Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tko112204;3970114 said:
He's thrown 19 pitches so far.

0 swings. 1 BB, 2 Ks. That's pretty weird.

He has great movement on his pitches and one of the best fastballs on the team. The only other fastball on the team I think that is comparable is Ogando's.

They were talking to Michael Young the other day. They ask him how he liked playing first base, and he said he likes it because it allows him to talk to the opposing players when they are at first. He noted that most of the time they talk about Holland and Ogando. He said they talk about the movement of their pitches and how they don't really like facing them. Considering this team has some pretty good starting pitchers in CJ and Lewis and all the opposing players are talking about Holland and Ogando I think speaks volumes of how much talent those two really have.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you didn't see Cruz' double play lastnight, go to texasrangers.com and check it out. It was a wow play!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;3971026 said:
If you didn't see Cruz' double play lastnight, go to texasrangers.com and check it out. It was a wow play!

Yes sir, very impressive.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Jeez Colby, what is wrong with you. Thanks for another loss. 5-0 in the first.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3971142 said:
Jeez Colby, what is wrong with you. Thanks for another loss. 5-0 in the first.

He seems to be either "lights out" or "lights off" - outstanding or horrible.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
Napoli to the DL with an oblique strain. Crapgarden brought up.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Time for another series with the Yankees. It will be a good test for all our pitchers and hitters.

Ogando 7-0, 2.10 vs. Sabathia 7-4, 3.14

Holland 5-1, 4.41 vs. Nova 5-4, 4.30

Wilson 7-3, 3.09 vs. TBA

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3972324 said:
Time for another series with the Yankees. It will be a good test for all our pitchers and hitters.

Ogando 7-0, 2.10 vs. Sabathia 7-4, 3.14

Holland 5-1, 4.41 vs. Nova 5-4, 4.30

Wilson 7-3, 3.09 vs. TBA

Pitching has been average to plain poor lately. Hopefully Ogando can get the team back on track.

Stautner

Reaction score
Stautner;3972742 said:
Pitching has been average to plain poor lately. Hopefully Ogando can get the team back on track.

Can't argue with DIAF about Ogando with this game. He got beat up on pretty bad.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3973393 said:
Can't argue with DIAF about Ogando with this game. He got beat up on pretty bad.

I didn't see what happen, but I did see the box. It was pretty bad. He has had two less than stellar outings and both came against the Yankees. It appears the starting rotation went from pitching very well as a whole, to garbage every game. Can't figure out how everyone can go to crap at once.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;3973396 said:
I didn't see what happen, but I did see the box. It was pretty bad. He has had two less than stellar outings and both came against the Yankees. It appears the starting rotation went from pitching very well as a whole, to garbage every game. Can't figure out how everyone can go to crap at once.

Its the Rangers, lol. Its going to be a rough six game stretch if we can't put it together, with the Braves after the Yankees.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3973396 said:

His previously less than stellar outing was just a blip - he still pitched well into the game and kept us in it. This one was different. He truly got beat up on.

He stuck too much with the fastball, which is odd because his last start he consistently mixed in curves, changeups and sliders thrown at different speeds, and Nolan was talking about how hard he had worked on developing different pitches. For whatever reason he didn't do that yesterday, and it was just one of those games where things snowballed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
There are a lot of happy goats out there right now, cause the Rangers pitchers are pitching like ****. It's embarrassing. :bang2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3974183 said:
Hopefully CJ can right the ship. Ugh, how I hate the Yankees.

...not that CJ has been pitching lights out lately either.

dback

Reaction score
CJ had a good game today with 10 strikeouts through 8 innings and 2 runs allowed. Darren Oliver is in trouble though. 2 on with one out.

Stautner

Reaction score
dback;3974450 said:
CJ had a good game today with 10 strikeouts through 8 innings and 2 runs allowed. Darren Oliver is in trouble though. 2 on with one out.

That's an outstanding game. Too bad no run support.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
dback;3974450 said:

I don't know how he just got out of that

dback

Reaction score
Extra innings folks. Josh Hamilton leading off and facing Mariano Rivera

EDIT: Wasted a base runner in that inning.