Twitter: Teams are calling Cowboys to trade

Rayman70

Reaction score
You really really really just love you some Looney.

And you apparently don't get we drafted a superior player in Connor McGovern.
I love proven players is what I value the most...versus rookies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
McGovern can play center also.......
yes which is why we drafted him and also underscores how valuable versatile olineman are. That's why Im not parting with Joe Looney unless its a trade that blows my doors off.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as the DL cost us in the Rams game, Heath was just as horrific.

A better strong safety in run support might make that game a lot more competitive.

It is not just about missed tackles. It is about bad reads and poor angles to ball carriers.

Two LBs bit on that play too. The entire team was fooled by the motion and misdirection the entire game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they see Collins as a better G than T. I think it's Collins.......notice fast you're willing to trade Looney and Su'a. I'm guessing it had to be a player the Raiders thought highly enough to call and we thought highly enough NOT to trade at this time. I don't see that in Looney or Su'a...both have been career backups....

You're likely right. I'm just saying that I'd be quicker to part with backup guards and centers vs what is right now our starting right tackle.

risco

Reaction score
The real question is....would a team take our crappy starting QB? I seriously doubt it.... :popcorn:
Trust the team and the process my man! You are waaaaaaay way on the outside and have not clue like most of us.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you--gasp---saying they were not prepared?

I’m absolutely saying that. And the youth and experience of some players made it worse. A learning experience - and a humbling one - for all involved.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Trust the team and the process my man! You are waaaaaaay way on the outside and have not clue like most of us.

Here is what is funny...I hear stuff like this....and I laugh out loud....and here is why. Because I have taken snaps under center. I've been under fire. I see the reads that should have been made...the mistakes...the check downs. The audibles @ the line that should have been made...yet our dumb *** QB that has been in the league now going on 4 years continues to make the same mistakes. He should be able to anticipate plays by now...instead...he still is slow to process information...as if he is still a rookie...having to think about it..and it's his first time seeing stuff defenses throw @ him.

And he misses throws that honestly...a high school QB could make.

Wanna know what made Dak successful that first year?

Because when he got into a pinch...and didn't know what to do....He would tuck the football...and run. Which planted the seed of doubt in a defense. What is he gonna do?

Now...you got a guy hell bent on proving he can be a pocket passer....which he is still slow to process information...and is consistantly late making throws....makes horrible decisions because he is fooled w/ coverages. He thinks he's seeing one thing...only to get fooled with something else...and that my friend comes from not studying a playbook like an NFL QB should.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here is what is funny...I hear stuff like this....and I laugh out loud....and here is why. Because I have taken snaps under center. I've been under fire. I see the reads that should have been made...the mistakes...the check downs. The audibles @ the line that should have been made...yet our dumb *** QB that has been in the league now going on 4 years continues to make the same mistakes. He should be able to anticipate plays by now...instead...he still is slow to process information...as if he is still a rookie...having to think about it..and it's his first time seeing stuff defenses throw @ him.

Because when he got into a pinch...and didn't know what to do....He would tuck the football...and run. Which planted the seed of doubt in a defense. What is he gonna do?

Now...you got a guy hell bent on proving he can be a pocket passer....which he is still slow to process information...and is consistantly late making throws....makes horrible decisions because he is fooled w/ coverages. He thinks he's seeing one thing...only to get fooled with something else...and that my friend comes from not studying a playbook like an NFL QB should.

Hyperbole much?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Floaty has faced live bullets.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hyperbole much?

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Actually... no

I was totally honest in my last statement. I should break out some tape to prove my point.:rolleyes: