R Mostert
J Williams
D Montgomery
A Kamara
J Connor
B Rob
Gibson
D Singletary

..all these guys gotten in round 3 or later. Just saying you don't have to spring for one in the first couple rounds anymore. Rather use those picks on building up the trenches.
:hammer:

Jarntt

Reaction score
But you've been saying this for 10 years. Letting an excellent DT go but he's in his 30's and they offered CJCG more than the Lions and withdrew their offer. Obviously you can't spend like drunken sailors but you've been saying for 10 years "Just watch, they are gonna be in trouble".
My point isn't jumping on you. It's some people think like you and they are 100% wrong and I wish we could be more like the Eagles. They also are one of the top 10 teams under the cap right this minute.
And sorry if I'm jumping down your throat but I'm frustrated watching us do nothing while the Eagles are major players in FA every single year
That’s not exactly what happened. First off it wasn’t more money to stay with the Eagles. That came right from CJGJ Himself. They couldn’t afford both CJGJ and Slay so they were going to cut Slay. Then when CJGJ wouldn’t sign the cheap deal they offered him they went back to Slay. the Eagles lost 5 guys this year alone that are expected to start for other teams because of their cap issues.

im fine with defending my position with regards to the cap and find many don’t actually understand it and just see a team sign a bunch of players so they think anyone can do it. Does every team not know what Philly knows? is there a reason perhaps that 31 other teams don’t act that way? Look at the Rams. They made a go at the same thing and now had to dismantle their team after just a couple years. Also if you are looking at cap space only I don’t think Hurts’ deal is included yet. i laid out all of the dead money they built up before Hurts and it will just get way worse soon. Again, the cap $s don’t ever go away. They unloaded Wentz and it allowed them to switch to a cheap QB on a rookie deal and the difference between Dak and Hurts is a big part of what they spent on other players.

by what name do I know you by?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
That’s not exactly what happened. First off it wasn’t more money to stay with the Eagles. That came right from CJGJ Himself. They couldn’t afford both CJGJ and Slay so they were going to cut Slay. Then when CJGJ wouldn’t sign the cheap deal they offered him they went back to Slay. the Eagles lost 5 guys this year alone that are expected to start for other teams because of their cap issues.

im fine with defending my position with regards to the cap and find many don’t actually understand it and just see a team sign a bunch of players so they think anyone can do it. Does every team not know what Philly knows? is there a reason perhaps that 31 other teams don’t act that way? Look at the Rams. They made a go at the same thing and now had to dismantle their team after just a couple years. Also if you are looking at cap space only I don’t think Hurts’ deal is included yet. i laid out all of the dead money they built up before Hurts and it will just get way worse soon. Again, the cap $s don’t ever go away. They unloaded Wentz and it allowed them to switch to a cheap QB on a rookie deal and the difference between Dak and Hurts is a big part of what they spent on other players.

by what name do I know you by?
All teams are going to have cap issues and be careful after they give their QB a big money deal. I agree with you on that. But Howie has been masterful manipulating the cap for a loooong time and reaping the benefits and I just never see this cap issue you've been saying is right around the corner for about a decade now. Again, my issue isn't with you. It's with Jerry Jones. I think you are completely wrong because I've seen the Eagles side step the so called "cap hell". They just gave their QB 250 mill, Kelce 14 mill, Cox 8 mil, Bradberry a crap ton, AJ Brown 100 mill, their LT 50+ mill, and you're saying they are in cap hell because they let a 30 year old DT walk. Reports saying Philly offered Gardner 24 million and he wound up getting 6 million when they moved on.

It's been a minute but it was very similar to this. Maybe SuperBowlX5. I just really think I remember your name and you predicting cap hell that never ever seems to happen. I wish we landed the Eagles DT and spent some money in FA for once. The 49ers are my SB prediction because they actually spend money on outside talent.

Jarntt

Reaction score
All teams are going to have cap issues and be careful after they give their QB a big money deal. I agree with you on that. But Howie has been masterful manipulating the cap for a loooong time and reaping the benefits and I just never see this cap issue you've been saying is right around the corner for about a decade now. Again, my issue isn't with you. It's with Jerry Jones. I think you are completely wrong because I've seen the Eagles side step the so called "cap hell". They just gave their QB 250 mill, Kelce 14 mill, Cox 8 mil, Bradberry a crap ton, AJ Brown 100 mill, their LT 50+ mill, and you're saying they are in cap hell because they let a 30 year old DT walk. Reports saying Philly offered Gardner 24 million and he wound up getting 6 million when they moved on.

It's been a minute but it was very similar to this. Maybe SuperBowlX5. I just really think I remember your name and you predicting cap hell that never ever seems to happen. I wish we landed the Eagles DT and spent some money in FA for once. The 49ers are my SB prediction because they actually spend money on outside talent.
You read the headlines but don’t look at the details. I can’t lay it out any clearer than I did when I showed the contracts and the dead money look at the Kelce and Cox contracts you point out for the structure. again, they lost 5 guys who are starting for other teams. That’s not insignificant and it’s 100% because of cap. They could have given Hurts a billion dollars. The contract doesn't even start for another year so only 1/5 of the SB hits the cap. I don’t think that is your name. I think I know who you are.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Someone remind me since there seems to be all of this talk about the Eagles. Did they sign or acquire via trade even one big name this off-season? We acquired both Cooks and Gilmore. Who did they bring on to make their team better and offset the loss of all of their players? And it’s 100% because of their cap issue. Now I fully expect they acquire one big name because it would be a disaster to lose what they did and not acquire anyone but all of those on here in love with how the Eagles operate don’t seem to have been paying attention this year.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
You read the headlines but don’t look at the details. I can’t lay it out any clearer than I did when I showed the contracts and the dead money look at the Kelce and Cox contracts you point out for the structure. again, they lost 5 guys who are starting for other teams. That’s not insignificant and it’s 100% because of cap. They could have given Hurts a billion dollars. The contract doesn't even start for another year so only 1/5 of the SB hits the cap. I don’t think that is your name. I think I know who you are.
It's not. They don't value LBers and aren't giving 30 year olds mega deals. They still have a ton of cap space and even more next year. Again... you've been predicting their demise via the cap for more than a decade and I'm just waiting for it to happen. They are just smarter than us. For example, they just gave their QB a 1/4 billion and that straps EVERY team. They are gonna trade back and walk away with 2 firsts this year and 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, 3 fourths and 2 fifths next year. That proves they don't always spend like drunken sailors but they've handed out a crap ton of huge contracts recently and I just never see this cap hell you've been predicting. You brought up all those scary numbers a decade ago and nothing's happened.

