Tennessee Titans ideal trade target from the Dallas Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If a deal does not get done before this season and the Cowboys fail to make it to the conference championship (this is what I consider a failure) then you are still comfortable giving Dak a 30M+/yr contract?
Well I have no problem giving Dak the money. But you said get rid of Dak, Cooper Amare.....now that is excessive.

Zordon

Reaction score
Well I have no problem giving Dak the money. But you said get rid of Dak, Cooper Amare.....now that is excessive.
Dak - I think he needs to prove himself this year for 30m type of money

Zeke - not comfortable giving him big money. maybe if he was a saquon type off the field then yeah. but in general the good teams like the Patriots do not pay big money to RBs.

Amari - he's not a top 5 receiver but wants that kind of money. I'll reconsider of he goes off this season. He's getting a lot of hype going into this season

CWR

Reaction score
We aren't facing a "huge cap crunch." We managed the cap wisely for this scenario and we will keep who we want to keep.

The comparison seems a bit ridiculous to me, Dallas is a much better team and has spent the last several years preparing for the next couple off seasons.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We aren't facing a "huge cap crunch." We managed the cap wisely for this scenario and we will keep who we want to keep.

The comparison seems a bit ridiculous to me, Dallas is a much better team and has spent the last several years preparing for the next couple off seasons.
I agree but they beat us last season.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Zeke - not comfortable giving him big money. maybe if he was a saquon type off the field then yeah. but in general the good teams like the Patriots do not pay big money to RBs.

Amari - he's not a top 5 receiver but wants that kind of money. I'll reconsider of he goes off this season. He's getting a lot of hype going into this season
You pay guys what they are worth to your team. You can’t pay them based on what everyone else is getting because everyone else is going to get their money.

Zordon

Reaction score
You pay guys what they are worth to your team. You can’t pay them based on what everyone else is getting because everyone else is going to get their money.
What are they worth if they can't get to the conference finals this year. I'm telling you man this is a big year not only for the puppet head coach but some of the players too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What are they worth if they can't get to the conference finals this year. I'm telling you man this is a big year not only for the puppet head coach but some of the players too.
It’s a big year for everyone. If they underachieve it’s probably going to be the coach gone before the personnel.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Patriots are using 13M in cap space for the RB position this season.

JustChip

Reaction score
Given the on again, off again status of tyron smith, I'm not sure the cowboys would be in any hurry to get rid of collins. Right now I'd say his value is what he can do for us this year.
It’s not even anything with Smith, it’s about not giving up quality depth for the hope of something equal or better in the future. Remember, last year at this time there was no inkling of what was to come with Fredbeard. Get through TC & evaluate the situation at that time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the addition of Connor McGovern makes Collins a good candidate for a trade. With Collins being a FA after the season, it seems getting compensation now would be a good ideal

pgreptom

Reaction score
what kinda reefer yall toking, lael for a 1st? what???

a 3rd-4th is about right for la'el, ?maybe? a 2nd with a 6th round swap or something.

woods came to us a FA, had a decent year. teams will wait until roster cut down time and pick players like woods up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the addition of Connor McGovern makes Collins a good candidate for a trade. With Collins being a FA after the season, it seems getting compensation now would be a good ideal

I thnk it would have to mean that Connor Williams was getting reps at right tackle immediately to start training camp as the immediate replacement, with McGovern getting reps at left guard. If we see that, I could see the possibility of Collins being moved. But given his salary, his production, and the prospect of getting a comp pick following next year, I don't think the Cowboys could ever get the appropriate compensation to trade him this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I thnk it would have to mean that Connor Williams was getting reps at right tackle immediately to start training camp as the immediate replacement, with McGovern getting reps at left guard. If we see that, I could see the possibility of Collins being moved. But given his salary, his production, and the prospect of getting a comp pick following next year, I don't think the Cowboys could ever get the appropriate compensation to trade him this year.

I agree. Just my opinion I think Conner Williams future is at tackle, that is where he has excelled when at UT and I would hope that is where the Cowboys put him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Just my opinion I think Conner Williams future is at tackle, that is where he has excelled when at UT and I would hope that is where the Cowboys put him.

I most definitely agree with you, and I also agree that I'd have him playing there this year, at least to some degree. I think we can safely assume that the long term plan involves Williams at right tackle and I'd rather be proactive with that and get him some work there now rather than waiting until next year and hoping that he gets it enough in one offseason to go into the season with him as the projected starter there.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tennessee Titans ideal trade target from the Dallas Cowboys
by Will Lomas 7 hours ago

Do the Tennessee Titans want to go after the big name or the small trade?
The Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys are similar in a lot of ways, so it makes sense that there are actually two trade targets that the teams could discuss.

One of the big similarities between the two teams is that the Dallas Cowboys are also facing a cap crunch nightmare at the end of this season.

The difference there is that the Titans actually have some people signed after next year but it really feels like a huge chunk of the starters on both sides of the ball for the Cowboys are up for grabs after this season.

According to OTC, the Cowboys have 14 players set to hit free agency after this year that played 40% or more snaps. Compare that to just 10 from the Titans.

The big name stands out because he seems like one of the players in the NFL most likely to be moved before the season, La’el Collins.

The former LSU lineman had all the potential coming out in the 2015 NFL Draft and it looks like he finally lived up to that potential this year. However, the Cowboys are going to lose him to free agency after this year.
HELL TO THE NO!! You do not mess with chemistry for a Super Bowl run. See 1994 with losing Johnson, Norton, Gogan, and Gesek.