Tell me Again Why The Architect of 3 Super Bowls is not in the ROH?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cause the Cowboys ROH isn’t honorable anymore. Jethro doesn’t induct anyone unless he hears they’re going into HOF and doesn’t want to be embarrassed they aren’t in ROH. Complete buffoon.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Its sucks man because I don't believe Jimmy could've done what he did without Jerry and the Cowboys couldn't' have done what they did without Jimmy. Not sure why one has to get credit for those rings. It was a collective effort...nevermind all the great assistant coaches we had and players that contributed to it.
I think if Jimmy had been hired by another team and given full control like he had with cowboys, that team would have had the SB wins.
Jimmy hired the asst coaches, and they were good, and he did the trades, and drafting. He motivated the players,
and managed the games. He was on a mission at that point in time.You could say he was hot and ready at that point in time.

My question to you is if jerry had hired Switzer in 89 as HC, and GM, do you really think he builds a team that wins
1 SB? much less 3 SB's?
I doubt that they would even have made it to a SB.
Jimmy was the key ingredient in that "collective effort" without him no SB wins.

People forget that the nfc east was a very tough div back then, the east teams won all the SB's in the early 90's except the one SF won.
And that was the div that jimmy came into , he knew being good wasnt good enough in that div, he had to build a great team.
Now days the east is the weakest div and JG and jerry, could not build a SB team and we saw how bad mike did last year.
And this is with a weak nfc east, just imagine if it was as tough as it was back in the 90's !
It would be like dallas being in a div with the packers, NO,Rams,and the current TB team, how would they do in a div like that?

GINeric

Reaction score
Why is Jimmy Johnson so conspicuously missing from the Cowboys Ring of Honor after all these years? After all, he is the architect that built a 3x Super Bowl champion (Barry S. won that 3rd one with the foundation Jimmy already had in place).

- Perplexed in Dallas

Thats a great question because he helped to build something special here. With that said, I dont give Jimmy Johnson FULL credit for the 3rd Superbowl win just partial credit. He was a damn good architect but, where was his architect skills when he coached the Dolphins??? Why didn't he build three Superbowl teams there? Jimmy deserves partial credit for the third trophy but not as much as people like to give him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think if Jimmy had been hired by another team and given full control like he had with cowboys, that team would have had the SB wins.
Jimmy hired the asst coaches, and they were good, and he did the trades, and drafting. He motivated the players,
and managed the games. He was on a mission at that point in time.You could say he was hot and ready at that point in time.

My question to you is if jerry had hired Switzer in 89 as HC, and GM, do you really think he builds a team that wins
1 SB? much less 3 SB's?
I doubt that they would even have made it to a SB.
Jimmy was the key ingredient in that "collective effort" without him no SB wins.

People forget that the nfc east was a very tough div back then, the east teams won all the SB's in the early 90's except the one SF won.
And that was the div that jimmy came into , he knew being good wasnt good enough in that div, he had to build a great team.
Now days the east is the weakest div and JG and jerry, could not build a SB team and we saw how bad mike did last year.
And this is with a weak nfc east, just imagine if it was as tough as it was back in the 90's !
It would be like dallas being in a div with the packers, NO,Rams,and the current TB team, how would they do in a div like that?
If we had hired Switzter? I don’t think so. Didn’t Jimmy have the keys to the castle in Miami? What happened there?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jerry’s ego. If he does that it’s almost admitting that it was Jimmy and not him. Jerrah still believes it was mostly him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we had hired Switzter? I don’t think so. Didn’t Jimmy have the keys to the castle in Miami? What happened there?
First of all the Dolphins owner didn’t allow Jimmy to make a blockbuster trade he wanted to with an aging Marino.

Jimmy basically didn’t have the same authority as he had in Dallas to build the team which Jethro deserves credit for allowing Jimmy to do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First of all the Dolphins owner didn’t allow Jimmy to make a blockbuster trade he wanted to with an aging Marino.

Jimmy basically didn’t have the same authority as he has in Dallas to build the team which Jethro deserves credit for allowing Jimmy to do.
That’s exactly my point though. Jimmy couldn’t get it done in Miami because of lack of ownership. They needed each other.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s exactly my point though. Jimmy couldn’t get it done in Miami because of lack of ownership. They needed each other.
Of course . Jimmy had full control . Big difference than in Miami.

