Tell me Again Why The Architect of 3 Super Bowls is not in the ROH?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
jimmy said it is nice to be appreciated , .......by everyone except jerry !
He thanked all his coaches and players, but no mention of jerry lol.

Funny thing is jerry is going to be at HOF game where jimmy is inducted, so curious if he will be involved or not.

Its sucks man because I don't believe Jimmy could've done what he did without Jerry and the Cowboys couldn't' have done what they did without Jimmy. Not sure why one has to get credit for those rings. It was a collective effort...nevermind all the great assistant coaches we had and players that contributed to it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Done! I love Renfro and have met him twice, the last time being our wild card win at hm against the Seahawks. For those who are not familiar with Mel Renfro, check out his amazing stats!
thats awesome.
he's one of my all-time favorite Cowboys.
for my money...our greatest DB.
seems as great a person as he was a player.
i've got an autographed jersey,ball and mini helmet of him.
very cool you got to meet him.

Big_D

Reaction score
Its sucks man because I don't believe Jimmy could've done what he did without Jerry and the Cowboys couldn't' have done what they did without Jimmy. Not sure why one has to get credit for those rings. It was a collective effort...nevermind all the great assistant coaches we had and players that contributed to it.

Only in Dallas! lol I'm sure fans in NE are talking about how instrumental Kraft has been to their Super Bowls. Football fans talk about Lombardi, Landry , Walsh, Noll, Shula, Bellichick etc etc on and on it goes,. But here coaching doesn't mean a dam thing. Jerry made that pretty clear. Still trying to credit the dumazz owner who has been nothing but a hinderance ever since.

ArtClink

Reaction score

It's very easy to assign credit for those three Super Bowls.
  1. Jerry Credit: He hired Jimmy and signed paychecks
  2. Jimmy Credit: He built the team that won three and in his contract he explicitly had the final say in ALL football matters

ArtClink

Reaction score
thats awesome.
he's one of my all-time favorite Cowboys.
for my money...our greatest DB.
seems as great a person as he was a player.
i've got an autographed jersey,ball and mini helmet of him.
very cool you got to meet him.

Fans always say D. Sanders was our greatest but I agree with you about Renfro. He was named to the All-Pro team 9 consecutive seasons if I recall correctly. His stats are from 12 and 14 season games yet his interceptions were extremely high. Oh yeah and he was a great punt returner. D. Sanders lacks one thing that makes him finish behind Renfro: He was allergic to tackling.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why is Jimmy Johnson so conspicuously missing from the Cowboys Ring of Honor after all these years? After all, he is the architect that built a 3x Super Bowl champion (Barry S. won that 3rd one with the foundation Jimmy already had in place).

- Perplexed in Dallas
Funny, I never hear people saying that about Tomlin, or Seifert.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Fans always say D. Sanders was our greatest but I agree with you about Renfro. He was named to the All-Pro team 9 consecutive seasons if I recall correctly. His stats are from 12 and 14 season games yet his interceptions were extremely high. Oh yeah and he was a great punt returner. D. Sanders lacks one thing that makes him finish behind Renfro: He was allergic to tackling.
he was an all-pro at cb and s.
like cornell green.
helluva feat.

Big_D

Reaction score

Hell no. I liked Deion, but he was a rental. Jerrys prize cause he couldn't win it drafting or building a team. If you can't beat'em, join'em. A great first FA splash if you're gonna do it, but Jerry had to do it. No way I put him ahead of Renfro. Don't get me wrong Deion was great but Renfro.... a RB in college, then went to the Cowboys and played 6 years at safety, then 8 at corner starting at the age of 29. That is impressive!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It should happen at some point. As time goes by more people realize Jimmy Johnson was ready to leave the Cowboys anyway; no matter what Jerry said or did. Jimmy himself admitted to that. Johnson never stayed at one coaching spot, college or pro, more than five years before he mentally burnt himself out.

Can't see Jimmy leaving of his own accord with a Threepeat and NFL history on the line.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Hell no. I liked Deion, but he was a rental. Jerrys prize cause he couldn't win it drafting or building a team. If you can't beat'em, join'em. A great first FA splash if you're gonna do it, but Jerry had to do it. No way I put him ahead of Renfro. Don't get me wrong Deion was great but Renfro.... a RB in college, then went to the Cowboys and played 6 years at safety, then 8 at corner starting at the age of 29. That is impressive!

Amen brother!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why is Jimmy Johnson so conspicuously missing from the Cowboys Ring of Honor after all these years? After all, he is the architect that built a 3x Super Bowl champion (Barry S. won that 3rd one with the foundation Jimmy already had in place).

- Perplexed in Dallas
I think he will be eventually

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's very easy to assign credit for those three Super Bowls.
  1. Jerry Credit: He hired Jimmy and signed paychecks
  2. Jimmy Credit: He built the team that won three and in his contract he explicitly had the final say in ALL football matters
I mean its not that easy because Jerry hired Jimmy but Jimmy built the team. Which is why you have the tug of war. Maybe Jimmy feels he could've done it with another owner. I just think it was a match made in heaven.....