Terence Steele working out

T-RO

Reaction score
This lessens the need for drafting another 1st rd offensive lineman. Yes, they need a contingent plan when Tyron misses time, which he,will, but that can be found later in the draft or even fa. All we need is a spot starting Guard.

I would guess the starting O-Line will look like this:
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Tyler Smith*
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Terrence Steele

Backup Tackles: Waletzko, Ball
Backup Guard: Edoga, Farniok, Draftee?
Backup Center: Hoffman? Lindstrom?

Super starting group. No holes. Don't really know how Cowboys feel about those young backups or possible draftee candidates.

*Some might say Tyler Smith stays at Tackle, which of course raises urgency for drafting starting Guard.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Super starting group. No holes. Don't really know how Cowboys feel about those young backups or possible draftee candidates.

*Some might say Tyler Smith stays at Tackle, which of course raises urgency for drafting starting Guard.
Tyron did not come back to sit on the bench. I noticed the local media is driving the narrative that they want Tyler to start at left tackle. Makes no sense because Tyron is a better left tackle then Tyler.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Maybe he's putting it out there for other teams? Remember he only has a rd2 tender. If fans are excited what will other teams start thinking. Dallas does have the right to match offer tho.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Tyron did not come back to sit on the bench. I noticed the local media is driving the narrative that they want Tyler to start at left tackle. Makes no sense because Tyron is a better left tackle then Tyler.
I think he will be a very good LT but I think he would be a hof LG.

T-RO

Reaction score

Agree. Tyler Smith was drafted as tackle/guard. Sure down the road he's a tackle. But Tyron Smith is HOF tackle...can still play at HOF level when healthy. Don't make the old dog learn new tricks.

Tyler is a mauler and a natural puller, which makes me think he's better at guard for the immediate situ

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agree. Tyler Smith was drafted as tackle/guard. Sure down the road he's a tackle. But Tyron Smith is HOF tackle...can still play at HOF level when healthy. Don't make the old dog learn new tricks.

Tyler is a mauler and a natural puller, which makes me think he's better at guard for the immediate situ
Also an offensive line of Tyron, Tyler, Badacz, Martin and Steele is a top 5 starting line in the NFL.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Farniok can play either Guard or Center, but you would think they would like to add another future, starting guard.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Tyler practiced all Spring and Summer to be a guard. Amazing that he was able to hold his own at tackle.
Agree 100% it's a good problem to have. Instantly became a fan of his when he chose 73, Allen is my 3rd favorite player after hershal and emmitt

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agree 100% it's a good problem to have. Instantly became a fan of his when he chose 73, Allen is my 3rd favorite player after hershal and emmitt
Do you listen to the Draft Show? They did a mock that had Robinson fall to the Cowboys. I was hoping they would do a real mock but the young lady screwed up the mock by reaching on like about three players. You guys do better mocks and study the players more then guys getting paid on a show. Disappointing…….

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Do you listen to the Draft Show? They did a mock that had Robinson fall to the Cowboys. I was hoping they would do a real mock but the young lady screwed up the mock by reaching on like about three players. You guys do better mocks and study the players more then guys getting paid on a show. Disappointing…….
I haven't yet. Yeah they put their personal preference into the picks sometimes instead of looking at what the team is saying. Broadus is the main culprit lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This lessens the need for drafting another 1st rd offensive lineman.
Maybe. The Cowboy have always known Steele would be returning at some point. So that shouldn't influence their decision. But they need to add young talent and they know it. So likelihood of them drafting a OL in the first 3 rounds hasn't changed. First round? We'll see but if that is the highest player on their board they will grab him.