Terrell Owens to Sign With Cowboys!! *CLOSED*

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
What does Randle El have to do with this. Answer the question!

You said Dallas is trying to keep up with the Commanders so I figured since TO is a WR and is the FA we are talking about...I figured you meant Dallas was signin TO to try and keep up with the Commanders and their WR FA signing...and that would be Randel El...thats what he has to do with this

Did he earn that contract????

SkinsFan26 said:
Answer the question!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
TonyS said:
I feel so dirty and used.

:hammer:

I feel the same way. I have been a cowboys fan for nearly 33 years and have never disliked a player (maybe except for Dexter Manley) as much as I disliked TO. The blatant disrespect he showed to the Star and America's Team not only once but TWICE is inexcusable!!!! Yet I find myself hoping he does become a cowboy if it will help us win another SB. The eternal optimist in me wants to believe that the Cowboys organization can control him and that if we give him the kind of money he thinks he deserves he will behave himself and will show respect to his coaches, teammates and fans and help this proud franchise return to the glory days of being winners. I want to believe that TO will be on his best behavior because he wants to prove that he can be a team player and that everything in the past was the fault of someone else (even though we all know that isn’t true). I also think that TO will want to prove that he is the best WR in the NFL and that SF, Philly and all the other teams that wanted nothing to do with him made a mistake. :crossed:

10 years of losing makes you extremely desperate especially after all the success the boys have had in the past. Right now I feel like the Cowboys/I have sold their/my soul to the devil. :insane:

texastwister

Reaction score
Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

KLBK-13, the CBS affiliate in Dallas, reports that Terrell Owens will be introduced as a member of the Cowboys Monday.
The report's headline say Owens will sign, while the article's contents claim he already has. That doesn't help credibility. No other national or Dallas news source is backing up the story at this point. The Cowboys released Keyshawn Johnson earlier this week. Mar. 16 - 10:15 pm et
Source: KLBK13.TV

The source messed up

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
iceberg said:
and on the other hand we've signed a lot, didn't sign any, and brought in a HOF coach and we've got even less playoff appearances to show for it in our last 10 years.

Actually, we've got four playoff appearances to their two over the last decade. But I do get your point though. :)

I just thought the "keeping up with the Commanders" choice was laughable, that's all.

cleverusername

Reaction score
iceberg said:
except when you're the only station in town. maybe they planted the rumor to get everyone to listen to them for hte next hour and charges out the wa-zoo for time on the air for that hour or so.

hmmmmm....

4 news stations in town. 5 if you count spanish, over 200,000 people

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
DallasInDC said:
Right now I feel like the Cowboys/I have sold their/my soul to the devil. :insane:
Jerry did it once before, in 95' when he signed Deion Sanders. I have to say that I disliked Deion about as much as I dislike TO, but it didn't put a damper on my Superbowl celebration that February.

Just remember, we follow the jerseys not the players.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
It worked last year, dude! I like the team that Danny has built and I love the coaching staff. I would say that the Boys have a little work to do to catch the Commanders. The wise posters here agree.

Building a team my *** yall are just getting a bunch of hired guns every year looking 4 a huge pay day and dont care bout the organization. once there contracts start to conflict with the cap (and they will. see: randel el) Napoleaon will cut them free with nothing but a bad taste in there mouth.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
except when you're the only station in town. maybe they planted the rumor to get everyone to listen to them for hte next hour and charges out the wa-zoo for time on the air for that hour or so.

hmmmmm....

SO they sat around the meeting table one day and thought, "on some obscure Thursday night in the middle of March Madness, let's secretly jack the rates sky high for our 10 pm news and tell the advertisers "trust us, it will be worth it." and then we will plant a fake story about TO signing with Dallas and everyone will watch and we will be rich, rich, rich."

Is that your theory?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ESPN ticker is reporting a source close to T.O. is denying the signing. Not that TO or DR. are denying it. Another source?lol

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
It worked last year, dude! I like the team that Danny has built and I love the coaching staff. I would say that the Boys have a little work to do to catch the Commanders. The wise posters here agree.

You sound just like most of us did after our 2003 playoff appearance.

When the Commanders start getting into the playoffs on a regular basis, then we'll talk. :cool:

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
got off the phone wth news 13 from lubbock said theresorce is saying this and said it was true that the cowboys have came to a deal with owens

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
You said Dallas is trying to keep up with the Commanders so I figured since TO is a WR and is the FA we are talking about...I figured you meant Dallas was signin TO to try and keep up with the Commanders and their WR FA signing...and that would be Randel El...thats what he has to do with this

Did he earn that contract????

Snyder is not a moron; with the way the salary cap increases that deal is not out of proportion to the impact that Randle El will have on this team. It looks like a lot of money until the distribution of the funds is analyzed. Over 75% of the money is base salary in the last 3 years of the 7 year deal, just like all of the Commanders' recent contracts. The cap hits are low for the first 3-4 years, during which time the player can be evaluated. Then after that time, the team can move on if they wish and find new talent and sign them to a huge, back-heavy deal which does not really hurt the team unless that player is still there 5 years later. The guaranteed money in these contracts is a lot, but that does not hurt the Skins cap number too much. Just Snyder's pockets which are the deepest in the league anyway.

Cap hell does not exist, especially in DC.

QUIT WHINING ABOUT Commanders OVERPAYING. They are not overpaying.

Reaction score
lgarcia792002 said:
got off the phone wth news 13 from lubbock said theresorce is saying this and said it was true that the cowboys have came to a deal with owens

Shouldve asked why they are the only ones with this story

Bizwah

Reaction score
It may be happening.

It may not.

All day long my colleagues were razzing me saying we signed TO. I'm not real thrilled with the idea. It's not that I'm dead set against it. I've just seen him destroy two locker rooms. And the Philly locker room was as tight-knit as any locker room out there.

I began talking to a Chiefs fan. He is pretty down-to-earth and grounded. He asked, "You wouldn't want TO for one year?"

Now, I don't deny that a motivated TO would be a huge upgrade. But how long would it take for him to say something stupid? What if DB got hurt, and we had to go to Romo or Henson? Would TO be patient enough to help or support a young QB? or would he get angry and pout?

What happens the first time BP tells him to shut up?

Philly is Philly....San Fran is San Fran...But this the Dallas Cowboys. This is the NFL's premiere organization. He'll be under the microscope here.

I can't imagine him in this situation.

I'm not dead set against him coming here. I'll cheer for him if he's a Cowboy. But, I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the bomb to go off.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Shouldve asked why they are the only ones with this story

It's amazing how a small town station like this got ESPN newsticker within 15 minutes to contact "sources" close to TO.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
all he said is that there sorces were saying that dallas cowboys have came to deal with owens i asked himif this was true he said the sorces were saying this and it wasnt worth lieing on tv so im asumming its true i also will watch the news channel tonight to see if they air it out to all well news is fixing to start at 10