple aspects working in harmony to succeed, but fans tend to want to apply success or failure individually.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What this tells me is that if you have the right personnel, then you can do a lot of things on defense. If you don’t, then your defense isn’t going to be very good regardless of who your coach is.
Exactly!
Same guys with top 5 finishes have bottom 5 finishes.
Wink and Staley have hit the extremes hard.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Man I don't know if you paid attention in the last four years but the chargers had some big names on defense some really good players so I'm not sure what you mean by he moved to a team that had worse players maybe it's because as a head coach he couldn't concentrate on being a good defensive coordinator...
That seems to happen quite often. The former coordinator feels like he has to spend all his time on being a head coach and let's someone else control the offense. I mean, McCarthy did the same thing here and he should know better. I think if you're hired because you are really good at something, you shouldn't shelve what you are good at. In other words, a top defensive coordinator who is hired as a DC shouldn't hire a DC, His focus should be finding the best OC he can because that's not his area of expertise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Have u seen that from any actual source or one bs tweet?….just bc one bozo says it and we want it to be true, doesn’t make it true. Look at the source your trusting. If it ain’t a real reputable source and it’s not being reported in multiple places it’s likely bs
are any of these coming from real sources?? not really just social media vultures trying to get the story before somebody else so they just throw it out

until they really happen, social media is a giant rumor mill but there are people that said that Vrabel is going to come in here for an interview until it doesn't happen, I'll have to believe why wouldn't he at least listen? Make him defensive coordinator and assistant head coach give him a nice title you could sway a guy from retiring or waiting a year as respect which is usually backed by title and money...​

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Zimmer would be the worst and most boring pick, so that is who I think Jerry selects. And also because of the "we like our guys" philosophy.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
are any of these coming from real sources?? not really just social media vultures trying to get the story before somebody else so they just throw it out

until they really happen, social media is a giant rumor mill but there are people that said that Vrabel is going to come in here for an interview until it doesn't happen, I'll have to believe why wouldn't he at least listen? Make him defensive coordinator and assistant head coach give him a nice title you could sway a guy from retiring or waiting a year as respect which is usually backed by title and money...​
No one reputable at all has said that vrabel is coming here for an interview. Not one single person who is credible who covers the nfl has said that. If so, show me. Anyone can tweet out anything but it doesn’t make it true and you should check your sources before you say something like “he’s got an interview here next week so why isn’t he an option”……uhhhhh bc not one person worth a salt has corroborated it.

As for why he wouldn’t come here ? It makes zero sense for him to come to a lame duck coaching staff where the only expectation is a deep playoff run or the entire staff gets fired. Then he’d be a guy who was fired in back to back years as a head coach and coordinator and he would have killed his own value if the team doesn’t make a championship which is hard as hell to do.

He sees himself as a head coach, he can sit out a year and be one of the highest sought after guys for the jobs next season. What you want to happen doesn’t make it reality.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No one reputable at all has said that vrabel is coming here for an interview. Not one single person who is credible who covers the nfl has said that. If so, show me. Anyone can tweet out anything but it doesn’t make it true and you should check your sources before you say something like “he’s got an interview here next week so why isn’t he an option”……uhhhhh bc not one person worth a salt has corroborated it.

As for why he wouldn’t come here ? It makes zero sense for him to come to a lame duck coaching staff where the only expectation is a deep playoff run or the entire staff gets fired. Then he’d be a guy who was fired in back to back years as a head coach and coordinator and he would have killed his own value.

He sees himself as a head coach, he can sit out a year and be one of the highest sought after guys for the jobs next season. What you want to happen doesn’t make it reality.
It wasn't a tweet I don't care what you think I'm just telling you it is a possibility... Someone telling doesn't happen neither one of us is going to be right so we're just going to lsit back and wait on next week and see who interviews. Stay tuned more drama ahead.... That's the mainstay we can count on here lots of drama lots of opinions lots of heated debates yay yay yay.... :facepalm: :muttley:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm kind of hoping for a "thinking outside of the box" choice for DC. He would be young, innovative, under the radar. He could be some college guy or some assistant that's on his way up. Perhaps it's a guy most might think is not ready yet, However, the Cowboys are willing to let him grow with experience.

Promotion from within? Which squad seems to have really stood out over the past few years? Would the Cowboys take a chance on Durde or Harris? Just thinking out loud, I haven't really thought about it until just now. It would be very risky.
How about someone with some real fire and enthusiasm?