Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Can you see, i know this is hard because i ll have facts, we keep Dalvin cook on the sidelines, but we keep zeke and his impressive numbers on the field.

Now , again, look at the facts, even if Henry was signed, he d be riding the pine.

The team keeps showing you, any successful player is sitting. Dak can suck it up all day, theres no way they putting Rush in, ok. thats fact.

CD Lamb is the only WR, he can be covered, aint no way Dallas is looking for another weapon, some scrub not getting TDs but will move the chain for 3 points is better than paying for a guy who can find the end zone.
I am pretty sure the we you are referring to is GM Jethro, because if I was included in the we, we would have called Henry's agent day 1.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the we you are referring to is GM Jethro, because if I was included in the we, we would have called Henry's agent day 1.
and spent money to achieve nothing. Mozel tov, what wonderful GMs this board has. BEcause you know, all our problems are solved with 1 player.

Dang you are good.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Not only do we not have a smart GM, we have a lazy GM that did not even call to check the price.

Then he makes a call to check on Davante Adams? Pretty sure Henry was a FA, no trade capital needed and significantly less than Adams.

It is clear to see Jerry believes the NFL is a passing league. He does not value the run game on both sides of the ball.
It is sad when the fans know more about team improvements, than the GM does.It boggles my mind it really does.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Seriously... I don't understand WTH we were thinking :oops:.

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:
We're good with Rico and Zeke?!

AND we paid Dak $60m PER!!!
This can't be real...
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O
Because Jerry was thinking he has a few thousand Elliott Jerseys left and he has to get rid of them. so he signed Zeke to sell the jersey's...btw, Zeke is #15 and Jerseys are still #21.

it was a win win for him. get rid of inventory and make money....and save 3M on the cap. with 23M on the cap, jerry actually said he couldn't afford Henry!!!! not that Zeke is as good...he couldn't afford him.

Jerry is now really bad at lying too

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because Jerry was thinking he has a few thousand Elliott Jerseys left and he has to get rid of them. so he signed Zeke to sell the jersey's...btw, Zeke is #15 and Jerseys are still #21.

it was a win win for him. get rid of inventory and make money....and save 3M on the cap. with 23M on the cap, jerry actually said he couldn't afford Henry!!!! not that Zeke is as good...he couldn't afford him.

Jerry is now really bad at lying too
But Jerry can afford a $5.2M hold my clipboard QB.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was the most logical move of the offseason. Though I don't know if he would be as successful here, he would definitely have helped.
Exactly, nice addition but only if other parts are in place already. The OL is a work in progress, the run blocking schemes are just basic crap. Bringing Henry here now is putting the cart before the horse,,,, he would have failed miserably here this year.

quickccc

Reaction score
1) The Jones were too incredibly paranoid about the salary cap about re-signing Dak and Lamb
It's ways to move cap dollars around to make space .. if we really wanted Derrick henry. No one believes the We could not afford him crap.

2) the Jones not All IN to win a Super bowl - they want to luckily do it thru Money Ball approach

3) Jones are simply not on a level in front office management like Detroit, Baltimore. KC, Niners, etc.
It's a reason why those teams are far closer to SB and conference title games than we are.

quickccc

Reaction score
it's too obvious... i was so very glad Troy Aikman called the Jones out on TV broadcast for Not even making an attempt to call and inquire
into Henry.

Flat out shows totally incompetence with our front office.

:banghead: