Terrible Spot On Roethlisberger Scramble!

bigE79

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478107 said:
Bad calls happen often ask any fan, If you guys wanna talk about the Rooneys and Goodell, shouldn't Pacman be banned?
Or shouldnt the rooneys be banned for being involved with gambling for many years?:starspin

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Boysboy;2478284 said:
Like I said-they were moving on that drive like clockwork.

Clockwork?

Pittsburgh Steelers at 05:10
1-10-PIT 33 (5:10) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 85-N.Washington to PIT 47 for 14 yards (42-A.Henry).
1-10-PIT 47 (4:45) (No Huddle) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 85-N.Washington to DAL 32 for 21 yards (26-K.Hamlin; 42-A.Henry). Should've been ruled incomplete.
1-10-DAL 32 (3:59) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep middle to 86-H.Ward.
2-10-DAL 32 (3:53) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short middle to 21-M.Moore.
3-10-DAL 32 (3:49) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger scrambles right tackle to DAL 23 for 9 yards (56-B.James, 98-G.Ellis). Official measurement. He actually got 8 yards....not 9.9.
4-1-DAL 23 (3:27) 7-B.Roethlisberger up the middle to DAL 22 for 1 yard (90-J.Ratliff; 96-M.Spears). Official measurement. Arguably didn't make the firs t here, either.

OK, so they essentially had ONE 14 yard reception, one big bogus completion, TWO incomplete passes, a broken play, and damn near got stuffed on the fourth down attempt....and that is 'Clockwork'? I don't think so.

Help from the refs clearly aided the steelers on that drive. Infuriating....almost as infuriating as the fact that Romo and the offense couldn't do anything to make those calls moot.

bigE79

Reaction score
CarlJohnson;2478032 said:
While we're on the subject, what about the offsides call on ellis on third down. He didnt move in the replay, unless he was lined up offsides. And what about the offsides call when 3 of our guys jumped off but then got back, and then they jumped. And they called it on us! Im not saying the refs cost us the game, but the refs can really effect the outcome of a game. And that spot is just sickening.
That was a TERRIBLE call!!! I would have no had problem with the call if the stealer moved as we were jumping but to call us after we had got back and set for at least a second is bull****.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2478468 said:
Clockwork?

Pittsburgh Steelers at 05:10
1-10-PIT 33 (5:10) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 85-N.Washington to PIT 47 for 14 yards (42-A.Henry).
1-10-PIT 47 (4:45) (No Huddle) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 85-N.Washington to DAL 32 for 21 yards (26-K.Hamlin; 42-A.Henry). Should've been ruled incomplete.
1-10-DAL 32 (3:59) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep middle to 86-H.Ward.
2-10-DAL 32 (3:53) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short middle to 21-M.Moore.
3-10-DAL 32 (3:49) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger scrambles right tackle to DAL 23 for 9 yards (56-B.James, 98-G.Ellis). Official measurement. He actually got 8 yards....not 9.9.
4-1-DAL 23 (3:27) 7-B.Roethlisberger up the middle to DAL 22 for 1 yard (90-J.Ratliff; 96-M.Spears). Official measurement. Arguably didn't make the firs t here, either.

OK, so they essentially had ONE 14 yard reception, one big bogus completion, TWO incomplete passes, a broken play, and damn near got stuffed on the fourth down attempt....and that is 'Clockwork'? I don't think so.

Help from the refs clearly aided the steelers on that drive. Infuriating....almost as infuriating as the fact that Romo and the offense couldn't do anything to make those calls moot.

I think the ineffectiveness of the offense had to do with Proctor being in the game.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
Does anyone have an image capture of the Washington supposed completion that was really an incompletion?

hendog

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2478485 said:
Does anyone have an image capture of the Washington supposed completion that was really an incompletion?

I know we're asking alot but is there a pic of where the ball actually ends up being spotted on the bad spot.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

I'm sure someone can get one, but it likely won't be very definitive. They didn't show a replay, but for those of us with HD DVRs and the like, you can watch the replay in frame by frame or slow motion and can clearly see the the arc of the ball seems to suggest that it was an incompletion. If he actually got his hands underneath the ball before it skipped off of the ground, it was a gift from god.

MrMom

Reaction score

This is what we need to pull up. Fox never showed a replay.

Chop chop, BB!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
hendog;2478495 said:
I know we're asking alot but is there a pic of where the ball actually ends up being spotted on the bad spot.

