Signed by Cowboys Terrence Steele signs his tendered offer

Tussinman

Reaction score
I'm still suprised somebody didn't bite. It's not like he's not going to get healthy. I really think they wouldn't gave minded if somebody would've bit. This is a really good draft for OL
I'm not too surprised. Coming off an injury and it's only a 1 year rental (2nd rounder for a rental on someone who might not even play the full year is a little pricey).

Jarntt

Reaction score
Tyron Tyler Biadasz Martin Steele

at least until Tyron gets hurt. dont get cute, just play the best 5. I don’t see making Tyron learn LG when Tyler does both well and all are paid too much, too good or both to be the swing tackle. Now if we draft a LG in the 1st round this could change.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Crazy how a team wasn't willing to give up a 2nd for a starting RT. Have to wonder how healthy he really is. Cause a healthy Steele shouldvebeen snatched up.
That’s a valid question, but I don’t think that’s the primary reason why other teams may be apprehensive

(We)Dal knows how Steel has developed into a decent RT bc we’ve followed him every step of the way. Other teams maybe see a very good “Swing T” that has starting experience, yet still could polish his skills.

And other teams would have to ask, “Why is Dal rumored to be moving him to Guard?:oops: (Side note: Was moving Steele to Guard just a ploy to create questions about Steele..hmmm)

That said, Any team giving up a 2nd pick for Steele may feel like that’s a gamble, exp considering there’s no guarantees that he signs long term after this last year. And let’s not forget the going rate for Tackles these days.

The OL talent is said to be relatively deep this year, possibly snagging decent Tackle talent within the first 3 rounds. Teams prob feel they can find similar talent in the draft at considerably cheaper value via a Rookie deal. For those same reasons, that’s why Dal placed a 2nd tender when many expected a 1st rd tender to secure his services.

For the record, I believe Steele is a very good Tackle also.. I just don’t think some teams value him like Dal does.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not sure we will get much of a read from the June minicamp, but it will be interesting to see where T Smith 77 and T Smith 73 line up when training camp starts in July assuming Steele won't be a full go yet.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Steele is a powerful guy. I think he can anchor as well as a McGovern at least. Better really.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Crazy how a team wasn't willing to give up a 2nd for a starting RT. Have to wonder how healthy he really is. Cause a healthy Steele shouldvebeen snatched up.
We have seen how many players signed off tenders in the last decade? There have been a few but not many.

I think it has more to do with collusion than talent.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Idk they seem to be doing something right on that dl. Don't think the same dl that played week 1 was the same dl in the playoffs.
Tell me the last time the D line was really better than the O line; or as good. How many years ago was that?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can see Tyler Smith as a guard, and the team did last year before Tyron went down.

Best 5 - Tyron, Tyler, Terrence, Zack, Biadasz

There's not a starter behind them. Not even a credible backup except *maybe* Farniok at C.
At least with Tyler Smith he was an athlete and you could see him getting to the 2nd level.

Steele, to me, doesn’t have the body type. Heavy footed and just doesn’t look at all like a guard.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Crazy how a team wasn't willing to give up a 2nd for a starting RT.
You don't give up a 2nd, which should give you a player expected to be a starter *on a rookie contract* for *at least* 3 years, for a starter for 1 year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
At least with Tyler Smith he was an athlete and you could see him getting to the 2nd level.

Steele, to me, doesn’t have the body type. Heavy footed and just doesn’t look at all like a guard.
I don't see Steele as a G either.

Last offseason they had *planned* to go with Tyron-Tyler-Biadasz-Zack-Terrence.

Switching that all around makes no sense to me.

Verdict

Reaction score
Unless they go guard in first 2 rounds that’s what we’re gonna see

But it will be short lived because I can’t see Tyron staying off DL
I am beyond skeptical that Tyron starts as the LT. They can sell it all they want, I just don’t see it happening.

Verdict

Reaction score
Probably caught a break, think Steele healthy would have had to use a 1st rd tender.
He was a restricted free agent. If I understand that tender correctly, other teams can’t compete for his services this year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Farniok is a solid backup G/C. But in my opinion they either need an OT or a G. They really need to find another G or T out of this draft or on down the road in the second round of free agency unless they are really high on Waletzko.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He was a restricted free agent. If I understand that tender correctly, other teams can’t compete for his services this year.
Yes, they could of signed him to a offer sheet, but Cowboys had the right to outbid them

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand the quandary. He played well as RT.

LT Tyron
LG Tyler
C Biadasz
RG Martin
RT Steele

for the 15 minutes until Tyron gets hurt and then Tyler goes back to LT and whomever they draft goes in as LG.
Yeah, big hope Tyron plays several games without incident….then there’s only one shift….Tyler to lg and he played some last year already. Otherwise we need to swap Tyron sides AND move Steele to guard with no experience. Easier to just move Tyler over?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where are people getting Steele at OG? The link says nothing about that. It say they trying Ball at OG