Tell me Again Why The Architect of 3 Super Bowls is not in the ROH?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Why is Jimmy Johnson so conspicuously missing from the Cowboys Ring of Honor after all these years? After all, he is the architect that built a 3x Super Bowl champion (Barry S. won that 3rd one with the foundation Jimmy already had in place).

- Perplexed in Dallas
there seems to be momentum to get Jimmy in

Silly

Reaction score
The way Jerry was talking during some interviews this training camp, it sounds like he is beginning to soften up on the subject. Possible we could see it happen soon. :shrug:

Maybe once Jerry wins his own super bowl? 23 years and counting...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's going to happen, I can't wait till it does so you people will quit whining about it. :angry:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was an outstanding moment. I still get choked up every time I watch it. Jimmy was an awesome coach with the Dallas Cowboys. Perfect coach at the perfect time.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's obvious that Jimmy was 100% responsible for the success of the 90s Cowboys as evidenced by all the success he had post Dallas.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is Jimmy Johnson so conspicuously missing from the Cowboys Ring of Honor after all these years? After all, he is the architect that built a 3x Super Bowl champion (Barry S. won that 3rd one with the foundation Jimmy already had in place).

- Perplexed in Dallas
Jerry's house, Jerry rules......

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they need an additional ROH, the Ring Of Horror, for players like Pozderac, LaFluer, Charleton, Carver and Campo. Yes, I know, I didn't bring up Garrett, trying to keep y'all calm.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------I like these fake angst posts.
Now we get to disparage Jerry, his ego and his attempts to smooth things over. So far, Jimmy is having none of it and is focused on the HOF.
But Jimmy's invitation to the ROH will happen in the next couple of years.
Now let us complain about ... big, dubious contracts that put pressure on the cap. Or Rowdy.

What makes you so sure that this is gonna happen in the next couple of years? NOTHING indicates that it will....Booger is too self conscious of his failures without Jimmy to suffer the embarrassment of the reaction Jimmy will get at the ceremony. There is a better chance of Azz Whip (Rowdy) being inducted to the ROH than Jimmy.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
If the fans make enough noise, Jerry will have to put him in. Start doing chants at the home games and see how fast it happens.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it is obvious that jerry is still holding a grudge against jimmy, it is the only explanation it hasnt happened long ago,
much less now.
I dont see it happening until after jimmy passes on or jerry does.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I mean technically he already is lol.......y'all didn't see this last year?

jimmy said it is nice to be appreciated , .......by everyone except jerry !
He thanked all his coaches and players, but no mention of jerry lol.

Funny thing is jerry is going to be at HOF game where jimmy is inducted, so curious if he will be involved or not.