Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3966657 said:
How long does it take to get over a kidney stone? We can't stand much of Bush.

I've heard horrible things about passing kidney stones. :eek:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wow, Colby laid an rotten egg last night. On the positive side, Cruz jacked two 2 run homers. I think that is four in three games. Three of them have been BOOMERS.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
That wasn't pretty by Colby last night, but our offense didn't seem to lose a step, the pitching was just horrid. Lets see how Harrison does after a missed start and dealing with a kidney stone.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3968054 said:
That wasn't pretty by Colby last night, but our offense didn't seem to lose a step, the pitching was just horrid. Lets see how Harrison does after a missed start and dealing with a kidney stone.

No, it wasn't pretty, but unlike some here (not you) most of us recognize that there are going to be games like this and that it doesn't spell doom for the pitcher or the team. I know you realize that. So far the starting pitching has been very encouraging, so I'm going to take last night as an aberration.

tko112204

Reaction score
Wanna see some "sabermetrics" that people in this thread will actually like?

Lewis leads MLB in home runs allowed, but is sporting a 13.4% HR/FB rate. He's always going to give up a lot of home runs, really always has, but 13.4% is an outlier that is primed for regression.

Once his flyballs start staying in the park a little more, he'll look more like Colby Lewis again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...rs-fan-places-bounty-on-brothe?urn=mlb-wp8810

photo_young_rangers_fan_places_bounty_on_brothers_head.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Didn't see the game, but the box sure was ugly. 20 hits? Every single pitcher they brought in blew *** last night. No to mention the offense too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3968889 said:
We can't seem to handle Detroit this year, for whatever reason.

Ogando is putting a whipping on them. Bottom of the 8th inning and the Rangers are up 7-1

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;3969364 said:
Ogando is putting a whipping on them. Bottom of the 8th inning and the Rangers are up 7-1

Ogando has been out this world unbelievable. I never expected it from him this year.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3969403 said:
Ogando has been out this world unbelievable. I never expected it from him this year.

Last nights game was even more impressive. He started the game without his command but got better as the game went along. It is so amazing what he is able to accomplish with no polish.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3969364 said:

WDN;3969458 said:
Last nights game was even more impressive. He started the game without his command but got better as the game went along. It is so amazing what he is able to accomplish with no polish.

DIAF;3962444 said:
Speaking of implode, i see the Great Ogando Correction has begun. I was hoping this would start AFTER Tommy Hunter came back at least, but I guess that was too much to ask for.

DIAF;3943767 said:
There was no backpaddle on Ogando - I said from the very start I think his implosion will be because he's probably not cut out to be a starter - he throws hard, only has two good pitches, and can get pretty wild. I have no faith in him as a starting pitcher.

I'm so confused

tko112204

Reaction score
I'm streaming Derek Holland tonight.

Minnesota is horrible. I hope good Derek Holland is playing tonight.

Not his evil twin brother, Derek Walksalot.

Stautner

Reaction score
tko112204;3970074 said:
I'm streaming Derek Holland tonight.

Minnesota is horrible. I hope good Derek Holland is playing tonight.

Not his evil twin brother, Derek Walksalot.

Yeah, he is inconsistent. Every time he pitches you can see the basic talent, but he just hasn't overcome a tendency to be erratic too often. HJe's still young though.

tko112204

Reaction score
Stautner;3970077 said:
Yeah, he is inconsistent. Every time he pitches you can see the basic talent, but he just hasn't overcome a tendency to be erratic too often. HJe's still young though.

He's thrown 19 pitches so far.

0 swings. 1 BB, 2 Ks. That's pretty weird.

Stautner

Reaction score
tko112204;3970114 said:
He's thrown 19 pitches so far.

0 swings. 1 BB, 2 Ks. That's pretty weird.
He had a great start to the game, faltered in the middle, but still pitched well enough to give the team a good chance to win, frustrating loss.