Twitter: Terrell McClain to visit Cowboys

Jipper

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...homas-dream-might-not-be-over-yet-for-cowboys

Meanwhile, in the same week Witten quit showing up for #Cowboys work, Earl Thomas still hasn’t shown up for #Seahawks work. (Maybe naive Seattle fans think Earl’s also going into TV?) https://t.co/Cb1XTJijW9

What about Vacarro and DT?

That post was a week ago and just speculation right after the draft....there has literally been nothing out there tieing the two teams to a potential trade...also read more on the Seahawks working on an extension for et than anything else...also him not showing up to some work in May is a non starter....

Honestly if you have something that states they are talking or even a rumor from a source close then I would give a hint of life....but nothing is happening and there is nothing out there....

Vaccaro is more of a name I think then a fit from what I have read but could be wrong...not an expert on him...

Would love DT but think the FO is set on a wr by committee approach to take pressure off of dak

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All I can do is go off of the same information that you read and there isn't even a shread of evidence that the cowboys are working on a trade....if you have some information that proves otherwise I can certainly be persuaded....but based on current information out there id say calling the deal dead is very fair

Did ET show up for offseason conditioning or sign an extension?

You really do not see to know how this works. The reason why there was a flurry of activity is because the draft was imminent and it served as a soft deadline. What we don't know is if ET is going to play in Seattle. For all you know they are waiting for OTA, etc to happen so that we might become more desperate and raise our price.

As it is now, ET is not training so they have no additional liability so they can afford to wait. OTOH, until he starts acting like he is playing for them this year there is no reason to think that he is going to play there.

Jipper

Reaction score
Did ET show up for offseason conditioning or sign an extension?

You really do not see to know how this works. The reason why there was a flurry of activity is because the draft was imminent and it served as a soft deadline. What we don't know is if ET is going to play in Seattle. For all you know they are waiting for OTA, etc to happen so that we might become more desperate and raise our price.

As it is now, ET is not training so they have no additional liability so they can afford to wait. OTOH, until he starts acting like he is playing for them this year there is no reason to think that he is going to play there.

I love how you say I don't know how this works....when you make such an assumptive statement due to the fact that he's not working out there now...wwre not talking a ota hold out or even training camp hold out...

You guys are trying to see something in the tea leaves that just isn't there...show me some rumor or blog or anything other than pure speculation because you want ET so badly....

Trying to connect the dots to make your story work doesn't make the narrative any more accurate

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I love how you say I don't know how this works....when you make such an assumptive statement due to the fact that he's not working out there now...wwre not talking a ota hold out or even training camp hold out...

You guys are trying to see something in the tea leaves that just isn't there...show me some rumor or blog or anything other than pure speculation because you want ET so badly....

Trying to connect the dots to make your story work doesn't make the narrative any more accurate

Him holding out is reality. The nature of a team's liability when a player is not working out is what it is.

The deal is not off until ET returns to the team or he signs an extension. There are tangible reasons to believe that a deal is still possible.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
We want Earl Thomas. It's been reported we offered a 3rd.

Seattle wants to trade Earl Thomas to us. It's been reported they offered him for a 2nd.

Earl Thomas wants to be a Cowboy. There is video evidence of him telling Garrett to come get him.

We didn't draft a safety nor sign one in free agency. We only have 3 viable safeties on the roster, we will carry 4.

Earl Thomas hasn't shown up to any of the Seattle offseason workouts. It's been reported that Carroll doesn't know if he ever will or not.

Reading the tea leaves points to more evidence that an Earl Thomas trade is still possible than evidence that it is dead in the water.

Jipper

Reaction score
Him holding out is reality. The nature of a team's liability when a player is not working out is what it is.

The deal is not off until ET returns to the team or he signs an extension. There are tangible reasons to believe that a deal is still possible.

Look I get the fascination I really do, he would be a great player to have but seatrlr

Seattle wants to trade Earl Thomas to us. It's been reported they offered him for a 2nd.

Earl Thomas wants to be a Cowboy. There is video evidence of him telling Garrett to come get him.

We didn't draft a safety nor sign one in free agency. We only have 3 viable safeties on the roster, we will carry 4.

Earl Thomas hasn't shown up to any of the Seattle offseason workouts. It's been reported that Carroll doesn't know if he ever will or not.

Reading the tea leaves points to more evidence that an Earl Thomas trade is still possible than evidence that it is dead in the water.

You guys are crazy seriously you want this to happen so bad....what about the reports that came out saying Seattle is working on an extension? Those came out at the same time that the post draft rumor came out.

Again...until there is hard proof I'm not buying into any of the tea leave reading....if we were going to trade for him it was before the gallop pick.

You guys go ahead and keep speculating...if some real proof pops up of interest I'll bite but until then I see zero reason to think otherwise

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That post was a week ago and just speculation right after the draft....

Lmao, literally everything you'll read is speculation. There hasn't been a tradd yet, what in the world were you expecting? Everything is speculation. You know whose speculation matters the most? Todd Archer and Fisher. It was four days after the draft and six days ago, so the most current news you could possibly want. You wanted something more current than 6 days ago? Lol

there has literally been nothing out there tieing the two teams to a potential trade...

We offered our 3rd rounder for Thomas, and they wanted our 2nd. He's literally been tied to us all offseason.

also read more on the Seahawks working on an extension for et than anything else...also him not showing up to some work in May is a non starter....

They cant work on contract extension if he's not even there. They can claim they want it all they want, it doesnt mean a thing.

Honestly if you have something that states they are talking or even a rumor from a source close then I would give a hint of life....but nothing is happening and there is nothing out there....

Honestly you bring something to do the table, please anything? I gave you the two biggest insiders in the Cowboys universe, you dont link a thing, and then ask me to source even more? Lmao no dude. Fisher three days ago reported the Cowboys prefered McClain over Hankins. Three days later it's reported that McClain is meeting with us.

Vaccaro is more of a name I think then a fit from what I have read but could be wrong...not an expert on him...

Would love DT but think the FO is set on a wr by committee approach to take pressure off of dak

All in all that's real weak dude.

If you see a report saying that an ET3 trade will never happen, then link it. That's what you were expecting on my side it seems.

Jipper

Reaction score
All in all that's real weak dude.

If you see a report saying that an ET3 trade will never happen, then link it. That's what you were expecting on my side it seems.

Stop slinging crap like you are an expert and know something...there is nothing out there suggesting anything is going to happen. If there was I wouldn't be disagreeing with you trying to connect dots that aren't there.

And ET is under contract for the Seahawks he's not a fa.....so I don't have to speculate on where he is committed to play next year.

Jipper

Reaction score
I really enjoy skipping to the last page of comments to see how a thread has completely evolved into a conversation that has nothing to do with the original topic. It's really fascinating.

News is slim this time of year...what can we say!?

I'd be happy with McClain coming back at a fair price for sure! Hope the visit goes well

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Look I get the fascination I really do, he would be a great player to have but seatrlr

You guys are crazy seriously you want this to happen so bad....what about the reports that came out saying Seattle is working on an extension? Those came out at the same time that the post draft rumor came out.

Again...until there is hard proof I'm not buying into any of the tea leave reading....if we were going to trade for him it was before the gallop pick.

You guys go ahead and keep speculating...if some real proof pops up of interest I'll bite but until then I see zero reason to think otherwise

Has the extension happened yet?

No? the rest of your post is crap you made up.

ET is holding out. ET has not signed an extension. Those are facts and until that changes a trade is still possible.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

The only way I can see this working is once both FO's agreed on compensation, then there would have to be a sign and trade with the Cowboy's outlining the contract........no way would I give up a second or third rd pick for what could possibly end up being a one year rental.

Jipper

Reaction score
Has the extension happened yet?

No? the rest of your post is crap you made up.

ET is holding out. ET has not signed an extension. Those are facts and until that changes a trade is still possible.

Jesus your still at It? I made nothing up, all I said is you have no facts which is true....thete are no facts that indicate Dallas is still pursuing a trade...on the other hand he is under contract with Seattle for 2018 which I have pointed out.

Et is under contract for the Seahawks for 2018...if that changes or anything relevant comes up to change the status quo we can revisit...anything is possible but there is zero reason to believe anything will....really not sure why you are getting so riled up...you have nothing to go on and it's all speculation...however we do know the team he is under contract to play for this year.

Did I mention that he's under contract with Seattle...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jesus your still at It? I made nothing up, all I said is you have no facts which is true....thete are no facts that indicate Dallas is still pursuing a trade...on the other hand he is under contract with Seattle for 2018 which I have pointed out.

Et is under contract for the Seahawks for 2018...if that changes or anything relevant comes up to change the status quo we can revisit...anything is possible but there is zero reason to believe anything will....really not sure why you are getting so riled up...you have nothing to go on and it's all speculation...however we do know the team he is under contract to play for this year.

Did I mention that he's under contract with Seattle...

The trade could only happen before the Gallup pick: your fantasy. it is what it is.

And if you want the conversation to end then quit replying. Your the only one whining, I am just fine. And who says I am riled up? Maybe you are and that makes you think that I must be too but you would be wrong. I am capable of arguing without getting upset. You apparently cannot.

ET was under contract before. If he wasn't then a trade would not even be a consideration. Really all I see is that you want the trade to be over. Likely because you are emotional about it. Some of us do not have that issue.

Jipper

Reaction score
The trade could only happen before the Gallup pick: your fantasy. it is what it is.

And if you want the conversation to end then quit replying. Your the only one whining, I am just fine. And who says I am riled up? Maybe you are and that makes you think that I must be too but you would be wrong. I am capable of arguing without getting upset. You apparently cannot.

ET was under contract before. If he wasn't then a trade would not even be a consideration. Really all I see is that you want the trade to be over. Likely because you are emotional about it. Some of us do not have that issue.

Trade is not happening but hey keep holding out hope if it makes you feel better...i am fine if it magically happened and could care less that it hasn't

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Trade is not happening but hey keep holding out hope if it makes you feel better...i am fine if it magically happened and could care less that it hasn't

And now you are reduced to parroting your assertion without a thing to back it up. At least you stopped whining about it.

in the meantime, ET is still holding out and without an extension.

Jipper

Reaction score
And now you are reduced to parroting your assertion without a thing to back it up. At least you stopped whining about it.

in the meantime, ET is still holding out and without an

in the meantime, ET is still holding out and without an extension.

Hate to break it to you but the status quo is that ET stays with Seattle which I don't have to prove, he is signed and obligated to play there unless something changes.

Again all you are doing is speculating based on the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract and that he has not gone to some offseaaon training...there is no fact to prove anything is in the works with Dallas and Seattle to do a trade, why is up that so hard to understand?

Look...i dont agree with you and i dont think you are bringing any facts but just speculation...can we please stop having this debate and agree to disagree and go back to talking about mclain...

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I know... I've seen your women.

ZING!!!!

You almost forced my hand (and there is a lark of mischief there, somewhere) in revealing the identity of the bird in the cashmere sweater and sensible open-toe shoes. Go no further, submissive lad.:oops:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He became a good player for us WHEN he was finally healthy. Wouldnt he start at 1 and Collins slide over to 3? If so Id love it. I dont know what he played in Washington, but recall reading he wasnt a scheme fit there.

We all have our excuses, don't we?
Wot? Wot? Is that a story I hear of injury to him last year? How many games did he play for the lowly Skins?
Someone? Anyone?