Tevin Coleman's 40

jday

Reaction score
I would love to see the Cowboys trade down, but if there are no willing takers, I wouldn't be too upset to see them take this guy at 27 either. From what I've read, he is the complete package 3-down running-back. I think the Cowboys need in that area would justify the reach.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
“That’s kind of my style of back — DeMarco Murray or Darren McFadden,” Coleman said at the scouting combine. “They are great backs; I look up to them. That’s kind of how I run.”

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...himself-to-demarco-murray-darren-mcfadden.ece

DFWJC

Reaction score
I would love to see the Cowboys trade down, but if there are no willing takers, I wouldn't be too upset to see them take this guy at 27 either. From what I've read, he is the complete package 3-down running-back. I think the Cowboys need in that area would justify the reach.

I think lately with Jerry, there will be takers because he's willing to take a little (or even a lot) less compared to other recent comparable trades by other teams.

So if normally dropping from down 5-10 slots from 27 would cost the team trading up a 4th and 5th, Jerry might take the 4th if he's real confident he can still get a player in tier group. In his eyes, it's a free extra 4th rounder, for example.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree but that's what he's done the last two trades he's made in the 1st and 2nd rounds (Frederick trade down and Lawrence trade up)....give away a bit more than usual or pay a bit more than usual to be sure he finds a trade partner.

My only qualm would be that with so many good backs, Coleman could actually fall all the way to us in the 2nd without trading. And if he didn't, there would still be a bunch of good backs available.
I would not take him at 27.

But that's just me

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think lately with Jerry, there will be takers because he's willing to take a little (or even a lot) less compared to other recent comparable trades by other teams.

So if normally dropping from down 5-10 slots from 27 would cost the team trading up a 3rd, Jerry might take the 4th if he's real confident he can still get a player in tier group. In his eyes, it's a free extra 4th rounder, for example.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree but that's what he's done the last two trades he's made in the 1st and 2nd rounds (Frederick trade down and Lawrence trade up)....give away a bit more than usual or pay a bit more than usual to be sure he finds a trade partner.

My only qualm would be that with so many good backs, Coleman could actually fall all the way to us in the 2nd without trading. And if he didn't, there would still be a bunch of good backs available.
I would not take him at 27.

But that's just me

After those 40 times, I don't think there is any way he gets to us at 60.

DFWJC

Reaction score
After those 40 times, I don't think there is any way he gets to us at 60.

possibly/probably true

This RB class overall is not especially fast, so he stands out some in that regard.

in that case, for me, the only way we get him is from a trade down from 27 or a trade up from 60
Too many good players at other positions to burn the 27th , imo, and especially with so many good backs overall.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here is what Coleman did after the foot injury

Iowa - 15 Att, 219 Yds, 14.6 AYPC, 3 TDs
MSU - 15 Att, 132 Yds, 8.8 AYPC, 0 TDs
Mich - 27 Att, 108 Yds, 4.0 AYPC, 0 TDs
PSU - 20 Att, 71 Yds, 3.6 AYPC, 0 TDs
Rutg - 32 Att, 307 Yds, 9.6 AYPC, 1 TD
OSU - 27 Att, 228 Yds, 8.4 AYPC, 3 TDs
Pur - 29 Att, 130 Yds, 4.5 AYPC, 0 TDs

Particularly interesting, in that Indiana lost it's starting QB, Sudfeld, for the season against Iowa. They lost their 2nd string Covington after his mother passed away and he had to leave. They ended up going with Redshirt Freshman Zander Diamont, who wasn't even recruited as a QB. I watched him against Michigan and they basically ran the wildcat. Michigan stacked the line and played most of that game on Indiana's side of the LOS. I wonder what Coleman would have been able to do without the foot injury and with a QB?

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I think he looks big in that video.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-22-at-9.39.58-PM.png

vs

635646969772865213-inidc5-6k2z9jg0sb9j4ld37s-original.jpg

You tell me, if Gordon is 215 than Coleman is....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think if Dallas trades down to early round two that he is the guy.

I have no basis for this opinion, am not an expert of any type, nor will I claim responsibility later if we draft him and he is a massive bust.

:laugh:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Definitely like him in the second.

As this offseason has progressed, I've liked Coleman more and more. I'd be perfectly happy with him in Dallas. Gurley, Gordon, Coleman... some really good choices there and I'd be fine with any of those 3.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think if Dallas trades down to early round two that he is the guy.

I have no basis for this opinion, am not an expert of any type, nor will I claim responsibility later if we draft him and he is a massive bust.

If we draft Coleman... I fully expect you to have a sig pic with him eating a puppy in a fully loaded hotdog.

rags747

Reaction score
Definitely like him in the second.

As this offseason has progressed, I've liked Coleman more and more. I'd be perfectly happy with him in Dallas. Gurley, Gordon, Coleman... some really good choices there and I'd be fine with any of those 3.

I think u take Coleman at 27 or a small trade down just prior to the Jags. Pats could grab him at 32 as well...

tm1119

Reaction score
A lot of excitement over a pro day 40 time....it shouldn't mean anything to anyone but the Coleman train is clearly in full steam. Wouldn't have a problem if we took Coleman at 60 at all, but taking him at 27 or trading down in the 1st just to get him would be insane in my opinion. Fully don't expect it to happen though

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
A lot of excitement over a pro day 40 time....it shouldn't mean anything to anyone but the Coleman train is clearly in full steam. Wouldn't have a problem if we took Coleman at 60 at all, but taking him at 27 or trading down in the 1st just to get him would be insane in my opinion. Fully don't expect it to happen though

No, I don't see it happening either.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't think it's just people on the "Coleman Train". It was reported that something like 27 NFL representatives were there to watch him work out. Because he didn't run in the combine, I think there was a lot of interest.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who will be the better RB in 2015, Tevin Coleman or Darren McFadden?