Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I watched last nights game until the 8th inning when the Rangers took the lead 4-3. I had some things I had to do before bed, so I walked away. I went to check the score before going to bed and I just had a rotten feeling in my stomach. I knew something had gone wrong and that is exactly what happen. I didn't even bother to check which pitcher blew the game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
FYI: Rangers game is on. (day game) Final game with the Rays I think.

Middle of the 3rd no score. Colby Lewis vs David Price.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rangers win 3-0. Colby Lewis went 8 innings, four hits, eight Ks, and two walks. Feliz closed it out.

Rangers were 4-4 stealing bases.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I don't think feliz is ever going to strike out another batter ever :<

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;3964624 said:
I don't think feliz is ever going to strike out another batter ever :<

He didn't strike anyone out today, but he did look good. Not like recently, especially against KC.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Should be a good series with Cleveland. Cleveland having the best record in the AL right now. Too bad we have Bush starting tonight. But he can hold his own. Just need the bats to come alive.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
CJ Wilson, shoulder discomfort, shut down.

hahaha, just kidding. It's really Brandon Webb. Shocking, huh?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3965399 said:
Should be a good series with Cleveland. Cleveland having the best record in the AL right now. Too bad we have Bush starting tonight. But he can hold his own. Just need the bats to come alive.

I didn't watch the whole game, but Bush was terrible in the second inning. I mean it was nasty to watch, but he seemed to settle down. I only got to watch it until the Rangers tied the game. It was good to see that they were able to comeback and win it.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
DIAF;3965587 said:
CJ Wilson, shoulder discomfort, shut down.

hahaha, just kidding. It's really Brandon Webb. Shocking, huh?

It was a good shot in the dark for the Rangers. I mean why not take a chance? But I'm pretty sure you can stick a fork in Webb, he is topping out at 84.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3965855 said:
It was a good shot in the dark for the Rangers. I mean why not take a chance? But I'm pretty sure you can stick a fork in Webb, he is topping out at 84.

Velocity means nothing at this point. That will come with arm strengthening. Shoulder inflammation though.....even if the inflammation is just coming from not used to pitching in the last two years.....its a troubling sign that Webb won't be ready anytime soon.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3966215 said:
Ogando: 6-0

It appears that the report of his demise as made in this thread (twice) was greatly exaggerated (again).

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The Rangers are on a tear. Holland looked good tonight. And another night of Hamilton and Nelly longballs. Good to have them back.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
18-5 since Josh came back. The heart and soul of this team.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Dear Good Derek Holland: Please stick around

Also, Matt Harrison has a kidney stone.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;3966649 said:
Dear Good Derek Holland: Please stick around

Also, Matt Harrison has a kidney stone.

How long does it take to get over a kidney stone? We can't stand much of Bush.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;3966657 said:
How long does it take to get over a kidney stone? We can't stand much of Bush.

I think it varies from person to person. I pray I never have one. From what I've heard they are very painful.

Bring out the brooms, Rangers sweep the Tribe. CJ was on fired today. Feliz has looked better lately, hope it continues.

dback

Reaction score
Rangers sweep the Tribe!!! One run allowed in the last three games.

EDIT: Two runs allowed, not one.

Stautner

Reaction score
Gotta like what we are getting from the pitching staff. Still a little concern because of no real history to support what is happening with Holland, Harrison and Ogando, but the same was true of CJ, Colby and Hunter last year. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'm still a little worried about the bullpen. I think Feliz will be fine, but the whether the middle relievers and set up guys can hold up their end of the bargain is a question.