Team USA Basketball Thread - 2012 London Olympic Games

mldardy

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4646568 said:
The current USA team seems to think it's relevant. They said they were better. They aren't. The Dream Team wouldn't have barley won today. They would have won easily and would have played defense. The current team doesn't even play defense, it's sad.
I don't know and don't care what the Dream Team would have done. The bottom line is THIS team won. No matter if it was by 1,5, or 50. Get all of that through your head.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Good strong finish against Argentina today. As long as this team continues to rebound and play defense, they're untouchable.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Easy win today...as they all should be, which made the Lithuania game so disappointing. Spain doesn't look as impressive and Russia isn't really anything special. USA should roll to the gold medal

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4650928 said:
I can't watch it on my iPad. :(

Man I really hope the new iPad has Flash Player.

It won't. Apple is vehemently against Flash.

Find a computer!

MC KAos

Reaction score
i kind of have a feeling teams didnt really want to go all out vs the US up to this point. i bet it will get a lot more difficult playing the argentinas/spains/brazils/lithuanias/russias of the world now that its for keeps.

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4651296 said:
i kind of have a feeling teams didnt really want to go all out vs the US up to this point. i bet it will get a lot more difficult playing the argentinas/spains/brazils/lithuanias/russias of the world now that its for keeps.

Argentina looked shell shocked last night when KD started hitting everything, looked like they had no answer for the US when they turned up the tempo so they just quit.

They already took Lithuanias best shot Spain has looked slow so far i doubt they'll put up to much of a fight their 08 team looked much much better. I honestly don't expect another close game in this tournament

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Ren;4651308 said:
Argentina looked shell shocked last night when KD started hitting everything, looked like they had no answer for the US when they turned up the tempo so they just quit.

They already took Lithuanias best shot Spain has looked slow so far i doubt they'll put up to much of a fight their 08 team looked much much better. I honestly don't expect another close game in this tournament

I don't either. Save for Lithuania, Team USA should blow everyone out en route to Gold.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
james-harden-hand.jpg

lmao.

and this one...

james-harden-no-crossover.jpg

SURE, James. :laugh1:

Reaction score
casmith07;4654864 said:
He'd be 37 years old going on 38 (August babies!). There's no way.

The only way he would play in 2016 is if he came off the bench for mop up duty like Michael Redd in 2008 and just shot threes.

I know, but it's still sad to see my favorite player and idol's career coming to a close.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4654869 said:
I know, but it's still sad to see my favorite player and idol's career coming to a close.

I think he's got 2 years left and he's done. I don't think he's going to play past this contract.

The thing about him is as much as he loves basketball, he seems to be okay with life after it. He's also been remarkably smart with his money and has millions in endorsements. He'll be fine.

Reaction score
casmith07;4654896 said:
I think he's got 2 years left and he's done. I don't think he's going to play past this contract.

The thing about him is as much as he loves basketball, he seems to be okay with life after it. He's also been remarkably smart with his money and has millions in endorsements. He'll be fine.

Yeah I agree, but the NBA won't be the same without him. Keep in mind he'll likely won't be the only superstar calling it a career. Others would likely include Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, and Dirk Nowitzki.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4654954 said:
Yeah I agree, but the NBA won't be the same without him. Keep in mind he'll likely won't be the only superstar calling it a career. Others would likely include Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, and Dirk Nowitzki.

Time for a new era. Durant, LeBron, and maybe some others like Kyrie Irving will step up.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4654954 said:
Yeah I agree, but the NBA won't be the same without him.

The NBA will continue. It thrived after Magic+Bird retired and it eventually rebounded after Jordan retired. The NBA will do just fine without Kobe.