The replay doesn't show the ball being spotted from the same view as the picture where Ben's knee hits the ground. The camera's were zoomed in on the ball for the majority of the measuring process. However, there is one shot of the ball being placed on the ground in proximity to a line marker (obviously the 22) IIRC, and from the area that the 'yellow line' was paced during the play and from the shot of where the ball was approximately one inch short of the marker....one can figure that the ball was placed anywhere from 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 of a yard further than where Ben's knee actually touched.

hendog

Reaction score
tomson75;2478510 said:
The replay doesn't show the ball being spotted form the same view as the picture where Ben's knee hits the ground. The camera's were zoomed in on the ball for the majority of the measuring process. However, there is one shot of the ball being placed on the ground in proximity to a line marker (obviously the 22) IIRC, and from the area that the 'yellow line' was paced during the play and from the shot of where the ball was approximately one inch short of the marker....one can figure that the ball was placed anywhere from 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 of a yard further than where Ben's knee actually touched.

We could get a shot of the offense presnap of the 4th down play.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I was at the game and then watched it again since I dvr all the games. Terrible spot. he was a full yard short, at least, of the first down.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
hendog;2478516 said:
We could get a shot of the offense presnap of the 4th down play.

True...assuming the center hasn't touched the ball yet.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Watching Wade's PC on Monday he made it clear that he believed the refs got it wrong on both spots (that one on third down) and then again on the 4th down. He said if he'd had any challenges he'd have challenged both of them.

He made the comment that he was given a full yard more than he should have been, on the slide on third, and that with just putting them back there, via challenge, would have made the play more than long enough that they wouldn't have gotten it, running the play they did, on 4th.

I saw one of his challenges, the sack, but what else did he challenge in the game?

At this point challenging, and this is all second guessing now, the sack maybe wasn't as good an idea cause the pass was incomplete anyway.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2478559 said:
Watching Wade's PC on Monday he made it clear that he believed the refs got it wrong on both spots (that one on third down) and then again on the 4th down. He said if he'd had any challenges he'd have challenged both of them.

He made the comment that he was given a full yard more than he should have been, on the slide on third, and that with just putting them back there, via challenge, would have made the play more than long enough that they wouldn't have gotten it, running the play they did, on 4th.

I saw one of his challenges, the sack, but what else did he challenge in the game?

At this point challenging, and this is all second guessing now, the sack maybe wasn't as good an idea cause the pass was incomplete anyway.

Romo's fumble was the other play.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I think it's about time to stop blaming the refs for just being bad. It's simply a matter of them being biased and calling the game a certain way.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2478674 said:
I think it's about time to stop blaming the refs for just being bad. It's simply a matter of them being biased and calling the game a certain way.
Right on the money. these unreal calls are not mistakes. how can any ref make a spot like that? he gave them almost 3 yards. also, how can a ref watch a guy pull Pacman out of a pile and slam him on his head almost breaking his neck,and not throw a flag? this is not just mistakes. these are guys being flatout bias.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478107 said:
Bad calls happen often ask any fan, If you guys wanna talk about the Rooneys and Goodell, shouldn't Pacman be banned?

Why do you amuse me so?

Here you are, on our message board, talking about one of our players, ... when the 'holier than thou' Steelers have had 6-7 arrested players since '06.

S. Holmes has been arrested 3 times himself.

Even your mascot, Steely Mc"Jim"Beam was arrested for DUI. :lmao2: :lmao2:

And yet, here you are talking about one of our players that was not arrested as a Cowboy.

Do you not see the hilarious irony in that?

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
wow you too...the first spot was bad, the the 4th and inches was bad. watch where the ref picks up the ball close to the red line and then where he sets the ball on the red line. I just shook my head.

arync

Reaction score
Wade needs to stop wasting challenges or silliness. We shouldn't be in these situations where we have no challenges or timeouts because he thinks he'll win them all.

Reaction score
The officiating is freaking outrageous lately and anybody trying to diminish the effect of drive-extending or drive-killing penalties is being naive. If Team A is clearly better than Team B, they should be able to overcome homer officiating,,, but if the teams are close in ability this lopsided officiating clearly changs outcomes.

To witness repetitive bad calls going in one team's favor strains the credibility of the NFL and I'm beginning to get that feeling of dissatisfaction, that same feeling I got years ago with regard to the NBA, right before I stopped watching. :mad: