Terrell Owens won't attend Hall of Fame induction ceremony

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Showed him in what light? What does that do for him? He has the right to decline the ceremony. His NFL legacy is written , nothing is going to change that.

His NFL legacy includes how he is perceived. For example, guys like Staubach and Starr and Peyton have an NFL legacy that goes well beyond mere stats. But if he is okay being perceived as a self absorbed and self-centered guy, you are correct - he has that right.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said the one person who loves T.O. and has nothing bad to say about him is the HOF QB, that might be more telling. The guy is the ultimate competitor and signed a waiver to play in the SB with a broken leg and dominated the game. What player this day and age would sign a waiver to play? Zero.

If by "the HOF QB" you are talking about Steve Young", Young was only his QB for the first 3 years of TO's career where he was an upstart second banana to Jerry Rice. His next QB (Garcia) TO indicated might be gay, and his next QB after that he threw under the bus after losing the Super Bowl, not to mention his agreement to the idea that the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre were the QB. It's okay to believe that, but you don't disrespect your teammate by publically saying it. The way to have a better team is for teammates to support each other, and that was ultimately what TO's failing was as a teammate.

There is no question TO had heart and passion for the game. I don't think anyone would deny that. But he also could pout, refuse to talk to teammates, talk negatively about coaches and teammates, point fingers etc .... he had shortcomings in terms of promoting a strong, productive work atmosphere.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#2 Career Receptions
#3 Career Touchdowns
#8 Career Receptions

6 time pro bowler
9 seasons with 1000 yards or more receiving
8 seasons with double digit touchdowns

3rd ballot? Really?

Surely you are aware the reason he was delayed had nothing to do with his stats.

aria

Reaction score
And it’s clear he hasn’t matured a bit and is a quick reminder of why so many people despised him. What a chode, I’m glad he won’t ruin the HOF ceremony with his presence.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#2 Career Receptions
#3 Career Touchdowns
#8 Career Receptions

6 time pro bowler
9 seasons with 1000 yards or more receiving
8 seasons with double digit touchdowns

3rd ballot? Really?

5 NFL teams, despite that ridiculous productivity. Not going to count the number of pot shots, distractions, explicit attempts to divide, fistfights or attention grabbing incidents just because there are too many to keep straight. The 3 year wait makes perfect sense to me.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Obviously based on his numbers he should have been a first ballot inductee. The same character trait(s) that bumped him down to a 3rd ballot inductee is in play by his actions to "break the mold" and not show up on "his day".

His chance to voice his opinion of the voters while in the spotlight with millions watching and potentially call out the culprits by name, one by one..... unimpeded. But he choses to make a much less definitive statement.

To quote a famous movie line: "Stupid is, as stupid does."

Rayman70

Reaction score
two wrongs don't make a right T.O. Take the high road for once in your life. You only get 1 chance to stand and be heard & be inducted into the HOF. No re-do's.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never got arrested, many of his teammates loved him, he should have been first ballot on production alone.

I didn't say it was right or wrong, just said it wasn't about stats. As for not being arrested, of course that's a good thing. As for many of his teammates loving him, many also did not, and in a high profile way he threw a several of them under the bus, including Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and even Tony Romo when he claimed Romo and Witten were colluding to exclude Owens from the passing game. He also feuded with coaches, and for a time refused to even talk to his teammates on the Eagles. He was one of the most polarizing players I can remember in almost 50 years of being an NFL fan.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Precisely!
Tony Romo seemed to have created a pretty good quarterback/ reciever repertoire with Terrell Owens out on the field,according to highlight ROMO T.D.'So_O

Chuck 54

Reaction score
TO being TO

There’s no understanding him. He is definitely a different cat.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Precisely!
Tony Romo seemed to have created a pretty good quarterback/ reciever repertoire with Terrell Owens out on the field,according to highlight ROMO T.D.'So_O

Yeah, they were a great combination while it lasted.