Signed by Cowboys Terrence Steele signs his tendered offer

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Probably caught a break, think Steele healthy would of had to use a 1st rd tender.
I'm still suprised somebody didn't bite. It's not like he's not going to get healthy. I really think they wouldn't gave minded if somebody would've bit. This is a really good draft for OL

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm still suprised somebody didn't bite. It's not like he's not going to get healthy. I really think they wouldn't gave minded if somebody would've bit. This is a really good draft for OL
Maybe they heard Cowboys would match.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Maybe they heard Cowboys would match.
Maybe, but if there was any kind of news or even a rumor of a team interested it would've been the News of the offseason just because it's the Cowboys. Not specifically because Steele is a difference maker. But we would've heard about it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe, but if there was any kind of news or even a rumor of a team interested it would've been the News of the offseason just because it's the Cowboys. Not specifically because Steele is a difference maker. But we would've heard about it.
Think Jerry was playing games when he said Steele would be best as the team's swing tackle, believe that was all about his future contract.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Think Jerry was playing games when he said Steele would be best as the team's swing tackle, believe that was all about his future contract.
Maybe, but them wanting him to try guard is real. Right or wrong this team is going to go with Tyron until he's ready to hang it up. Think we're going to see the same thing when Martin gets there too.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe, but them wanting him to try guard is real. Right or wrong this team is going to go with Tyron until he's ready to hang it up. Think we're going to see the same thing when Martin gets there too.
Heard they want to be better prepared then Tyron with Martin. At some point there are going to need two more starting Guards.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Heard they want to be better prepared then Tyron with Martin. At some point there are going to need two more starting Guards.
Martin has some little bumps here and there but he's healthy and good. I think gell do another deal. And yes Tyron has had injury issues but alot of this was his own doing as he refused to get surgery for a couple offseasons. But when he's on the field he's dominant. Last yrs injury was just a freak injury. But him coming back to play last yr was amazing. If Steele is ahead of schedule think he mightve taken notes from Tyron in rehabbing.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Martin has some little bumps here and there but he's healthy and good. I think gell do another deal. And yes Tyron has had injury issues but alot of this was his own doing as he refused to get surgery for a couple offseasons. But when he's on the field he's dominant. Last yrs injury was just a freak injury. But him coming back to play last yr was amazing. If Steele is ahead of schedule think he mightve taken notes from Tyron in rehabbing.
Steele looks good to go. They just need a contingency plan this yr for the games Tyron misses. Tyron had a freak injury last yr, can he play 8-10 games this yr?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Steele is serviceable pass blocking; excellent run blocking. You can win with him but if a better prospect comes take it.

I think that since his weakness is pass blocking, that is why there seemed to be no interest in him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Steele looks good to go. They just need a contingency plan this yr for the games Tyron misses. Tyron had a freak injury last yr, can he play 8-10 games this yr?
Who know. I just know what the teams saying. And until they say different it's gonna be Tyler and tyron playing tackle. Now that can change if Steele can't play inside, I still have no idea why they wouldn't put Tyler inside and play tyron at lt. Cause if Steele is healthy the easy thing would be just kick Tyler inside.

75boyz

Reaction score
Weird thing is it looked like at least the run blocking was noticeably better with Steele at RT.
I mean I guess Tyron was still a better pass protector at RT but it didn't strike me as incredibly obvious if so.
But then ya got switching Tyler back to LG after playing a full year at LT.
So imo, it most likely boils down to the money AND the coaches "hoping" they can squeeze a full season worth of games out of Tyron that he hasn't done in like 7 or 8 years.
If you're honest, it is just a matter of when Tyron goes out, and not if.

But hey, I guess Jerry gave him some money and an extension so that situation is what they're left with.

I think Tyron should be the overpaid swing tackle myself.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Steele is serviceable pass blocking; excellent run blocking. You can win with him but if a better prospect comes take it.

I think that since his weakness is pass blocking, that is why there seemed to be no interest in him.
And probably why the team wants to see him inside where he would be in better position to shut somebody down. Me I have to trust this team because they know how to build lines.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Weird thing is it looked like at least the run blocking was noticeably better with Steele at RT.
I mean I guess Tyron was still a better pass protector at RT but it didn't strike me as incredibly obvious if so.
But then ya got switching Tyler back to LG after playing a full year at LT.
So imo, it most likely boils down to the money AND the coaches "hoping" they can squeeze a full season worth of games out of Tyron that he hasn't done in like 7 or 8 years.
If you're honest, it is just a matter of when Tyron goes out, and not if.

But hey, I guess Jerry gave him some money and an extension so that situation is what they're left with.

I think Tyron should be the overpaid swing tackle myself.
You have to remember he played a spot he hadnt in a decade. And he still played really good. Now imagine a whole offseason to work on his footwork on the right side. I wouldn't be suprised to see another deal. He's only 32 lol.

And Jerry didn't give him anymore money. What they did was convert money into play time incentives. So he can earn what he would've before the restructure but he has to play the whole season. The more he plays the more incentives he makes

gtb1943

Reaction score
And probably why the team wants to see him inside where he would be in better position to shut somebody down. Me I have to trust this team because they know how to build lines.
offensive lines only.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand the quandary. He played well as RT.

LT Tyron
LG Tyler
C Biadasz
RG Martin
RT Steele

for the 15 minutes until Tyron gets hurt and then Tyler goes back to LT and whomever they draft goes in as LG.
I’d rather just get a guard, keep Tyler at tackle and have Turin as depth
But I’d be shocked if they do that though since Tyler is the future at tackle it seems the most logical

conner01

Reaction score
I can’t see Steele as a guard.
I don’t get why you’d even look lol
He’s a good RT, maybe play him at RT
Just draft a guard. I have no doubt we can draft a guard that’s as good as MCGovern was

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t get why you’d even look lol
He’s a good RT, maybe play him at RT
Just draft a guard. I have no doubt we can draft a guard that’s as good as MCGovern was
I don’t look at the top guards in this draft and just think wow.

If we draft one then whatever I’m sure they’ll do well but I feel like some talent is getting overlooked at that position.