Texas Longhorns Football Thread 2.0

rkell87

Reaction score
Cythim;4891521 said:
That is a guy I won't worry about until he is signing. He already committed and decommitted to Bama and Auburn, until ink is on paper I won't believe a word he says. He would be a great steal but I'm not getting my hopes up.

not sure ink on paper will hold him either since ink on arm had no effect

reuben-foster-auburn-tattoo-530x314.jpg

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
rkell87;4891659 said:
not sure ink on paper will hold him either since ink on arm had no effect

reuben-foster-auburn-tattoo-530x314.jpg

Reuben Foster@reubenfoster_FG
Not getting rid of the tattoo supporting my big cuz Ladarius Phillip R.I.P #keepingit

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cythim;4891053 said:
SEC has nothing to do with the 34 commits for A&M. Sumlin only signed 19 last year, releasing anyone from their commitment who didn't want to play under him or in the SEC. Of the 34 this year 9 will be coming as mid-term signees before spring practice and will actually count to the 2012 recruiting class. The SEC has a cap of 25 but we are allowed to continue filling out last year's class. The SEC cap was 28 but they changed it in 2011 to 25.

I agree with you that A&M's control in recruiting is vastly overstated. Texas still clearly holds an edge in Texas with 4 recruits in the top 10 for ESPN compared to A&M's 2 and 7 ESPN 150 commits to A&M's 6. And that is with the small number of guys Texas has committed so far. I think most people are just surprised to see some of these guys that probably would have gone somewhere else are now heading to A&M. Mack Brown still owns the state of Texas, Sumlin is just doing a good job of keeping the guys UT missed in the state.

thanks for clearing that up, i just remembered that the SEC had a higher limit and saw that A&M had 34 recruits, so i put 2 and 2 together, but that makes sense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Feldman also reporting that Harsin is interviewing for Arkansas St. Job. Also linked to San Jose St. job.

This is getting interesting. I can see one Coordinator but both in the same offseason after having just hired both? There might be something here with respects to Mack Brown. IDK

MC KAos

Reaction score

jimmy40

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4893179 said:
Could be looking for two new Coordinators again at Texas.
so Mack will need a new three year plan that Deloser will surely give him. clap clap clap

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jimmy40;4893318 said:
so Mack will need a new three year plan that Deloser will surely give him. clap clap clap

:laugh2:

Your feisty today Jimmy!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jimmy40;4893318 said:

I would imagine any new contract extension would include retirement at the end of said contract...

rkell87

Reaction score
durham smythe has decommitted from Texas.

a'shawn robinson took is official to USC and came away impressed so he may be next. If we lose him I think our class falls apart, he is the best player committed at this point and after losing RSJ that would be two top ten prospects nationally lost

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Scott is good. That's a shame but it's not unexpected. His ties to A&M were much stronger then to Texas.

rkell87

Reaction score
Oklahoma picked up a verbal commitment from defensive end Obo Okoronkwo (Houston, Texas/Alief Taylor) on Wednesday afternoon. The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder previously was committed to Oklahoma State.

Okoronkwo is verbal commitment No. 15 for the Sooners in the 2013 class.

With a numerical rating of 89 according to 247Sports, Okoronkwo is a three-star prospect. He is the nation's No. 22 strongside defensive end and the No. 56 overall prospect in the state of Texas.

Okoronkwo had been committed to Oklahoma State since June 28.

rkell87

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4894798 said:
Scott is good. That's a shame but it's unexpected. His ties to A&M were much stronger then to Texas.

i think you mean expected, or, not unexpected

Zordon

Reaction score
lol AND scott?

this is the WORST few weeks in recruiting since mack took over.

unbelievable....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zordon;4894841 said:
lol AND scott?

this is the WORST few weeks in recruiting since mack took over.

unbelievable....

Any shot that we might have had with him, which was probably very little to begin with, was gone once news got out that Diaz was looking to bolt.

Hard to understand what's going on in Austin right now.