Terrible Spot On Roethlisberger Scramble!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478146 said:
No doubt man he did his time, I'm just saying he and a few others (chris henry) shouldn't have the privilege to play.

Problem is guys like that don't see it as a privilege.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jordan20;2478158 said:
We might would have had a challege left if we didn't have to use the last one on the obvious Big Ben knee being down before he threw the pass.

Or if the refs had gotten the Romo fumble correct.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2478166 said:
Or if the refs had gotten the Romo fumble correct.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more there were opportunities we blew that could have put the game out of reach.

Romo missing a wide open Roy11 in the endzone late in the game is one. Tra Battle having that punt hit him was another.

*shrugs* I guess that's the nature of the beast, and we just have to move on.

Remember Parcells once said if you play alot of close games, you'll be lucky to win 1/2 of them.

jordan20

Reaction score
I think Romo missing a wide open RW was huge! It's not even talked about much.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2478159 said:
Problem is guys like that don't see it as a privilege.
That's what makes it sad. Kids million of kids pour there heart into football trying to one day play in the NFL then players in the NFL wanna treat it like it's nothing when in all reality it's the biggest thing that could ever happen career wise. It's a honor and every player should treat it that way.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
twentytwo;2477983 said:
Oh wow that's worse than I thought it was. Looks like the ball should have been placed a good 2.5 yards back.
Are you freaking kidding me? this is sickening. but i blame Wade phillips and the Cowboys for this. they should be raising hell about this. and no one is saying anything. this is a disgrace to football. just like that Steelers /Seahawk super bowl was. the ref who spoted that ball sould be fired. i want to know his name. who is the guy that spoted that ball?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2477906 said:
And I have a hard time saying the first challenge was a mistake. Any time you lose a fumble in your own territory and it's that close, you have to take a chance. I'm watching it right now (11:22 2nd quarter) and I'm still not sure his knee wasn't down before the ball came out.

Wade was right to challenge the call and the refs were wrong not to overturn it. That ball didn't move an inch 'til it hit the ground. It was not coming loose on the way down.

http://img214.*************/img214/1746/llllhn2.jpg

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2478227 said:
Wade was right to challenge the call and the refs were wrong not to overturn it. That ball didn't move an inch 'til it hit the ground. It was not coming loose on the way down.

Im not a big Wade fan,but i dont blame him for this. the Steelers got every freaking call.we are screwed as lomg as the refs keep cheating us.

twentytwo

Reaction score
On that Romo fumble, I really think that it was coming out. It's hard to see, but it really did look like it was coming loose before his knee hit the ground. But that's just me.

Now if they had ruled that it was NOT a fumble on the field...I'm not so sure they would have overturned it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
twentytwo;2478234 said:
On that Romo fumble, I really think that it was coming out. It's hard to see, but it really did look like it was coming loose before his knee hit the ground. But that's just me.

Now if they had ruled that it was NOT a fumble on the field...I'm not so sure they would have overturned it.

Is it just me, or did it look like a "tuck rule"?

Otherwise-it was a wild a crazy weekend in the NFL.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
bbgun;2477976 said:
Looks to be down at the Dallas 24, roughly.

http://img165.*************/img165/8333/ch21sundec72008064525pmpl0.jpg

The league owes the Cowboys an apology, and some refs need to get fired.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate...

IF the refs had gotten it right at 4th and 2, the Steelers prolly would have converted anyways. You saw how they were moving down the field like clockwork-so gaining just 2 yards may have been nothing for them.

At least same time, it was our own faults that we left some 10 pts on the field.(i.e. Tra Battle touching that punt that would have given us great field position otherwise)

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478107 said:
Bad calls happen often ask any fan, If you guys wanna talk about the Rooneys and Goodell, shouldn't Pacman be banned?

Your team benefits more from bad calls than any team in the modern era by far. Take a look at those pics for crying out loud.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Boysboy;2478276 said:

IF the refs had gotten it right at 4th and 2, the Steelers prolly would have converted anyways. You saw how they were moving down the field like clockwork-so gaining just 2 yards may have been nothing for them.

At least same time, it was our own faults that we left some 10 pts on the field.(i.e. Tra Battle touching that punt that would have given us great field position otherwise)

we stopped them on most short down situations, why would i assume they would have converted that?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Muhast;2478281 said:
we stopped them on most short down situations, why would i assume they would have converted that?

Like I said-they were moving on that drive like clockwork.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478276 said:

I disagree with that. I say either Pittsburgh attempts a FG there or we stuff them on 4th and 2. We damn near stuffed the 4th and 1 inch.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2478273 said:
The league owes the Cowboys an apology, and some refs need to get fired.

They need to apologize to Seattle for the SB debacle first.

soccerbud

Reaction score
bbgun;2478227 said:

first, i thought romo had the ball under control before his knees hit the ground. But upon replays from various angles, it was pretty clear that the balls was sliding out of his hands before his knees hit the ground.

Everson24

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2478113 said:
Exactly, don't let it linger. I do agree with him though. There is the human factor when it comes to refs.

I aggree that bad calls happen but when it benifits Pittsburgh in every big game it gets very annoying. Like I said, I watch every Steelers game and at the end of close games the refs never seem to throw a key flag on them such as defensive holding or pass interference.

If there is a conspiracy it is this: The refs will intentionally blow a totally meaningless call like the Polamalu TD return at the end of the Chargers game (that was already decided) to get people focused on that and when the subject comes up they use that as an example of how the NFL hates them.

What mistake was more important in the outcome of the game the Polamalu return called back or miss-spotting a ball by 2 yards at the end of a game tying drive?

Another thing that drives me nuts is they always put the burden on the other team playing the Steelers to use up their challeges. They could have called Nate Washington's catch incomplete and let Pittsburgh challege it. They had both challeges left. But no, they get together an call it complete and Fox never even shows a replay even though Washington's body language showed that he didn't think he caught it. That is why the Steelers hurried to snap the ball. They didn't want it reviewed (not realizing we were out of challeges). It's these kind of things I see happeneing every week in the Steelers games that drive me nuts. We better be prepared for the Steelers to get #6 this year because it's going to happen.

Ask any Browns, Ravens and Bengals fan what I mean.