Team USA Basketball Thread - 2012 London Olympic Games

joseephuss

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4657390 said:
Will Pau try to make Kobe eat his words namely that Pau is soft?

Pau could come out and have a great game, but he is still going to be considered soft.

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4657424 said:
he certainly implied it many times

Kobe LOVES Pau. He's constantly sticking up for him when people call him soft. Hell Kobe is probably the reason Pau is still a Laker.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4657429 said:
Kobe LOVES Pau. He's constantly sticking up for him when people call him soft. Hell Kobe is probably the ONLY reason Pau is still a Laker.

I dont correct posts often but...

;)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I found myself rooting for Argentina. Not a fan of anyone on the American Team, just boring selfish basketball, but I guess that is the NBA.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4657576 said:
I found myself rooting for Argentina. Not a fan of anyone on the American Team, just boring selfish basketball, but I guess that is the NBA.

Which USA team are you watching? They have been a bit lazy defensively at times, but there is no way you can say they are playing selfish basketball. If anything they have been making one pass to many at times. 25 of their 43 baskets today came off an assist. They have had other games with even higher assist / basket ratios.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't understand this. They lead the Olymics on the number of assists per game, and it isn't even close.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Doomsday;4657651 said:
Which USA team are you watching? They have been a bit lazy defensively at times, but there is no way you can say they are playing selfish basketball. If anything they have been making one pass to many at times. 25 of their 43 baskets today came off an assist. They have had other games with even higher assist / basket ratios.

Jammer;4657981 said:
I don't understand this. They lead the Olymics on the number of assists per game, and it isn't even close.

Cowboys&LakersFan;4657984 said:

All of this.

On the topic of the gold medal game, Spain better score more than 67 points. Did you see that Spain-Russia game? Atrocious.

joseephuss

Reaction score

One of the criticisms of LeBron James is that he is not selfish enough. He is willing to pass up the ball to the open guy instead of attacking.

And how can a team that puts up 117 or so points a game be considered boring?

If someone doesn't like them, that is one thing, but them being boring doesn't seem to apply at all.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
team-usa-2012(1).jpg

CHAMPS!

Reaction score
Kobe told Pau "Don't worry bro we're gonna destroy the NBA this coming season".

Still gotta sting though for Pau losing to the Americans back to back Olympics.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Coach K put in all the scrubs with little time left and they almost managed to lose the game while everyone was prematurely celebrating off court...wow. If Hardin had not split those last four free throws and missed them all, who knows? But congratulations to them, what a game!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Wow, you have a guy in a wheelchair trying to put the silvers around the Spaniards necks, and they are on the platform...talk about bending way down! :laugh2: