Terrell Owens... First round HOF???

sjordan6

Reaction score
Owens is deadlock to enter the Hall of Fame and will be second only to marvin Harrison in terms numbers to Jerry Rice. Now it is obviously stupid to play the what if game but "what if" owens had a HOF QB like Manning to play with his entire career? Harrison is a great player and I am not diminishing his numbers but owens has put up great numbers and mostly it was him that made the qb more than the other way around.

In two more seasons Owens will be second or third ( only behind harrison) in receptions/yards/tds. If that is not first time ballot material then I dont know what it. But there will be controvesy as always. Only this time it will be how to change the voting system. Because Tim Brown and no ring Chris Carter will both be first time ballots but when owens comes up for the HOF he will not be voted in because of all this other stuff. he will have surpassed both brown and carter and hopefully had won a ring with the Cowboys but because of the dislike for him, NO! Next time.

AND then they will change the system to one that included top-five record holders guaranteed or something.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would agree that the media can and does go over board on any topic they cover TO include. However I would like to know the theory of why the media made TO out as a bad guy? Did they just wake up one morning and drew TO name out of a hat? From what I have seen in TO career he has been his own worst enemy and while the media may go over board they did not create the problems TO has faced in SF or in Philly nor have they forced him to make certain comments every where he has been. As for TO ability I agree I think he will one day make the HOF I have doubts it will be on a 1st ballot because of a lot of the distractions he has been apart of.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
sjordan6;1375938 said:
Owens is deadlock to enter the Hall of Fame and will be second only to marvin Harrison in terms numbers to Jerry Rice. Now it is obviously stupid to play the what if game but "what if" owens had a HOF QB like Manning to play with his entire career? Harrison is a great player and I am not diminishing his numbers but owens has put up great numbers and mostly it was him that made the qb more than the other way around.

In two more seasons Owens will be second or third ( only behind harrison) in receptions/yards/tds. If that is not first time ballot material then I dont know what it. But there will be controvesy as always. Only this time it will be how to change the voting system. Because Tim Brown and no ring Chris Carter will both be first time ballots but when owens comes up for the HOF he will not be voted in because of all this other stuff. he will have surpassed both brown and carter and hopefully had won a ring with the Cowboys but because of the dislike for him, NO! Next time.

AND then they will change the system to one that included top-five record holders guaranteed or something.

He could have played with a HOF QB. He very possibly could have made Garcia into a HOF QB had he not killed his career. He could have played with McNabb who will very possibly be a HOF QB as well. Romo, that story is still being written.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
:lmao2:
ologan;1370767 said:
When TO retires,does he make the HOF on the first ballot when eligible? If not,why not?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

If he retired today, he would never smell the HOF. It is highly unlikely he will ever be seriously considered unless he wins a championship or two along the way, while leading the league a few more times.

joseephuss

Reaction score
sjordan6;1375938 said:

We have already seen the voters screw over receivers. At the time Art Monk retired he was #2 in receptions(2 catches behind Jerry Rice at the time), #5 in yardage and in the top 20 in TDs. Obviously, he keeps dropping in those rankings due to the continuing evolution of the passing game, but at the time he retired his numbers were fantastic. They are still great.

So, T.O. doesn't have a chance of going 1st ballot, but he will eventually get in.