Terrible Spot On Roethlisberger Scramble!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2478060 said:
Hey BB, maybe you can add a grab of where the ball ended up being spotted... Like when the chain is up to the ball on the measurement. :)

And while you're right that that play wouldn't have ensured we'd have won... That was their only touchdown drive of the entire day, and it could have ended right there. :mad:

And get us a couple beers while your at it will ya?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WOW!!!

Big Ben is a good 2-3 yards short and they spotted it a freaking inch short???

I didnt remember it being that bad in real time as the pics now show.

We got flat out raped on that call...........WOW!!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
twentytwo;2478062 said:
For anyone that is interested, here is a recap of some of the "questionable" calls from Superbowl XL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_to_officiating_in_Super_Bowl_XL

On one drive where Seattle was threatening AND had the momentum(Alexander was starting to find his mojo at that point), a BS holding call was called on a Seattle lineman when Hassellback completed a pass to the Steelers 2 yard line. I remember Madden being VERY upset when he saw the replay.

And, of course, a Hawks TD was called back on offensive PI, when the replay clearly showed Darrell Jackson and that Steelers DB just merely holding hands.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2478060 said:
Hey BB, maybe you can add a grab of where the ball ended up being spotted... Like when the chain is up to the ball on the measurement. :)

Free bonus pic of Fatty and Tonto.

http://img442.*************/img442/750/ch21sundec72008064525pmkn9.jpg

And while you're right that that play wouldn't have ensured we'd have won... That was their only touchdown drive of the entire day, and it could have ended right there.

Or maybe Tony throws that backbreaking pick a minute earlier than he actually did.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[youtube]30Y-L6w_6ko&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]​

[youtube]aygZl7kWyW4&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]​

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2478038 said:
Yea, the Rooney's are well looked after by the league.

That SB against the Seahawks was what convinced me that they are "protected" if you will by the league and the refs.

Now I am not big on conspiracy theories, but the Steelers do get more favorable calls than almost any team in the league.

I doubt that it is just a coincidence.

dont forget the league looking the other way on the gambling interests...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2477876 said:
Those calls weren't the reason we lost, but we sure didn't need the refs' help blowing the game.

Agreed I think the offsides call was by far the worst call in the game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Whose Wheaties did Jerry piss in for us to be getting screwed like this by the refs???

I thought Jerry and Goddell were tight???

I guess not.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2478101 said:
Whose Wheaties did Jerry piss in for us to be getting screwed like this by the refs???

I thought Jerry and Goddell were tight???

I guess not.
Bad calls happen often ask any fan, If you guys wanna talk about the Rooneys and Goodell, shouldn't Pacman be banned?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478107 said:
Bad calls happen often ask any fan, If you guys wanna talk about the Rooneys and Goodell, shouldn't Pacman be banned?

Doesn't matter-we have to forget about this game and focus on making the playoffs. Otherwise, if our Boys still obsess about this loss, they'll be sitting on their couches in Jan.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478108 said:
Doesn't matter-we have to forget about this game and focus on making the playoffs. Otherwise, if our Boys still obsess about this loss, they'll be sitting on their couches in Jan.

Exactly, don't let it linger. I do agree with him though. There is the human factor when it comes to refs.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478107 said:

What about Holmes getting pulled over and having a lit blunt in his car and no suspension? He admitted it was his.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2478113 said:
Exactly, don't let it linger. I do agree with him though. There is the human factor when it comes to refs.

For some reason, this reminded me of the Dec Philly game last year.

No-the refs didn't do anything in that game. The similarities were that we had MANY golden opportunities to shut the door on them, and we blew it. At the time, we almost blew HFA with that loss. I remember feeling rotten all week. But things changed dramatically the next week as we won, and then Chicago upset Green Bay which helped us clinch HFA.

Hopefully, the same thing can be said if things turn out differently next week for us.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478108 said:
I have you guys written off but hell My team was there at one point and time, You guys control your own destiny, If you beat the Gmen this weekend its a statement game x50.

Yeagermeister;2478116 said:
What about Holmes getting pulled over and having a lit blunt in his car and no suspension? He admitted it was his.
Ok he should be suspended I thought so when it happened, What about Pacman beating strippers? What about Pacman getting a scuffle with his body guard? What about everything that PAcman has done..Him and Chris Henry from the bengals must hang out..this guy should have been gone before he went to the cowboys, What about Tank Johnson? I mean all the players do dumb things Hell James Harrison Broke down his gfs door slapped her and snapped the phone, he deserved a 2-3 game suspension I mean it would of hurt us but you have to make a point.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478133 said:
I have you guys written off but hell My team was there at one point and time, You guys control your own destiny, If you beat the Gmen this weekend its a statement game x50.

Ok he should be suspended I thought so when it happened, What about Pacman beating strippers? What about Pacman getting a scuffle with his body guard? What about everything that PAcman has done..Him and Chris Henry from the bengals must hang out..this guy should have been gone before he went to the cowboys, What about Tank Johnson? I mean all the players do dumb things Hell James Harrison Broke down his gfs door slapped her and snapped the phone, he deserved a 2-3 game suspension I mean it would of hurt us but you have to make a point.

I don't care for Pacman but he served the suspensions that were given to him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2478133 said:

Yeah-I remember after you guys lost at home to Cincy(which all but gave the AFCN title to them), all the pundits I saw on ESPN were saying Cowher's window was all but shut, and the Rooneys were ready to move on with another coach.(Plus a red-hot Bears team was next up)

You gotta love this new NFL sometimes-things can change in a flicker of an eye in a short time span.

A month later when we were in Mexico, my dad, a big Colts fan, was hugely surprised to see the score in a Mexican newspaper after the weekend(we didn't have tv to watch anything).

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2478139 said:
I don't care for Pacman but he served the suspensions that were given to him.
No doubt man he did his time, I'm just saying he and a few others (chris henry) shouldn't have the privilege to play.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478144 said:
Yeah-I remember after you guys lost at home to Cincy(which all but gave the AFCN title to them), all the pundits I saw on ESPN were saying Cowher's window was all but shut, and the Rooneys were ready to move on with another coach.(Plus a red-hot Bears team was next up)

You gotta love this new NFL sometimes-things can change in a flicker of an eye in a short time span.

A month later when we were in Mexico, my dad, a big Colts fan, was hugely surprised to see the score in a Mexican newspaper after the weekend(we didn't have tv to watch anything).
Thats the beauty of the NFL anything can happen and thats why they play the game. I love the NFL but Goodell is destroying it :mad:

jordan20

Reaction score
We might would have had a challege left if we didn't have to use the last one on the obvious Big Ben knee being down before he threw the pass.