Twitter: Terence Steele on his performance vs Philly

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm all for "He is hurt, lets not cut him yet" and I'm also all for "Your too hurt to play, rehab up, we are going to fill someone in that is not gonna get QB1 killed while you do".

visionary

Reaction score
This guy had to make the team as an undrafted fa, then was thrown into the fire and really struggled. Last yr he was one of our best lineman due to his work ethic.
Yeah but now he got paid
Usual response from Cowboys players is to disappear once theyre paid
Injury or not he is the worst OL starting
Like i said, if hes on the field he is accountable and saying “it got slippy” at the most critical moment of the biggest game so far is not an excuse

Beaker42

Reaction score
This year is going to be a difficult one for Steele. We know he can play, but he has not overcome the mental and physical obstacles to recovery from that injury. It was a nasty one, too. Throw in a new OL coach to add numerous wrinkles to the blocking scheme, and all I can say is, where the hell is the help for this guy?
He didn’t deserve the deal at that time. This FO blows.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Does being a visionary mean typing blinky when meaning to type binky you dumb F
There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

The Honor Code at the US Air Force Academy was: I will not lie, steal, or cheat...nor tolerate those that do.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
For all the Tyron haters, he came off the bench and DOMINATED. For me, this game solidified him as a HOF tackle. I mean...it jumps off the screen. I see why they keep Tyron around...he's a freaking unicorn.

Steele...meh...

Blackrain

Reaction score
If you let yourself “get sloppy there at the end” with the most important game on the line then you are a true Jerrys Cowboy

Would expect nothing less from a Jerrys Cowboy who got over paid
Yep just won an a long line of Jerry's Cowboys to get paid and then fall off the wagon granted he did have an injury but his play has done a complete 180

vicjagger

Reaction score
That is an immensely dissapointing attitude. To treat it as "a bad day at the office" & "a little sloppy" is both clueless & careless.

He needs external discipline, because he's obviously lacking it from within.

Jarntt

Reaction score

I think sloppy sums it up and it did look like even a concentration issue. He just looked like he was overthinking it. There were a couple plays where the only way to be as far away from blocking his man was if he was guessing and guessed wrong. They need to settle him down and get him back to where he was pre-injury because every opponent will have watched that tape and they are going to be targeting him all day, every day.

silvernblu

Reaction score
If you let yourself “get sloppy there at the end” with the most important game on the line then you are a true Jerrys Cowboy

Would expect nothing less from a Jerrys Cowboy who got over paid
I’m sure he didn’t realize how tone deaf that came off as.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
I am one fan that is not placing 100% of the blame solely on Terrence Steele. It is fair to say he had a bad game - as he would admit - and it's also fair to say that he has struggled this season. But I place most of the blame on the two primary factors that have plagued this team for several years - the front office and coaching. Unfortunately, one of them can't be changed and that is the front office. I am sure that most of us agree that it would benefit Steele and his teammates if he took a short sabbatical to get healthier, but that would mean that someone like Richards or Waltezko would play in his spot. And as I have pointed out in other posts, on this team a player making hundreds of thousands of dollars doesn't play over a player making millions of dollars - regardless of performance. The second factor comes down to coaching. The coaches may not ultimately decide who starts, but they can scheme to help out players who are struggling, or not having their best day at the office. We have seen this before. Dak had to be sacked 6 times from a has-been Atlanta DE for someone to figure out, hey maybe the LT that day (Chaz Green) needs some help. One would think that after seeing Steele get beat twice on the previous drive against the Eagles, that on the last drive, they would put a TE on that side to help out Steele and to give Dak an extra second or two. But the attitude (culture) on this team is that you are expected to win your matchup one-on-one, 100% of the time. Winning teams and winning cultures understand that sometimes you need to help out other players who are struggling; or simply at a disadvantage against whom they are lining up against. I am sure that even Zack Martin needs help at times when he is facing an Aaron Donald. One last observation - that's not put all the blame on Steele. If you go back and watch the second to last drive whereby Dak was sacked on two consecutive plays, you will notice that had Barnett not gotten to Dak first, he would have been sacked a half-second later by whomever was coming up the middle. Biadasz had a pretty bad day against Philly as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah but now he got paid
Like i said, if hes on the field he is accountable and saying “it got slippy” at the most critical moment of the biggest game so far is not an excuse
He is a coming off of major surgery injury

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah but now he got paid
Hang on.....
1) He IS coming off a ACL
2) We paid him, to a team friendly (on Total Guaranteed money), in part due to the injury...... (for CAP Deniers, ignore that bit)
3) If he doesnt play, who is the upgrade?
4) Assuming we were looking at playing probably the best D-Line in football, you'd think we'd of planned up contingencies for everyone of out O-Line struggling.....rather than leave them on an island (or even planned a number of sweeps to negate the struggle).

visionary

Reaction score
Hang on.....
1) He IS coming off a ACL
2) We paid him, to a team friendly (on Total Guaranteed money), in part due to the injury...... (for CAP Deniers, ignore that bit)
3) If he doesnt play, who is the upgrade?
4) Assuming we were looking at playing probably the best D-Line in football, you'd think we'd of planned up contingencies for everyone of out O-Line struggling.....rather than leave them on an island (or even planned a number of sweeps to negate the struggle).
There are always 2 sides

1. No one else was paying him this money coming off major injury and surgery
2. If we hadnt paid him we would have paid a healthy RT who would actually be healthy and would have been an upgrade
3. Brandon Graham had zero sacks this year before this one. You dont ‘help’ a guy going up against a DE with zero sacks
4. At that point in that game you cant “get sloppy” that is just a moronic excuse by him

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There are always 2 sides

1. No one else was paying him this money coming off major injury and surgery
2. If we hadnt paid him we would have paid a healthy RT who would actually be healthy and would have been an upgrade
3. Brandon Graham had zero sacks this year before this one. You dont ‘help’ a guy going up against a DE with zero sacks
4. At that point in that game you cant “get sloppy” that is just a moronic excuse by him
The number one rule of our CAP strategy (like it or not) is that we cant afford to compete on the open market and therefore we have to extend players.

Secondly, we couldnt go into the next offseason needing 3 O-Line men, so they went cheap on the injured option.

So you plan for what you've seen and dont or arent able to face in-game problems.....I suppose that was akin to our failure to cope with the 49ers who, out of nowhere, played press.

Im not excusing Steele, but he's coming back from an injury, there's no upgrade on the bench and sometimes you need to make in game changes when something's not working )or you turn the weakness into a strength (and play RPO, off Graham)