Terrell Owens to Sign With Cowboys!! *CLOSED*

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
I have no idea if this report is true or not but why in the hell would sources "close to T.O" say he's signed if he and the Cowboys don't want to announce it until Monday? If the sources were that ******** close, they wouldn't be leaking things to the media that T.O. and the team he signs with don't want leaked. By the way, does anyone in the media ever use sources with actual names anymore?
Aren't you the one with the insiders information?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Notice that the trolls are trying to get you guys worked up again ...... :rolleyes:

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
texastwister said:
Lubbock TV Station sticking by story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted the TV station this is the conversation

Me:Hi, Im Josh from Cowboys-Forum.com can I get a statement from you regarding the TO Story

Station: Yes

Me: Is your TV station sticking by your story about the inside source

Station: Yes

Me: Can you tell me who your source is?

Station: No

Me: Does he work for the Organization?

Station: No Comment

Me: Do you believe the source and is he credible?

Station: Very much so

Me: Do you realize that ESPN is denying the story?

Station: Yes, we do realize that, but we are sticking with the Story

Me: Is there anything you can tell me about this story that is not being told at the moment

Station: Not at this time

Me: Thank you for your time, I will Issue this statement

Station: Thank you..

-------

Take that for what you want..

Josh
you were probably talking to the janitor.:banghead:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I have the same quesiton that another did...this seems like a huge story for a small TV station and w/o going into details, I'm sure there would be some teaser about it as the news came on...

its 10:25 local time out there, did anyone WATCH this TV Station? what did they say?

David

hooskins

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Notice that the trolls are trying to get you guys worked up again ...... :rolleyes:

If you are refering to me, that is incorrect. I am just trying to confirm this report from what I heard.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Um, we could we change the title to ***RUMOR*** since we are getting conflicting stories here?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yea "hooskin" I am sure you are really trying to help the Cowboy fans :rolleyes:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I have the same quesiton that another did...this seems like a huge story for a small TV station and w/o going into details, I'm sure there would be some teaser about it as the news came on...

its 10:25 local time out there, did anyone WATCH this TV Station? what did they say?

David
As luck (or lack thereof) would have it, the station reporting it is CBS and they are still showing March Madness. Local news will not be broadcast until very late tonight.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
news channel 13 has a basketball game showing right now so they wont show the news until after the game im waiting for the game to be over to see what the heck they gonna say right now im watching there sister station which is news channel 28 if i hear anyhign i will post it thanks alot

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Um, we could we change the title to ***RUMOR*** since we are getting conflicting stories here?
It is not a rumor, it is a sourced news story that is being reported and stood behind. A rumor is innuendo or hearsay.

hooskins

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Yea "hooskin" I am sure you are really trying to help the Cowboy fans :rolleyes:

I am trying to "help" you guys. I am taking TO as a gift, because he is likely to screw you guys over.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
This is actually what i like about this site. If we dont believe something I and like 10 others have already called the station to try to get info. We should start calling a 100 times till someone gives up and tells us its bs or not. Someone call and say they are from espn and want to no the guy answering the phones name so they can say he is there credible source or sum kinda joke like that on them....Wow that was a ramble and a half....Kids dont mix alcohol with TO rumors!!!

texastwister

Reaction score
You best worry about your own players like Taylor and his 5 lawyers or you'll be rooting for him in yard ball.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I figured listining to journey- Dont stop believing suited the moment. this or bon jovi- livin on a prayer. lol

texastwister

Reaction score
Anyone look at the site lately. They have changed the story.

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys
( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )
A source with the Dallas Cowboys tells KLBK-13 that a deal between the team and wide receiver Terrell Owens has apparently been reached.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third team in four years.

Original Post

Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third
team in four years.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wolf2k5 said:
This is actually what i like about this site. If we dont believe something I and like 10 others have already called the station to try to get info. We should start calling a 100 times till someone gives up and tells us its bs or not. Someone call and say they are from espn and want to no the guy answering the phones name so they can say he is there credible source or sum kinda joke like that on them....Wow that was a ramble and a half....Kids dont mix alcohol with TO rumors!!!
Naw, don't do that. They already gave their answer, and they are standing by their story. It's not a rumor, they are reporting what they received from a source.

Everyone just needs to chill, we will have something definitive by tomorrow I am sure.