I often argued back in 1989 that I didn’t think if Tex was still GM if he’d of traded his best player , Herschel. That trade was crucial of course but much like Dolphins owner he wasn’t willing to let go of his best and most popular player in Marino.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course . Jimmy had full control . Big difference than in Miami.

I often argued back in 1989 that I didn’t think if Tex was still GM if he’d of traded his best player , Herschel. That trade was crucial of course but much like Dolphins owner he wasn’t willing to let go of his best and most popular player in Marino.
It’s also worth noting that just because they would’ve got rid of Marino doesn’t mean it would’ve resulted in success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s also worth noting that just because they would’ve got rid of Marino doesn’t mean it would’ve resulted in success.
You never know. But you were the one asking what happened. Like I said , that’s a good place to start.

Big_D

Reaction score

No it doesn't but Marino was a shell of himself and they still won 2 playoff games. In one of those 4 seasons he threw 12 TDs. I don't see how an owner can ask a guy to build his team and then make sentimental decisions like this. Specially when you went out and got THE guy who just pulled off a record trade and built a dynasty! Keeping Marino absolutely hurt that team more than it helped. And he still brought in guys like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. And again won 2 playoff games in 4 years. Cowboys nailed that down in 25.

And at the end of his 4 years in MIA they were never set at QB. And they would've been. I don't doubt that.

ArtClink

Reaction score

my point is Jimmy built such a dynasty juggernaut that all Switzer had to do was just let the team run on auto pilot cause the roster was likely the best Cowboys roster ever assembled (77 roster was up there too).
Regarding winning another Super Bowl with another franchise, has any nfl coach over the past 50 years done that? If so, the list is very short.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No it doesn't but Marino was a shell of himself and they still won 2 playoff games. In one of those 4 seasons he threw 12 TDs. I don't see how an owner can ask a guy to build his team and then make sentimental decisions like this. Specially when you went out and got THE guy who just pulled off a record trade and built a dynasty! Keeping Marino absolutely hurt that team more than it helped. And he still brought in guys like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. And again won 2 playoff games in 4 years. Cowboys nailed that down in 25.

And at the end of his 4 years in MIA they were never set at QB. And they would've been. I don't doubt that.

I mean its Dan Marino.....one of the best QB's of all time......trading him would've took balls.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
my point is Jimmy built such a dynasty juggernaut that all Switzer had to do was just let the team run on auto pilot cause the roster was likely the best Cowboys roster ever assembled (77 roster was up there too).
Regarding winning another Super Bowl with another franchise, has any nfl coach over the past 50 years done that? If so, the list is very short.
I'm not denying Jimmy's impact. My belief is that both he and Jerry took part in how that Cowboys team became a Dynasty...we can argue about who did the most work but they needed each other. So for me I can't really understand the "fight" for credit in regards to those rings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cause the Cowboys ROH isn’t honorable anymore. Jethro doesn’t induct anyone unless he hears they’re going into HOF and doesn’t want to be embarrassed they aren’t in ROH. Complete buffoon.
Who's not in the ROH that should be at this point?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You never know. But you were the one asking what happened. Like I said , that’s a good place to start.
I mean it was rhetorical I know why Jimmy failed in MIami....I think we're giving too much credit to the owners in the NFL at that time...you could argue at that time Jerry was one of the best if not the best...Not many had the balls to do what he did in okaying the Hershel trade and even hiring Jimmy to begin with over Landry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who's not in the ROH that should be at this point?
There’s a long list. Some from Landry era and several from this era.

The ROH I’d argue has been diminished in Jethro era. He rarely has inducted anyone until it was clear they were entering the HOF.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean it was rhetorical I know why Jimmy failed in MIami....I think we're giving too much credit to the owners in the NFL at that time...you could argue at that time Jerry was one of the best if not the best...Not many had the balls to do what he did in okaying the Hershel trade and even hiring Jimmy to begin with over Landry.
It was a risk . I’ve always argued Jethro deserves as much credit for Jimmy as he does blame for since.