Terry Glenn's last year?

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Glenn's career is over with when his speed is over with. Not before.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i *AM* arguing that *IF* he's due $5mil for being on the team next year then i doubt he'll be here.

if he has another year like last year, which Key did not, he will

superpunk

Reaction score
ice, in 2000 and 2001, Glenn did not miss any games due to injury. He has had many other years where he misses 2-3, which actually seems a common occurrence for many WRs, and only a few where he missed extended time. His injury history is not terrible for a WR.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
and Parcells has already stated that he knows Glenn is going to get nicked up, so I don't think Glenn getting injured is an issue at all in this situation

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Glenn's career is over with when his speed is over with. Not before.

and has been pointed out - we got him for a 6th round pick - many thought his career *was* more or less over at that point.

i like glenn and am glad he's here - i just don't see us picking up a $5mil bonus to keep him here next year. as adamjt has said, that can be reworked and i imagine it would have to be to keep him here.

that's all my main question was - trying to understand why we couldn't eat a $1mil bonus but we could a $5mil bonus.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
ice, in 2000 and 2001, Glenn did not miss any games due to injury. He has had many other years where he misses 2-3, which actually seems a common occurrence for many WRs, and only a few where he missed extended time. His injury history is not terrible for a WR.

thanks. sometimes i hear stuff on the ticket and just try to follow up and find out if what i heard is what i thought i heard or if they were wrong on that account.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
T Glenn's renaissance is no surprise to me, I knew what he was capable of doing on the football field, especially with a real QB. Bledsoe has a knack for making offensive players around him better like a true superstar. :bow:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
and Parcells has already stated that he knows Glenn is going to get nicked up, so I don't think Glenn getting injured is an issue at all in this situation

it will be if we only have TO and Crayton left at that point.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
T Glenn's renaissance is no surprise to me, I knew what he was capable of doing on the football field, especially with a real QB. Bledsoe has a knack for making offensive players around him better like a true superstar. :bow:

haven't we shot down that pile of manure enough - this mythical "bledsoe makes God a better God crap?"

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
it will be if we only have TO and Crayton left at that point.

no it won't, Parcells has resigned himself to the fact that TG is going to get hurt, the only reason Parcells lets players go who get injured is because he gets mad at them for not playing through it, and every indication from Parcells is that GLenn is a tough SOB

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
that's all my main question was - trying to understand why we couldn't eat a $1mil bonus but we could a $5mil bonus.

Glenn has obviously still got it. Health be damned, he's still producing, and it looks like his reunion with Bledsoe was just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Key has been in steady decline, no matter how tough he is. He just can't get it done, and he wanted much more money than he was worth. I don't think it's just about the 1 mil bonus, it was about his desire for 4 mil a year, and his perceived worth to the Cowboys - hardly 4 mil a year. Glenn's the type of receiver that can thrive with TO - doesn't need alot of receptions, makes the ones he gets count.

It's just a matter of what have ya done for me lately production. Glenn fits the bill, Keyshawn didn't.

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
thanks. sometimes i hear stuff on the ticket and just try to follow up and find out if what i heard is what i thought i heard or if they were wrong on that account.

And like I said earlier, since 2000 (6 seasons) he has missed 13 games due to injury - 10 in one year with Dallas. It really hasn't been an issue the past 6 years.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
It's just a matter of what have ya done for me lately production. Glenn fits the bill, Keyshawn didn't.

exactly, Key was healthy as a mother, and he's gone

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
haven't we shot down that pile of manure enough - this mythical "bledsoe makes God a better God crap?"

I haven't officially deified or annointed Bledsoe a God yet.....but when he wins the superbowl and is MVP of the league then the celebration can commence. :bow: :bow: :bow:

But seriously, I agree with your original hypothesis....this might be Glenn's last year as a Cowboy, especially if we win a superbowl and draft a young receiver this year or next to groom. I just hope he has a bigger season as a true #2 receiver behind TO.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Glenn has obviously still got it. Health be damned, he's still producing, and it looks like his reunion with Bledsoe was just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Key has been in steady decline, no matter how tough he is. He just can't get it done, and he wanted much more money than he was worth. I don't think it's just about the 1 mil bonus, it was about his desire for 4 mil a year, and his perceived worth to the Cowboys - hardly 4 mil a year. Glenn's the type of receiver that can thrive with TO - doesn't need alot of receptions, makes the ones he gets count.

well, 1 - last year wasn't his best by NFL.COM stats. but only 11 yards back, so it was in fact a great year for him. but out of 10 years, he starts an average of 12 games. he's never had back to back 16 game seasons but was close from green bay to us with 15 then 16. his range is 4 games in a season to 3 times in 10 years he went "the distance".

keyshawn has NEVER had a season under 10 games and that time it was cause gruden sat him down, NOT injury. so out of 160 games he could have started, he started 151 of them. 6 games due to tampa, 1 game in tampa and 2 games in his rookie year. 9756 total yards, 60 total tds.

now again, glenn, 10 years. 12 games on average. 7776 yd's, 38 td's and yet people are making an argument we've kept the "better" guy.

i'll buy we kept the "speed guy" but i don't buy we kept the "better overall player" and i'll argue again that a $5mil bonus would preclude him from being a cowboy next year IF we'd have to give him $5mil.

stats found on nfl.com.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I haven't officially deified or annointed Bledsoe a God yet.....but when he wins the superbowl and is MVP of the league then the celebration can commence. :bow: :bow: :bow:

But seriously, I agree with your original hypothesis....this might be Glenn's last year as a Cowboy, especially if we win a superbowl and draft a young receiver this year or next to groom. I just hope he has a bigger season as a true #2 receiver behind TO.

thanks man. it's a HELL of a lot easier to talk to you when you're not being a drew-salesman.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
And like I said earlier, since 2000 (6 seasons) he has missed 13 games due to injury - 10 in one year with Dallas. It really hasn't been an issue the past 6 years.

in 2001 he started 1 game for NE and played in 4. what nfl.com doesn't tell me is why but there's 12 games right there he didn't start in 2001 - why?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
in 2001 he started 1 game for NE and played in 4. what nfl.com doesn't tell me is why but there's 12 games right there he didn't start in 2001 - why?

Glenn was supspended for those games by the Pats

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Glenn was supspended for those games by the Pats

ok, thanks. we seem to collect suspended receivers. : )

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
ok, thanks. we seem to collect suspended receivers. : )

D'OH!

but Glenn turned out fine in Dallas, and Key as well, that's a pretty good track record, let's hope TO keeps it up