Jarntt

Reaction score
It's not. They don't value LBers and aren't giving 30 year olds mega deals. They still have a ton of cap space and even more next year. Again... you've been predicting their demise via the cap for more than a decade and I'm just waiting for it to happen. They are just smarter than us. For example, they just gave their QB a 1/4 billion and that straps EVERY team. They are gonna trade back and walk away with 2 firsts this year and 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, 3 fourths and 2 fifths next year. That proves they don't always spend like drunken sailors but they've handed out a crap ton of huge contracts recently and I just never see this cap hell you've been predicting. You brought up all those scary numbers a decade ago and nothing's happened.
Again. Look at this year’s players that came and went. Now take into account it’s getting worse not better with regards to dead money over the next few years. They will be worse this year than last year. Their window closes soon and now I know who you are for sure

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Again. Look at this year’s players that came and went. Now take into account it’s getting worse not better with regards to dead money over the next few years. They will be worse this year than last year. Their window closes soon and now I know who you are for sure
Who am I? And again... letting go a LBer, a 30 year old DT and a RB is smart business when you have to give your QB a big money deal. We've been waiting for your prediction to come true for a decade now. Just wondering when it actually happens.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Who am I? And again... letting go a LBer, a 30 year old DT and a RB is smart business when you have to give your QB a big money deal. We've been waiting for your prediction to come true for a decade now. Just wondering when it actually happens.
Do you really want me to write who you are on a public forum? You complained about people doing that to you before you were banned on the other forum

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Do you really want me to write who you are on a public forum? You complained about people doing that to you before you were banned on the other forum
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? I'm not even completely sure you were the guy I remember.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
RB will by committee.

It was a committee last year. Zeke wasn’t much of a starter either.

The drop off from Zeke to Ronald Jones is going to be minimal. It might actually be an improvement.
Yeah, Zeke was bad, slow as hell with no shiftiness. He needed a better off season program a long time ago.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A glaring weakness for Dallas is their offensive line. Philadelphia invests into the outside of the defensive line. They plan on being dominant from the ends early in the game and then dominant at the game's conclusion.

Short yardage dominance and Red Zone efficient.

Dallas, at the least, has to acquire a dominant left guard that can handle now, as well as carry into the next three years, due to the age of Martin. A quality guard/tackle, would give an economical stability with a picture like: LT Tyler Smith, LG O'Cyrus Torrence, C Tyler Biadasz, RG Zach Martin (two year window) , RT Tyler Smith/Terence Steele. Tyler likely drops out of the picture next season.

Here, if Dallas moved up for OT Darnell Wright...that would successfully competitive with Philadelphia and the NFC East. Smart move.

The WR group is well strong enough for a couple of years and selecting a large running back similar to the RB from UCLA projects sufficient all the way to the playoffs - in the Dallas backfield.

Verdict

Reaction score
A glaring weakness for Dallas is their offensive line. Philadelphia invests into the outside of the defensive line. They plan on being dominant from the ends early in the game and then dominant at the game's conclusion.

Short yardage dominance and Red Zone efficient.

Dallas, at the least, has to acquire a dominant left guard that can handle now, as well as carry into the next three years, due to the age of Martin. A quality guard/tackle, would give an economical stability with a picture like: LT Tyler Smith, LG O'Cyrus Torrence, C Tyler Biadasz, RG Zach Martin (two year window) , RT Tyler Smith/Terence Steele. Tyler likely drops out of the picture next season.

Here, if Dallas moved up for OT Darnell Wright...that would successfully competitive with Philadelphia and the NFC East. Smart move.

The WR group is well strong enough for a couple of years and selecting a large running back similar to the RB from UCLA projects sufficient all the way to the playoffs - in the Dallas backfield.
The question that I have is how strong is this OL class? In theory, I think taking an OL in the first round is not a bad idea for the Cowboys. But in practice, I don’t think the board is going to stack up that way, and the team really needs to stick to their board. Otherwise you end up with a Taco or Hill and a big fat zero.

Gibbs would possibly be the BPA if he is still available at our pick, and the more I think about it the more likely he is to be the pick. I think it’s 50/50 that neither of the top 2 running backs is still on the board when we pick.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The question that I have is how strong is this OL class? In theory, I think taking an OL in the first round is not a bad idea for the Cowboys. But in practice, I don’t think the board is going to stack up that way, and the team really needs to stick to their board. Otherwise you end up with a Taco or Hill and a big fat zero.

Gibbs would possibly be the BPA if he is still available at our pick, and the more I think about it the more likely he is to be the pick. I think it’s 50/50 that neither of the top 2 running backs is still on the board when we pick.
I wouldn't mess with giving time for the Dallas quarterback to attack a stronger and deeper defensive line by the Eagles.,,and a better quarterback to force the Dallas hand.