Texas Rangers 2013 Thread

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I love Ron Washinton as a manager. He's the type of guy I would love playing for.

durrrr

Reaction score
TheCowboy;5086533 said:
I love Ron Washinton as a manager. He's the type of guy I would love playing for.

I'd rather play for a manager that makes better decisions.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Wash has lost my confidence,please get rid of him Jon daniels.

RamziD

Reaction score
I was looking up Elvis' stats and his BA has dropped more than 40 points (.282 to .241) since May 18th. That is right around the time Profar was called up. I wonder if Elvis is hearing footsteps and that is affecting his play? That makes me rethink whether it would be best to work out a Profar-Stanton trade. We certainly could use Stanton's bat now. We would have to shake up the OF (move Nelly to LF or maybe just plug Stanton in there), but that's not too big a deal.

I've read that the asking price is somewhere in the neighborhood of Profar/Perez/Alfaro for Stanton (that's a very rich price, I know, but Stanton has been extremely hot since coming back from injury). Maybe that's the reason the club is not calling up Perez...so he doesn't have a bad outing that might sour the deal. Adding Stanton to a lineup that includes a healthy Kinsler and Moreland, and (hopefully) a more relaxed and productive Andrus, could potentially be a huge boost for our offense.

If some of our younger pitchers show up, then we would be right back in it for a WS run. If not, then we still have Stanton under control until 2016 and then would just have to look for another SP in the offseason to be competitive for the future.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Elvis hearing footsteps?

He has $120 mil reasons why he doesn't need to be worried about Profar. He isn't going anywhere.

RamziD

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5102298 said:
Elvis hearing footsteps?

He has $120 mil reasons why he doesn't need to be worried about Profar. He isn't going anywhere.

Duh, nevermind, I forgot the Rangers signed Elvis to a contract extension. Maybe doesn't explain his struggles lately, then. Nevertheless, I think Stanton could be our next (and potentially better) Josh Hamilton, and I'm salivating at the thought of him in our lineup for a decade. Better than trying to make Profar or Kinsler play OF, I would think.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I'm still leaving the Kinsler to 1B option open. Not sure if Mitch is for real yet.

RamziD

Reaction score
I hear ya about Mitch. Hopefully he continues to play well when he gets off the DL.

Kristen82

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5102315 said:
I'm still leaving the Kinsler to 1B option open. Not sure if Mitch is for real yet.

Kinsler has said he doesn't want to play any position other than 2B. We could have another Michael Young situation here.

Zordon

Reaction score
This hurts....BAD.

i6CdtgQ.png

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Zordon;5102892 said:
This hurts....BAD.

i6CdtgQ.png

2 more HR's yesterday & 5 RBI against the Tigers.

Tommy Hunter came over in the Koji trade also. He has been really good out of the bullpen. As a starter he didnt show much, but as a BP arm he has been rock solid.

That trade just didnt work out well for the Rangers. At the time Koji was lights out in the BP for the Orioles, but for whatever reason he didnt do well in Texas. Chris Davis just needed enough playing time I guess. A lot of O's fans werent on his bandwagon early on. It took about a full season for the naysayers to start warming up to him. Now all of us O's fans love him.

Kristen82

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5102958 said:
2 more HR's yesterday & 5 RBI against the Tigers.

Tommy Hunter came over in the Koji trade also. He has been really good out of the bullpen. As a starter he didnt show much, but as a BP arm he has been rock solid.

That trade just didnt work out well for the Rangers. At the time Koji was lights out in the BP for the Orioles, but for whatever reason he didnt do well in Texas. Chris Davis just needed enough playing time I guess. A lot of O's fans werent on his bandwagon early on. It took about a full season for the naysayers to start warming up to him. Now all of us O's fans love him.

Well, I'm happy with the consolation prize that is Moreland. Happy for Davis too because he's a nice guy.