Terry Glenn's last year?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
D'OH!

but Glenn turned out fine in Dallas, and Key as well, that's a pretty good track record, let's hope TO keeps it up

well from my tagline, i'm obviously NOT a TO fan, but i can't change that from here, so ride it out like the rest of us do. : )

superpunk

Reaction score
Ice, no doubt all that stuff is true. Glenn had big problems staying on the field in New England, early on. My only point is I think that injury thing can kinda be layed to rest. Since 2000, he's been pretty healthy, save a freak injury in Dallas, that cost him 10 games. When you look at that, and the recent production Glenn v. Keyshawn, and keyshawn's unreasonable salary demands (4 mil a year? Glenn won't see 4 mil til year 5, I don't think, and probably not even then) I think it's pretty easy to see why one is here, and the other is gone.

The added factor is that Key couldn't thrive with TO, he can't do enough with his catches when he gets them.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg said:
ok, thanks. we seem to collect suspended receivers. : )

:bang2:

:laugh1: :laugh1:

Anything else you wanna get off your chest? Or, are you just groaning just to hear yourself groan?

T. GLENN AND KEYSHAWN ARE DIFFERENT RECEIVERS! THERE WAS NO USE FOR KEYSHAWN NOW THAT T.O. IS IN THE HOUSE!

Let's recap, from what little I know about you...you don't like Bledsoe, Parcells just wants "his guys", you don't like the "win now" approach...Terry Glenn is a pansy, and a suspended receiver...what else is wrong that you would like to get off your chest?

As far as my user name (the living in the past :laugh1: as you so saricastically stated), is actually a spin off and a little bit of coincendence because of my family owned restaurant...

Five Star Restaurant
(810)776-9366
5676 South 1900 West
Roy, UT 84067

Come on up...and the food will be on me!!

So, what else do the Cowboys need to do to satisfy your little appitite? :D

superpunk

Reaction score
5stars, as far as I can tell, ice was making a joke with the suspended receivers comment. And one that was funny because it's true, LOL. Nothing more than a joke.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
5stars, as far as I can tell, ice was making a joke with the suspended receivers comment. And one that was funny because it's true, LOL. Nothing more than a joke.

punk, quit trying to be something you're not...a level-headed, board-mediator :laugh2:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:

so kay sp. some people just get something in their craw and go nuts. yea, i was wrong about 5 stars, i thought it was a star/trophy reference and i was wrong. no biggie. well, to some.

but many who know me are probably pretty glad i'm past my "argumentative" stage where i was pretty much the sarcasm master. maybe that's why i pick up on it so easily, i miss it. >g<

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
punk, quit trying to be something you're not...a level-headed, board-mediator :laugh2:

oh hell - *I'M* having a hard time being the level headed one at times. : )

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
oh hell - *I'M* having a hard time being the level headed one at times. : )

me too bro, with Eddie's incessant negativity, the Skin trolls, oh man hehe

superpunk

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

I am a master of level-headedness, and restraint....

unless you're an insane Packer fan.

Then all bets are off.:mad:

31smackdown

Reaction score
I think this one is pretty simple.. it's called complimentary receivers...

Glenn compliments TO and Witten. Keyshawn is more of a combination of the two. Look at successful duo's of recent years.. Bruce/Holt, Moulds/Price, Mohammed/Smith, Wayne/Harrison, ... heck when TO was in Philly.. Stinkston even looked ok... My point is that the combination of a big receiver and a quicker guy that can also stretch the field has proven to be a good one. Keyshawn didn't give the Cowboys that dynamic for defenses to deal with.

In terms of health, Keyshawn hasn't exactly been 100% the last two years even though he hasn't missed games. I'm pretty sure that he had offseason knee and or ankle surgery the last two years. Not to mention that Bledsoe never really seemed to be comfortable "fitting" the ball into him and we know that he doesn't need any more reason to hold the ball any longer than he already does.

I could definitely see Dallas going after a guy in the Glenn, Moss, Smith mold as insurance and also to act as the primary punt returner.. which other than Newman, the team lacks. I think Crayton has shown to be a mediocre returner, and also in more of a backup to the TO position of this offense.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
iceberg said:
trying to understand why we couldn't eat a $1mil bonus but we could a $5mil bonus.

We could have paid Keyshawn's $1 million bonus. The problem was, he wanted a raise, too. Jerry didn't want to pay him the bonus, then have him decide to sit out or retire if he didn't get a raise. When we got Owens, Keyshawn became a second-teamer and a luxury, rather than a necessity, and his value to us was less than what he wanted or what he could have gotten (and did get) on the open market.

If Glenn is a second-teamer next year when his roster bonus comes due, we probably won't pay it. But if he's a starter and a 1,100-yard complement to a Owens, we very well could.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
We could have paid Keyshawn's $1 million bonus. The problem was, he wanted a raise, too. Jerry didn't want to pay him the bonus, then have him decide to sit out or retire if he didn't get a raise. When we got Owens, Keyshawn became a second-teamer and a luxury, rather than a necessity, and his value to us was less than what he wanted or what he could have gotten (and did get) on the open market.

If Glenn is a second-teamer next year when his roster bonus comes due, we probably won't pay it. But if he's a starter and a 1,100-yard complement to a Owens, we very well could.

thanks, adam!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg said:
oh gee - and *I'M* the one starting fights...

No! Actually, I understand exactely what your concerns are! But there is a BIGGER picture that we need to look at! It's just that you don't seem to look at the overall concept of what the team is trying to do!

These are not the old days, my friend!

I wish it were...the days of when we could sit back and watch a Boyz game, and we knew...that they would win! Those days are gone, friend!

Smart things must be done these days...it sucks! Having to see all of the good players leave...but, chit happens!! You know that as much as I do...and that what's makes us football fans!

Espically DALLAS COWBOYS football fans!

But, yeah, I do somewhat agree with what you are concerned about...however, lets don't live the past...lets look at what might be better coming up!

Do you know? No! You don't!! Do I? No I don't!

But, I will say something...I keep the faith, because there many more people that are way smarter then you or I!

:bow: