Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Henry wouldn't of been able to fix this mess. He would of succumbed to the lazy unprepared nature of this team. The country club were the best type attitude.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No the GM is
I am pretty sure an NFL GM is a full time job and most likely 60+ hours a week.

Cheifs

Owner, Chairman, CEO - Hunt
President - Mark Donovan
GM - Bret Veach

Cowboys

Owner, President, GM - Jethro

Anyone think these jobs are part time in KC???

Can 1 man really do all 3 of these jobs at the same time effectively??? Now how about at 82 years old???

starfan1

Reaction score
I am pretty sure an NFL GM is a full time job and most likely 60+ hours a week.

Cheifs

Owner, Chairman, CEO - Hunt
President - Mark Donovan
GM - Bret Veach

Cowboys

Owner, President, GM - Jethro

Anyone think these jobs are part time in KC???

Can 1 man really do all 3 of these jobs at the same time effectively??? Now how about at 82 years old???
I'm not convinced hes ever done it effectively.We have struck gold with a few coaches and definitely the walker trade but our post salary cap era is a failure. Now I can still enjoy it because I'm not SB or bust fan but Id like a bit more success. The sad part is the prospect of Steven taking over isn't too encouraging

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not convinced hes ever done it effectively.We have struck gold with a few coaches and definitely the walker trade but our post salary cap era is a failure. Now I can still enjoy it because I'm not SB or bust fan but Id like a bit more success. The sad part is the prospect of Steven taking over isn't too encouraging
Unless Stephen took a lot of notes on what not to do, our SB is winning the Division.

OhReally

Reaction score
Henry wouldn't of been able to fix this mess. He would of succumbed to the lazy unprepared nature of this team. The country club were the best type attitude.
Henry isn't built like that. Henry would've been perfect. Get the lead let Henry close out the game. There are 5 or 6 games a year where Dak has to do nothing where Henry is the best player in the world. There will be ones where Henry will grind all game and break one late with a line like 136 yards on 26 attempts 2 TDs. Some games he has to do nothing special because Dak is on fire and the blowout is on. Imagine CeeDee with man coverage with 7 or 8 in the box.

People acted like he's washed because he "only" ran for 1200 yards behind the worst offensive line in the league with one of the worst statistical QBs of 2023.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Henry isn't built like that. Henry would've been perfect. Get the lead let Henry close out the game. There are 5 or 6 games a year where Dak has to do nothing where Henry is the best player in the world. There will be ones where Henry will grind all game and break one late with a line like 136 yards on 26 attempts 2 TDs. Some games he has to do nothing special because Dak is on fire and the blowout is on. Imagine CeeDee with man coverage with 7 or 8 in the box.

People acted like he's washed because he "only" ran for 1200 yards behind the worst offensive line in the league with one of the worst statistical QBs of 2023.
Either way Henry has to be accounted for and he will take away the defenses will to stop the run by Q4. No DB wants to tackle Henry.

Bing

Reaction score
As a football fan I am thrilled Henry did not come here. He would of just been another great player wasting away his career here in Dallas. I'm glad he is where he is so when he is ready he can go out as a winner.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree but this front office never thinks logically. We as fans can just watch Henry and wish, we had a smart GM and Henry was running wild in a Cowboys uniform.
Not only do we not have a smart GM, we have a lazy GM that did not even call to check the price.

Then he makes a call to check on Davante Adams? Pretty sure Henry was a FA, no trade capital needed and significantly less than Adams.

It is clear to see Jerry believes the NFL is a passing league. He does not value the run game on both sides of the ball.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Seriously... I don't understand WTH we were thinking :oops:.

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:
We're good with Rico and Zeke?!

AND we paid Dak $60m PER!!!
This can't be real...
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O

Posters like this, see a player like Al DAvis does, they play well on one team, so it would make sense that they would play the same on any other team.

Spoiler Alert, they dont.

as to yor question, Henry would provide nothing. he doesnt play defense and even if he got the Cowboys 1 or 2 more tds it wouldnt really make a huge difference. Dak still sucks in the red zone, so CD wouldnt factor in. And whatever points Henry would get us, the defense would only give the opposing team.

What you dont seem to understand is, we have an owner who doesnt care to win the lombardi. he also doesnt care about play off victories. the team is at its sweet spot, the stadium makes money all year long, jerseys sell and the talk shows are talking about his team.

What incentive does he have?

kevm3

Reaction score
Posters like this, see a player like Al DAvis does, they play well on one team, so it would make sense that they would play the same on any other team.

as to yor question, Henry would provide nothing. he doesnt play defense and even if he got the Cowboys 1 or 2 more tds it wouldnt really make a huge difference. Dak still sucks in the red zone, so CD wouldnt factor in. And whatever points Henry would get us, the defense would only give the opposing team.

What you dont seem to understand is, we have an owner who doesnt care to win the lombardi. he also doesnt care about play off victories. the team is at its sweet spot, the stadium makes money all year long, jerseys sell and the talk shows are talking about his team.

Henry doesn't necessarily have to do what he is doing in Baltimore. He just has to give us more than we have now and he wouldn't have been a weapon on a competitor.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Once again. We would not need him to do that on our team. All we really need is 4.2 yards a carry, we would not need 6.

Henry has to be accounted for at all times. Some fans before last week were asking if Zeke was still on the team.

Pretty sure you can see the difference.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Henry doesn't necessarily have to do what he is doing in Baltimore. He just has to give us more than we have now and he wouldn't have been a weapon on a competitor.

Sooooooooooooooooooo pay for one more victory?

hes not getting us over bad coaching, so what are we paying for? 1 and done in the playoffs but with Henry?

what do you hope to gain with an owner who tells you straight to your face "son I AINT interested in no lombardi"

you: but JJ wants a lombardi.

JJ: FFS look at the last 20 years , come on. What more do i have to do ? another 10 years of Garrett?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooooooo pay for one more victory?

hes not getting us over bad coaching, so what are we paying for? 1 and done in the playoffs but with Henry?

what do you hope to gain with an owner who tells you straight to your face "son I AINT interested in no lombardi"

you: but JJ wants a lombardi.

JJ: FFS look at the last 20 years , come on. What more do i have to do ? another 10 years of Garrett?
Coaches look bad when their GM sucks.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Once again. We would not need him to do that on our team. All we really need is 4.2 yards a carry, we would not need 6.

Henry has to be accounted for at all times. Some fans before last week were asking if Zeke was still on the team.

Pretty sure you can see the difference.
Can you see, i know this is hard because i ll have facts, we keep Dalvin cook on the sidelines, but we keep zeke and his impressive numbers on the field.

Now , again, look at the facts, even if Henry was signed, he d be riding the pine.

The team keeps showing you, any successful player is sitting. Dak can suck it up all day, theres no way they putting Rush in, ok. thats fact.

CD Lamb is the only WR, he can be covered, aint no way Dallas is looking for another weapon, some scrub not getting TDs but will move the chain for 3 points is better than paying for a guy who can find the end zone.