Terence Steele working out

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
More than "possible." Unless something extraordinary occurs it's almost a lock.

I've repeated this numerous times, but the current ACL recovery timeline isn't a full year, as it once might have been. A 2016 study of 80 amateur athletes showed 80 percent returned to sports after an eight-month period. Pro athletes get the best doctors and therapists. Newer procedures are reducing that time down even further.

Date of Injury: Dec 11
7 months later: June 11
8 months later: Jul 11
9 months later: Aug 11

As we can see he's already well into his recovery and it's not even April. He'll have full movement and strength back before camp.

Link:
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...duce-rehab-recovery/oi08c2atsu6m1fww2ezjamav8
One of the main things is just trusting the leg after it heals. That's harder to do with skill positions where there is a lot of torque on the knee from planting and cutting. It can take a while mentally for players to get back to where they fully trust it and comfortable with it. Linemen have more of an advantage there.

T-RO

Reaction score
One of the main things is just trusting the leg after it heals. That's harder to do with skill positions where there is a lot of torque on the knee from planting and cutting. It can take a while mentally for players to get back to where they fully trust it and comfortable with it. Linemen have more of an advantage there.

Yes, and for those who want to compare Gallup...let's not forget some facts:

-January 2023 surgeries revealed that Michael had a lot more on his plate than just his ACL from the previous season. Gallup needed surgical work on both his other knee and his ankle.
-Steele will have much more time in his return compared to Gallup

Creeper

Reaction score
This is what is good about Steele, he is a hard worker. Maybe he wasn't the most talented guy coming out of college, but he worked himself into the shape he needed to be in to be a very good RT in the NFL.

T-RO

Reaction score
Yeah, but you could really see Gallup's knee looking bendy when he ran.. like it wasn't all the way healed just yet.

He had two other leg injuries requiring surgery. Knee and ankle. So yeah, he was running funny at the end of the season and in playoffs.

This forum has latched onto a wonky narratives that ACL's are mortal blows and that Gallup is forever a gimp. Perhaps Gallup will be injury prone in the future, but if he doesn't incur new injuries I expect a nice bounce back season for him.

Qcard

Reaction score
Excellent!!

Now I await the Tape of Micah vs Steele One on One.

Should be a problem since Aiyuk took Parson's Mane

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah, but you could really see Gallup's knee looking bendy when he ran.. like it wasn't all the way healed just yet.
him being a wr, I was always skeptical. But with a tackle like Steele, being 320 pounds, moving like that with his weight shifting, I find that impressive. Its just march. Maybe in September, he will be ready week 1.

Hadenough

Reaction score
OLinemen have tremendous leg strength. Roberto Garza started at center for the Falcons and Bears for many years. He did not have an ACL in either leg. It was discovered during a physical his free agent year..went on to start in a SB for the Bears. Steele may be ready for the season. That would be great.
John Elway played without having an ACL in his legs either. Both were torn by the time he made it to the NFL.

Jarntt

Reaction score
With week one 5 1/2 months away I guess only a set back would make him miss any regular season games. Seeing as he is already doing those drills that stress his knee a little (most of the stress is that video on the right knee, not the injured left knee, but still) I suspect he would be able to play even if the season began a few weeks earlier. Thanks for posting this

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He may be ready to go game one
That would be pretty amazing
It is great to see Steele back working out. Realistically it will probably be sometime in October. Looking good in a short film where he’s not wearing pads vs working against someone else for a few hours in game situations are completely different things.

Positive sign for sure but rushing a player back can too often lead to a set back. I look forward to Terance Steele’s return but not before he’s completely healed.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m just glad his body hasn’t rejected the prosthetic knee. He’ll be on meds the rest of his life.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He ended up hurting his knee and ankle in his other leg. That was the issue, not his repaired one.

Jan 31, 2023

Gallup had his right knee and right ankle both scoped, two people with knowledge of the session said Tuesday. Despite the minimally-invasive meniscus repair and ankle clean-up, the plan is for Gallup to be a full participant when the Cowboys formally reconvene in April for the start of their spring workout program.
bloggingtheboys.com/2023/1/31/23580728/cowboys-michael-gallup-arthroscopic-surgery-procedure-right-knee

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He may be ready to go game one
That would be pretty amazing
I expect him to start TC on PUP. It is what they usually do.
And that is ok with him, as they can evaluate other OL that way giving them some practice reps.

I think they could go the way they handled Gallup last year, however Steele could be ready game 1.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I expect him to start TC on PUP. It is what they usually do.
And that is ok with him, as they can evaluate other OL that way giving them some practice reps.

I think they could go the way they handled Gallup last year, however Steele could be ready game 1.
I think he could be ready for week one. Given the timeline, by comparison, it actually seems likely.

If they have a roster crunch issue, and/or one of the younger tackles shows promise over the summer, I can see them using PUP to work around that.

All else equal, I expect Steele to be ready to play in the opener. You have to figure he is going to push for that given his contract situation.

It’s amazing to me, that even when as an organization, you do something remarkable like hitting on a UDFA as an effective starter, you don’t reap the benefits for all that long. Seems like he barely got here and is close to up for FA already.

Jeez even in MLB, where the players union is fairly strong, it’s a six year wait on free agency. It’s apples and oranges, but the NFL and the PA ought to work something that benefits each side on that issue. It’s flawed on four years and gone given the amount of time and effort teams need to put into developing players…and I’m sure they know it and act accordingly.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Injuries and this forum are a funny relationship. We swear our timelines are all BS and guys will be out way longer than the medical/team statements say. In reality injuries are person by person, and more teams than just ours misjudge timelines. If you play fantasy you know this lol.

Obviously Jerry’s unbridled confidence is annoying, but when it comes to official team statements I don’t see why everyone is so skeptical of the official timelines given for players. Not to mention we have possibly the best training staff/surgical staff in football.
Dr. Jerry has scarred us. Now we’re insecure. Don’t blame us

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He had two other leg injuries requiring surgery. Knee and ankle. So yeah, he was running funny at the end of the season and in playoffs.

This forum has latched onto a wonky narratives that ACL's are mortal blows and that Gallup is forever a gimp. Perhaps Gallup will be injury prone in the future, but if he doesn't incur new injuries I expect a nice bounce back season for him.
I haven’t read or heard that before. What I did hear is that the reason why it they waited so long to do the surgery was to let the swelling go down which took a little longer than usual.