Terrance Steele was solid last night

blueblood70

Reaction score
He was facing their best pass rusher all night #7.
Hey man you're allowed your opinion I watched the game too and I'm telling you he got a lot of help he still struggled a little bit yes he was improved I'll give you that but he's still the weak point on the line... I didn't say you suck I'm just saying out of all our guys on the offensive line he's the weak point still he is not solidify the spot enough where I'm comfortable...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is what he is. A backup level player.
I disagree with this. Of course he isn't a standout player, but realistically O-lines aren't built on having a standout at all 5 positions. Even very good ones. Every O-line has players that may not be at the level of the better ones, but that doesn't make them incapable of being a solid starting player within the unit. And, realistically, the team and fans were pretty damned pleased with Steele before the injury last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I disagree with this. Of course he isn't a standout player, but realistically O-lines aren't built on having a standout at all 5 positions. Even very good ones. Every O-line has players that may not be at the level of the better ones, but that doesn't make them incapable of being a solid starting player within the unit. And, realistically, the team and fans were pretty damned pleased with Steele before the injury last year.
true I can agree with that that is true but he's still the weak link on this offensive line... But I'm one who says that all the time here go look at my post everyone expects to have a Pro Bowl or Hall of Fame player at every position and even worse they expect it from our depth I mean they think Michael Gallup should be playing like tyree kill or something.... It's ridiculous every time a guy has a bad game, they're like why we don't go out and get a better player... It's because you can't fill up a roster full of great players with a salary cap &53 active players.

This is why they're called backups or role players or in this case he's the fifth guy on the line he is somewhat of a weak link but you can't have great players at every position literally they wanna see another guy they wanna shuffle the line this is what they were talking about during the week and take steel off the field if you really think that the backup tackles the swing tackles on this team can play better they already would be on the field the coaches know better... Steeles bad games would probably be the backups best games This is why he's still on the field...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cool story.

Backup level player.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So, when our players on the DL make a good play, is it only because the opposing OL was trash?
The Cowboys DL dominated. Does that mean the Eagles' OL is garbage?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Unless your name was Tyron, they all had issues, but overall did a solid job.

Tyron was a man among boys
say it isn't so you mean the other target over here because he's old and often injured they've wanted this guy off the team for four straight years after he hurt his neck you should have seen social media light up why is tyron still on the field why is Jerry still like his guys Jerry is coddling in won't cut ties with players that are long past their prime well This is why when he's playing he's still one of the best tackles in the league I don't know why they don't let professionals like coaches and GM's and scouting determine who's still on the roster or not the fan base think they know more and they don't...

Everyone wants to get rid of Terrence steel tyron Smith and Michael Gallup but they don't realize that they're on this team because they can still contribute and they're all coming off injuries oh the other guy is Jordan Lewis... You just can't fill your team up with Pro Bowl players Hall of Fame players or better than what you have sometimes you just have to roll with what you got because you have to build a roster with a salary cap and this place just doesn't get it sometimes

oh and all those moves that that wonder boy GM and the Eagles made that everyone seems to think are great moves because their moves and Jerry made no moves those are not working out guys I mean the only genius move that Howie Roseman made that I can see that Jerry probably would never be willing to do is trade away Carson wentz he got a steel like he robbed whoever gave those draft picks up for Carson wentz outside of that Roseman does not do things that Jerry doesn't do Jerry has done everything including amari Cooper versus A.J. Brown those are the same types of moves....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I thought he struggled but he battled hard.
He is def still a little limited athletically after the injury it seems.
Going to need near perfect technique or he has/can be beaten.

OC and RT are definitely softer than the other 3 spots but would be pretty much regardless of who manned them.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well a lot more than the last time we played the birds; but still not enough. But then you give up something when you have to protect a player. I just hope he makes it all the way back to what he was before he was injured. He was an excellent run blocker and a good pass blocker. Good enough to win with. Now he is more often a liability in pass protection that risks getting Dak hurt.
He responded more straight line to the defender and maintained contact more consistency. He got lazy on a few plays. In the NFL, those don't come free. He has to be focused now, for all remaining games. Other wise, it becomes an issue of naive and overcoming a 'big man's' lazy responses. He hasn't studied enough film on the Eagles center. He'll hook it up more with time. He's a Cowboy offensive lineman.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I wrote before the game that the oline was the key,they held up well in both run and the pass game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Better but not solid.
He blew it several times and a couple of them could have had serious consequences.
Almost got Dak's knees blown apart on that one play. When I saw it live, for a split second my heart stopped.

Sydla

Reaction score
this makes me so happy as people had been writing his eulogy for a while now. love love love to see him out there and performing as himself. (knock on wood)
In fairness, the eulogy about Tyron wasnt tied to his play but rather the fact he just can't get through a season anymore without missing games.