Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes absolutely I am going to go on a full-blown tirade every time this guy has a great game.

Because there's nothing I would like more than him doing it for our team we'd be undefeated at this point.

A power running game would keep our defense off the field give Dak all the help he needed and just be a hell of a lot of fun to watch him run over people.

It would change us from the soft kitty cat team that we are to a physical team that could be respected and possibly go deep in the playoffs.

Oops and I forgot to mention power running helps make up for lousy coaching might makes right even if the Coach sucks and you can run for 5 yards every time you try it even when people know you're going to do it it covers a multitude of sins.

So yes nothing really pisses me off anymore this season and last season for that matter we should have got him Derrick Henry would change our whole team for the better.

And Jerry is a gaping glass bowl for not making it happen
Henry was never coming to Dallas. That zshould help you sleep better at night. Henry to the Ravens was the worst the worst kept secret in the league.

kevm3

Reaction score
Jerry Jones as a GM and fans that keep makihg excuses for his mediocrity. We've had nearly 30 years of the same results

kevm3

Reaction score
Why does anyone think Derrick Henry wouldn't do decent behind our O-Line? Rico Gathers was running well until behind the line. This notion that our line wouldn't be good enough to justify Henry is nonsense. Our FO missed an EASY layup.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well he would have needed to call us.

We don't make those type calls. Players need to show us they are interested, at the right price.

As it was we only had "so much pie to go around." Don't worry though, we are "saving Zeke."
Maybe he did call us and Jerry could not hear the phone ring.

Reactions: CWR

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not actually signing him doesn’t bother me as much as the player saying that his agent didn’t even get a call.

I realize there’s soccer and truck events to be concerned with, but how does an NFL GM not even bother to at least check in on basically every free agent?

Big_D

Reaction score
What if it was Henry + Barkley + Luepke + Dowdle? Especially with how cheaply the Eagles got Barkley. Now THAT'S a running back room!!! Dak would probably only need to throw like 20-25 passes all game.
Henry and a draftee and they could’ve been in pretty good shape at the position.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not actually signing him doesn’t bother me as much as the player saying that his agent didn’t even get a call.

I realize there’s soccer and truck events to be concerned with, but how does an NFL GM not even bother to at least check in on basically every free agent?
Roster building is 365 days a year and we leave no stone unturned.

:facepalm:

gtb1943

Reaction score
When you have a number of holes in your roster which we certainly have, you fill them one at a time any which way you can without crippling yourself. Getting Henry would have filled a hole that EVERYONE knew we had without doing that.