Tennessee Titans ideal trade target from the Dallas Cowboys

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Keep everyone and let Dak walk.

Seriously if we fail this year I'm ready to let Dak walk, trade Zeke and let Amari walk. Build around the defense.

Yup! You are an awesome GM. Jerry should have let Aikman & Emmitt walk too early on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they are talking premium picks I’d listen. But if we are going to be realistic...it’s probably 5th or 6th rounders and in a year I plan on doing well? Or rather have the talent. They aren’t under contract long enough for someone to trade good picks for:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The suggestion that the Dallas Cowboys are facing a cap crunch nightmare at the end of this season is a fallacy that ignores that 2020 is designated the "Final League Year" in the current CBA. That means contract rules are different that year, especially when it comes to long-term contracts. You can bet Stephen Jones is well aware of these special circumstance and will take advantage of every one of them.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26073422/nfl-cba-quirks-a-big-effect-2020-offseason

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
They’re not getting Woods. Not for sale.

Collins isn’t very likely either.
I’d take a 2nd for LC. He’s a pedestrian RT and we did him no favors putting him over there. He should’ve stayed at LG. Fleming could do just as well at RT.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Keep everyone and let Dak walk.

Seriously if we fail this year I'm ready to let Dak walk, trade Zeke and let Amari walk. Build around the defense.

That post could get a thousand likes here and there'd still be zero chance of it happening.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ratliff played it because he was reluctant to move to DE in the 3-4. and the present coaches then were probably too much of a wussies to force his azz to
move to where they more preferred him to be. :eek:

He started out playing DE. He wasn't as good as Spears or Canty. He got on the field by making the move to NT. He played fairly well as a NT going to 4 pro-bowls and gaining one all-pro season. He then went to Chicago and played NT for them as well. I guess those coaches were wussies, too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
by Will Lomas 7 hours ago

Do the Tennessee Titans want to go after the big name or the small trade?
The Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys are similar in a lot of ways, so it makes sense that there are actually two trade targets that the teams could discuss.

One of the big similarities between the two teams is that the Dallas Cowboys are also facing a cap crunch nightmare at the end of this season.

The difference there is that the Titans actually have some people signed after next year but it really feels like a huge chunk of the starters on both sides of the ball for the Cowboys are up for grabs after this season.

According to OTC, the Cowboys have 14 players set to hit free agency after this year that played 40% or more snaps. Compare that to just 10 from the Titans.

The big name stands out because he seems like one of the players in the NFL most likely to be moved before the season, La’el Collins.

The former LSU lineman had all the potential coming out in the 2015 NFL Draft and it looks like he finally lived up to that potential this year. However, the Cowboys are going to lose him to free agency after this year.

Very dumb blog article. One of the most uninformed that I've seen in a while.

Woods didn't make the Titans roster because they switched to a 3-4 defense and Woods was bad fit in that scheme.

Why would the Cowboys want to trade away a low cost projected starter. That's the type of player they look to add to the roster.

The Cowboys have loaded up to win now. They're not thinking about removing talent for the roster.

La'el Collins is the staring RT until somebody proves they can beat him out.

Even then, the depth at OT is a big concern considering Tyron's injury issues the past few years.

McGovern has not even taken a snap in a pre-season game.

In the unlikely event that the Cowboys trade Collins, it would highly likely NOT be before the season.

If during the season Connor Williams had won the RT spot AND LG looked great, then maybe, but it's still doubtful.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hoping we have a O-lineman to take his place. Williams or McGovern..

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, not unless they're willing to give up high draft picks.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not a fan of trading away any starters, but if someone called with a 2nd round pick it would be a no brainer. However, I doubt that's realistic and more than likely looking at a 4th. Rather keep Collins rather than that compensation. If he has a decent year could be looking at 3rd to 5th comp pick anyway.

Zordon

Reaction score
Lol so you want to be the Jaguars?
If a deal does not get done before this season and the Cowboys fail to make it to the conference championship (this is what I consider a failure) then you are still comfortable giving Dak a 30M+/yr contract?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
by Will Lomas 7 hours ago

Do the Tennessee Titans want to go after the big name or the small trade?
The Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys are similar in a lot of ways, so it makes sense that there are actually two trade targets that the teams could discuss.

One of the big similarities between the two teams is that the Dallas Cowboys are also facing a cap crunch nightmare at the end of this season.

The difference there is that the Titans actually have some people signed after next year but it really feels like a huge chunk of the starters on both sides of the ball for the Cowboys are up for grabs after this season.

According to OTC, the Cowboys have 14 players set to hit free agency after this year that played 40% or more snaps. Compare that to just 10 from the Titans.

The big name stands out because he seems like one of the players in the NFL most likely to be moved before the season, La’el Collins.

The former LSU lineman had all the potential coming out in the 2015 NFL Draft and it looks like he finally lived up to that potential this year. However, the Cowboys are going to lose him to free agency after this year.

Whoever wrote this has no grasp on the Cowboys situation